• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

SuperCheap $2 stores in Stocholm?

In search of the cheap two dollar stores.

l2oBiN
post 18.Apr.2010, 12:15 AM
Post #1

Does anyone know of super cheap so called "two dollar stores" (named after their marking ploy of nothing is over two bucks in the store). The products ard usually terrible quality but can come quite useful at times.

I know of OoB at Friedemsplan which is somewhat close to the two dollar store but more like a "GoLo" store in Australia.

Many thanx in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+
swozzie
post 18.Apr.2010, 12:20 AM
Post #2

I don't know how things are over your way but my nearest 2 dollar store to Gothenburg is Berlin
+
Furu
post 18.Apr.2010, 12:21 AM
Post #3

Willy's has clearance section where everything is 10kr.
+
Lilje
post 18.Apr.2010, 07:21 AM
Post #4

What about all the Rusta stores? Everytime I go in I always end up 500 SEK of stuff I did not want due to the price of it (I mean does one honestly need a 2L bottle of Palmolive? Probably not but I always end up with one when I leave smile.gif ). There are also alot of small individualy run dollar stores such as the one behind Jakobsberg centrum and the one just next to Solna centrum.
+
Puffin
post 18.Apr.2010, 07:28 AM
Post #5

There is a chain called Dollarstore that has cheap stuff
http://www.dollarstore.se/se/

There is also Clas Ohlson and Lidl etc
+
swozzie
post 18.Apr.2010, 11:55 AM
Post #6

seriously, if you are looking for the 2 dollar jobs that we get in Oz then Germany is your best bet. It's full of cheap stores that sell absolutely EVERYTHING .Crap quality as you say but useful little bibs and bobs. Sweden is not famous for it's variety and choice dry.gif
+
Streja
post 19.Apr.2010, 08:03 AM
Post #7

Swozzie, as you are in Gothenburg you should know about Göfab.
+
swozzie
post 19.Apr.2010, 08:35 AM
Post #8

Yes but its such a depressing vibe at Göfab.

I save up all my shopping for Germany where there is so much variety and choice and the stores there are more like what the OP probably misses from Oz.. I know I do.

Not to mention all the wonderful essen und trincken and feeling of life there. imo.
+
Streja
post 19.Apr.2010, 08:37 AM
Post #9

I think it would be rather silly to go to Germany to look for cheap products. It would be cheaper to stay here and buy better quality from whatever country.

Online is your friend.
+
Bettyinsweden
post 19.Apr.2010, 08:46 AM
Post #10

I agree with Streja.
+
swozzie
post 19.Apr.2010, 09:00 AM
Post #11

Its not about cheap products so much as VARIETY and CHOICE

Things that Australians are used to in abundance and we miss that here. Well that was where I was coming from in my response. OK ? smile.gif
+
Streja
post 19.Apr.2010, 09:04 AM
Post #12

??

It's easy to get more variety. Online or if you want special food products, go to Saluhallen.

Alternatively, think about the environment.
+
swozzie
post 19.Apr.2010, 09:09 AM
Post #13

Obviously variety and choice is relative.

The OP hopefully gets what I'm on about as really I am comparing Sweden - a shoppers nightmare - to Australia - shoppers paradise.

and that is from a non shopper. ... or maybe I just like an excuse to escape Sweden and luxuriate in a less lagom environment ibland - de vez en cuando - comprendes ?
+
Streja
post 19.Apr.2010, 09:13 AM
Post #14

I prefer Spain and France when we're talking variety and shoppers paradise. (food)

Germany does not do it for me. I've been there loads and it's not my sort of thing.

I haven't been to Oz so can't comment. I'm assuming they have as much fresh fruit as Spain. Sweden can't as we're a cold country with only 9 million people.

It's like wanting big supermarkets in a small village.

If you think Sweden is bad, go to Norway!
+
Lostaussie
post 19.Apr.2010, 09:21 AM
Post #15

I use to think Oz was bad, then I came to Sweden smile.gif
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se