• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Iraqi immigrant in Sweden Democrats

Iraqi joins SD to campaign against gay marriage.

Nemesis
post 24.May.2010, 05:34 PM
Post #1

Immigrants - and Sverigedemokrat

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/valet201...ticle7178127.ab

Nader Helawi stop homovigslar
Nader Helawi from Iraq is deeply involved in asylum and refugee rights.

And Sverigedemokrat.

- I refer lots of new members into the party, "he says.

But his work is not appreciated at all levels.

A picture of two men kissing is Nader Helawis main weapon when he was picking up new members of the Sweden Democrats. He is strongly opposed homovigslar but also want to rebel against what he calls the "Islamisation" of the Swedish society.

Invite Muslims
And in his network, he also captures Muslims.

- Yes, Muslims are strongly opposed homovigslar. We will soon have our first Muslim party member, "he says.

SD wants to limit immigration sharply, is it not unfair to others not to have the same chance that you got when you came to Sweden in 2001?

- Those who have valid reasons to be allowed to enter.

'Not surprising'
Today, 14 percent of SD's immigrant members.

Journalist Niklas Orrenius, has just written a book on the lot, is not surprised by Nader Helawis views, or the fact that they are immigrants and SD member.

- What surprises me is that he plays so hard on the opposition to gay marriage, "he says.

Niklas Orrenius believe that Sweden Democrats party leadership welcomed the members of immigrant origin.

- The management course, trying to convey the image of the Sweden Democrats as a nationalist party for everyone, so they are probably just happy for his commitment.

Meets discontent
But grassroots discontent boils:

"Is not Sweden Democrats a party of Swedes, the Swedes," the signature example Sinner at party forum Ungsvensk.

Invandrare – och Sverigedemokrat

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/valet201...ticle7178127.ab

Nader Helawi vill stoppa homovigslar
Nader Helawi från Irak är djupt engagerad i asylfrågor och flyktingars rättigheter.

Och Sverigedemokrat.

– Jag värvar massor av nya medlemmar till partiet, säger han.

Men hans arbete uppskattas inte i alla led.

En bild av två män som kysser varandra är Nader Helawis främsta vapen när han raggar nya medlemmar till Sverigedemokraterna. Han är starkt emot homovigslar, men vill också göra uppror mot det han kallar ”islamiseringen” av det svenska samhället.

Värvar muslimer
Och i sitt nät fångar han även muslimer.

– Ja, muslimer är starkt emot homovigslar. Vi kommer snart att få vår första muslimska partimedlem, säger han.

SD vill ju begränsa invandringen kraftigt, är det inte orättvist att andra inte ska få samma chans som du fick när du kom till Sverige 2001?

– De som har giltiga skäl ska få komma in.

”Inte förvånande”
I dag har 14 procent av SD:s medlemmar invandrarbakgrund.

Journalisten Niklas Orrenius, som precis skrivit en bok om partiet, är inte förvånad över Nader Helawis åsikter, eller det faktum att han är invandrare och SD-medlem.

– Det som förvånar mig är att han spelar så hårt på motståndet mot homoäktenskap, säger han.

Niklas Orrenius menar att Sverigedemokraternas partiledning ser positivt på medlemmar med invandrarbakgrund.

– Ledningen försöker ju förmedla bilden av Sverige-demokraterna som ett nationalistiskt parti för alla, så de är säkert bara glada för hans engagemang.

Möter missnöje
Men på gräsrotsnivå kokar missnöjet:

”Är inte Sverigedemokraterna ett parti för svenskar, av svenskar”, skriver exempelvis signaturen Sinner på partiforumet Ungsvensk.
Go to the top of the page
+
superturbo
post 24.May.2010, 06:49 PM
Post #2

He's far from the the only immigrant in that party. I've seen an Iranian, ukranian, several finnish people, a serb and more...

What's your point with this post btw? What is that you want to discuss? Anti gay movements?
+
Nemesis
post 24.May.2010, 07:20 PM
Post #3

Discuss what. He is an idiot.

He joins the SD to campaign against gay marriage and immigrants.

I hope he deports himself.
+
superturbo
post 24.May.2010, 09:56 PM
Post #4

there are of course difference between immigrants and immigrants, but if you want to simplify facts like that then be my guest...
+
DidiE
post 25.May.2010, 03:30 AM
Post #5

This might be the best line I've read all year: I hope he deports himself.
Classic, N.! I'm bumping your sassyassy self for this one so others can appreciate it.
+
swozzie
post 25.May.2010, 05:36 AM
Post #6

Yep ... have to agree with that . You had me on the floor with that one Nem.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply