• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

South African in Sweden

Living in Gothenburg?

janitalord
post 2.Aug.2010, 11:41 PM
Post #1

Hi there,

I am a 22 year old South African female now living in Gothenburg, looking to make some friends as I plan to live in Sweden perminently with my boyfriend who is also South African.

Fika anyone?
Go to the top of the page
+
Qwazy_wabbit
post 3.Aug.2010, 05:19 PM
Post #2

Welcome...

I too am South African and have been here for about 13 months now. It's been an interesting experience getting to learn the sytems and the lingo here but you will get used to it quite quickly.
I am friends with another South African i met here on the local but we both live in Stockholm, so it was easier for us. We are both willing to help you guys settle-in here so we will try and help you guys where we can.

Cheers

Denny
+
janitalord
post 3.Aug.2010, 10:23 PM
Post #3

Great to hear there are other South Africans in Sweden. I know there are quite a few, but in hiding tongue.gif and I know there are quite a bit more in Stockholm than what there are in Gothenburg.

All foreigners wanting to meet some new people and make some friends, feel free to contact me... then again, even swedish are more than welcome to contact me as well, it would do me good to practice my swedish. =)
+
jirmi
post 8.May.2014, 02:07 AM
Post #4

Greetings,

I'm South African, planning on moving to Gothenburg from Shanghai with my German husband at the start of 2015.
Honestly, I'm excited about the prospect of someplace new, even though this will be the third time I expatriate, but I've read some horror stories about "cold' locals, conforming being the norm and the impossibility of foreigners finding jobs.

And then there's also the thing, that I need some Saffas in my surrounding. Could you guys give me some advice on how you're surviving over there and if there are other South Africans to ease the homesickness?

Thanks a bunch.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se