• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Parcel Force Delivery agent in Sweden

Need to know their Swedish partner

Rick Methven
post 25.Aug.2010, 04:36 PM
Post #1

I have bought a new netbook from Laptops direct in the UK. It was picked up by Parcelforce on the 19th arrived in Denmark on the 21st and arrived to the " Delivery Agent Sweden on the 24th August.

When I tracked it this morning Parceforce says it was "Out for delivery" at 06:35

That was 11 hours ago for a packet that is classed as Euro Priority Business.

As Business deliveries are not made here after 4pm, I am trying to find out what has happened.

I sent an email to Parcel force asking them who was there "Delivery Agent"to which I got an automated reply that they would come back to me in 3-4 days sad.gif

I have tried putting in my tracking number in UPS, DHL, Posten and Schenker and all come back with an invalid tracking number.

Has anybody had a packet that was sent via Parcelforce from the UK and knows who actually delivered it in Sweden?
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 25.Aug.2010, 05:12 PM
Post #2

I have had this trouble - Parcelforce's *partner* in Sweden is Schenker one of the worst companies (only UPS is worse) - The best bet is to ask the sender to track - however Schenker usually deny all knowledge

Last Christmas I ordered presents in November - 5 weeks later they had not arrived the sender tracked them to Sweden but Schenker claimed no knowledge and the company resent the shipment and it arrived 2 weeks later on December 23rd - although we had to drive a 60km round trip to get it as Schenker claimed they couldn't deliver it until January... Then on Christmas Eve - Mr Puffin ran out to the local ICA and the owner came up and told him that Schenker had dropped off a parcel 30 minutes eariler - she'd assumed we were not home - yet they'd not even been to our house - perhaps embarrassed that it took 7 weeks to deliver the parcel...
+
Rick Methven
post 25.Aug.2010, 05:24 PM
Post #3

I tried putting the parcelforce traking number into Schenkers tracking and came up with nothing.

Thie packet needs signing for and I have been in all day in my office with a view of the road and they have not been.

This is the tracking report from parcelforce which says it was out to be delivered at 06:35 this morning.

When we have had packets via Schenker before they had to be picked up at the local Preem station. but this needs my signature as it is socalled 'Euro Priority Business'

Date Time Location Tracking Event

25-08-2010 06:35 Delivery Agent - SWEDEN Out for delivery
25-08-2010 03:18 Delivery Agent - SWEDEN Arrived at destination country
24-08-2010 13:29 Delivery Agent - SWEDEN Arrived at destination country
21-08-2010 00:51 Delivery Agent - DENMARK Arrived at destination country
19-08-2010 21:45 International Hub Left origin country
19-08-2010 21:32 International Hub Arrived at outward Office of Exchange
19-08-2010 17:35 Leeds Depot On route to hub
19-08-2010 15:25 Leeds Depot Collected from customer
+
LondonJames
post 25.Aug.2010, 05:41 PM
Post #4

Have you tried Deutsche Post?

Royal Mail used to use them two years ago for some Sweden deliveries.

Not sure if your parcel number will be the same with them anyway...
+
LondonJames
post 25.Aug.2010, 05:41 PM
Post #5

Cancel that - you have checked.
+
Rick Methven
post 25.Aug.2010, 05:42 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (LondonJames @ 25.Aug.2010, 06:41 PM) *
Have you tried Deutsche Post?. Royal Mail used to use them two years ago for some Sweden deliveries.. Not sure if your parcel number will be the same with them anyway...

Tried them - its DHL and no luck
+
Rick Methven
post 25.Aug.2010, 05:43 PM
Post #7

I normally have no problems with DP/DHL as they are clients of mine so I can get inside help
+
byke
post 25.Aug.2010, 05:43 PM
Post #8

Schenker changes the tracking number from parcel force numbers to schenker numbers ... so its just a question of waiting.
+
Rick Methven
post 25.Aug.2010, 05:56 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (byke @ 25.Aug.2010, 06:43 PM) *
Schenker changes the tracking number from parcel force numbers to schenker numbers ... so its just a question of waiting.

How long is the question?
It has already moved twice in Sweden. As we have a local Schenker depot here, I assume that the second place it was delivered to and sent out for delivery was local - there place is 10km from me. Ok so they have other deliveries but they had a whole working day. and this was Euro priority Business that cost me £35
+
byke
post 25.Aug.2010, 06:55 PM
Post #10

With schenker delivery times its usually "how long is a piece of string".
Like puffin I have also had terrible problems in the past with schenker and hold little hope that it will be easy.

Fingers crossed for you.
+
EtoileBrilliant
post 25.Aug.2010, 07:06 PM
Post #11

The definitive reply.

Happened to me this morning. Emailed Parcelforce they told me they local agent was a GLS Group. Also gave me local tracking number.

The telephone number got me through to Schenker 04-238 7040. Woman couldn't have been nicer (not your usual Swedish customer service). You should be able to use your PF tracking number. If not email them and they will give you your GLS number.

Good luck
+
Nemesis
post 25.Aug.2010, 07:06 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (byke @ 25.Aug.2010, 06:55 PM) *
With schenker delivery times its usually "how long is a piece of string".Like puffin I have also had terrible problems in the past with schenker and hold little hope ... (show full quote)

Byke, it depends which depot covers you. Deliveries, in Höör, Horby, Marieholm, Eslöv and Lund tend to be OK on average, althoguh I do think the delivery men do not like me, due to my inability to order parcels weighing less than 20 kilos and living on the third floor.

My friend in Malmo which has different depots, is driven insane by Schenker, UPS and most other delivery companies. One had a delivery from Alvesta to Malmö go for a holiday for four weeks. It was supposed to be delivered by the next morning.

I am lucky that there is a DHL collection unit 30 meters from my apartment and that parcels can be collected from my local COOP 300 meters away or the Post office Sorting office right beside my SFI class.
+
Gordy
post 25.Aug.2010, 07:09 PM
Post #13

I had a similar problem last month with a DPD (Interlink) delivery from the UK came up as out for delivery on a Monday morning so I was around the house all day but no delivery turned up, it then showed "failed delivery attempt" that evening so I rang the UK the next morning but they could shed no light and then finally my postman arrived with the parcel on Wednesday. So don't panic yet!
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 25.Aug.2010, 07:11 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 25.Aug.2010, 05:42 PM) *
Tried them - its DHL and no luck

Do you live more than a 15 minute drive outside a city? In that case they have probably handed over the package to Posten for delivery. I've had the same problem with both DHL and UPS; they considered a 15 minute drive outside of Gothenburg to be a "rural" address and hence did not deliver any packages...
+
Rick Methven
post 25.Aug.2010, 08:18 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Bender B Rodriquez @ 25.Aug.2010, 08:11 PM) *
Do you live more than a 15 minute drive outside a city? In that case they have probably handed over the package to Posten for delivery. I've had the same problem with both ... (show full quote)

It is only 10-12 min outside of Linköping and with Cloetta based here in Ljungsbro, they all know where it is.

The missus will be in in the morning while i take my car to Bilprovning, after that I shall try calling Schenker and hpoe for the best. will post progress as well as a report on the new Samsung netbook ( if it is one piece that is tongue.gif
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN