• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

How much money did the Swedish royal family ...

... lose in Iceland?

byke
post 17.Apr.2010, 11:14 AM
Post #1

Just curious as I saw them whoring themselves in adverts all around the city for different products and this isnt very dignified. Especially since only Stockholm tax payers will be billed for the event and are not invited.

Personally I think they should have held it another region (like Falun) where the local labour is cheaper and it wont disturb the working public.

This photo was taken in NK, yesterday.

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page
+
byke
post 17.Apr.2010, 11:15 AM
Post #2

Here is another from Guldfynd ...

They ain't royal ... just thiefs.

Attached Image

+
*Trowbridge H. Ford*
post 17.Apr.2010, 11:20 AM
Post #3

Since it will also bring about 2,000,000 people to Stockholm to spend much more, it hardly seems something to complain about.

Perhaps, what one would expect from an anti-monarchist through and through.
+
byke
post 17.Apr.2010, 11:24 AM
Post #4

Oh silly me, I thought they were the Swedish royal family?
If they are just the stockholm royal family, then fuck it ... they aint worth it (anyone want to buy a jet fighter?).

I would also love to see how the 2M numbers have been cooked up in terms of this event.
PS - royals dont whore themselves.
+
*Trowbridge H. Ford*
post 17.Apr.2010, 11:31 AM
Post #5

Makes the British royal family the biggest whores on the globe!
+
byke
post 17.Apr.2010, 01:26 PM
Post #6

I dont quite follow?
Are you claiming that wales or some other county was stuck with a clean up bill for the marriage or charles and camilla? I am pretty sure it didnt raise 2million extra tourists to that area either. I didnt see camilla or charles on the front of horse food or advertising for brands like american express.

Either way,
I am glad you agree that the swedish royals are whoring themselves and taking the piss by having stockholm tax payers pick up their bill, having stockholm residents have to put up with any influx that could shut there city down, and have have stockholm tax payers subjected to this type of double standard arse reaming.

And to top it all off, the royals have set up a save the children fund where a certain UNDISCLOSED amount of cash raised by their whoring goes to this fund. yet they cant even pay for their own wedding or spread the costs out across the nation.

I wonder if any of the royals will jet off and live in another country after milking the system?
Like a high profile student loan thief.
+
nic_tester
post 17.Apr.2010, 02:54 PM
Post #7

Byke, is your concern here really the wellfare of the residents of stockholm? Or is it just something you use because you are strongly against monarchy? Or do you have a particular hatred of the swedish royal family?
+
byke
post 17.Apr.2010, 03:39 PM
Post #8

It has nothing to do with hatred, sweden or monarchies.

The simple fact is, that residents of stockholm are being taken for a ride.
The cost to host the swedish royal wedding is not being met by the majority but a small region.

And to top it all off, this endorsing ***cough whoring*** in a "Hood Robin" (take from the common man to give to the stinking rich) just takes the piss.

I believe in royalty and monarchies if a society want them.
But this is not just and to not only target one area to cover all these costs and additional issues but then to have royals promoting local private businesses is wrong.

The modern day role for royals is to generally pomp and ceremony for international trade and relations, but you know you are scrapping the bottom of the barrel when these so called royals start targeting locals in an attempt to raise more funds.

Maybe Victoria can team up and release a special shoe for the occasion to help raise more funds her kommun paid wedding ... as part of the Imelda Marcos collection.
+
Streja
post 19.Apr.2010, 08:32 AM
Post #9

Hmmmmm, maybe the ads pay for it?

I think they should pay themselves.

It's similar to that Bill Gates' friend wedding in Gbg when the town had to pay for extra police security for all those Microsoft people.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se