• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Fitness24seven gym membership

experiences and opinions wanted

PBR_Streetgang
post 8.Sep.2010, 01:56 PM
Post #1

i've just signed up for a 12 month training card (care of my lovely employer) and wondering if anyone has any experience or opinion of it, good or bad.
Go to the top of the page
+
andiel
post 8.Sep.2010, 02:21 PM
Post #2

Hey!
I go to the 24/7 gym and have since the start of the year. For the price I think they are fantastic - the one I go to is big, modern and clean and has plenty of machines and weights etc. You dont have all the classes to choose from or staff to help you out aroud the gym, but if you have worked out before and just want to go and use the equipment I think it is a really good choice of gym! Frustrating sometimes if your fingerprint doesnt work the first time to let you into the premises, but apart from that I have been more than happy (especially considering the price!!!)
+
PBR_Streetgang
post 8.Sep.2010, 04:29 PM
Post #3

Thx for the information. Is the Gym really available 24/7? Sounds unbelievable smile.gif
Are there running machines, exercise bikes and all that jazz?
+
Rick Methven
post 8.Sep.2010, 05:20 PM
Post #4

Just as a matter of interest, as I do not have a 24/7 near me, what does it cost?

I have a membership to a local Gym that has a full range of equipment plus swimming pool, Bubble pool and bastu for 225kr per month ( pensioner rate) otherwise 240kr.

Only thing it is only open from 06:30 to 21:00 not 24/7
+
Mzungu
post 8.Sep.2010, 05:26 PM
Post #5

Fy fan...If you wish to become fit, build up your muscles and stamina anyone is welcome to dig my fields and mow the lawns for nothing...

*afternoon tea and cucumber sandwiches are also free*
+
Rick Methven
post 8.Sep.2010, 05:31 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Mzungu @ 8.Sep.2010, 06:26 PM) *
Fy fan...If you wish to become fit, build up your muscles and stamina anyone is welcome to dig my fields and mow the lawns for nothing.... *afternoon tea and cucumber sandwiches are also free*

Only eat cucumber sandwiches when I take tea with her Majesty. NEVER in Småland
+
Mzungu
post 8.Sep.2010, 05:52 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 8.Sep.2010, 06:31 PM) *
Only eat cucumber sandwiches when I take tea with her Majesty. NEVER in Småland

Mmm...Sure she would not mind to have a little trip to Kalmar lan next time she visits...

*don't forget the silver tea service,no jävla teabags either*
+
chima_arsenal
post 8.Sep.2010, 06:50 PM
Post #8

''Only eat cucumber sandwiches when I take tea with her Majesty. NEVER in Småland '' . Love it
+
PBR_Streetgang
post 9.Sep.2010, 08:04 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 8.Sep.2010, 06:20 PM) *
Just as a matter of interest, as I do not have a 24/7 near me, what does it cost?I have a membership to a local Gym that has a full range of equipment plus swimming pool, Bubb ... (show full quote)

company paid 1995 SEK for it but the usual price is 2600 SEK or summit
+
andiel
post 9.Sep.2010, 10:40 AM
Post #10

Hello Again!

The one I go to has heaps of equipment - treadmills, cross trainers, rowing machines and bikes. There are heaps of free weights as well as new and modern weight machines. There are separate areas with fit balls and stretching mats etc. There is also a separate female gym! And yes ... it really is open 24/7 smile.gif you have to swipe your card to get through the first door, and then a fingerprint scan is used to get through the second door - because of this they are secure enough to be open all day round, although there are only staff there for a couple of hours in the afternoon to sign up new clients. I pay 199 a month and I think its a really good deal!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists
Click here for the full job description