• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Elin Krantz's murderer named and shown in pic

Errrr...."alleged" murderer

Carnitas
post 3.Oct.2010, 03:47 AM
Post #1

If you are unfamiliar with the story then here it is- http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article7886683.ab
If you would like to see his name, address and pics then check this- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Har-ar-Elin-...164852006858922

The Local had posted an article about this awhile back but it left out important details and hasn't followed up on probably the saddest story in Göteborg this year. I'm left with some questions-

1. Should the Swedish government be as held equally liable as the offenders for murders, rapes and other types of violent crime committed by refugees/asylum seekers since the government allows them to be here in the first place? This guy committed several violent crimes in the USA before coming to Sweden and he was still allowed in.
2. Has anyone ever read of a violent rape and murder of a Middle Eastern or African girl? Why always Swedes?

Hopefully The Local will keep us updated in a detailed manner on this story as well as the one involving the 19 year kidnapped on the same weekend.
Go to the top of the page
+
classifiedswed
post 3.Oct.2010, 08:02 AM
Post #2

First of I want to start with giving my condolence to Elins family and friends, my heart truly goes out to them. And I hope the killer will get what he deserves (knowing the Swedish law probably not).

Second, do we need to start generalizing the rest of the world because of one person’s poor judgments and actions?

And yes.. I myself am a victim of such brutality that you describe, but let me tell you that although I am Swedish, I am not the typical blond and blue eyed one. Does it really matter where you come from in the world? Isn't a crime sill a crime? no matter color of skin or cultural background? This was a serious crime towards an innocent young woman. It is truly a sad incident, but to generalize that it's unfair because she was a native sweed? I rather say that it was unfair because she was innocent..

Remember the "racist man" in the 90? A loony serial killer who was running around and shooting innocent people, simply because they were "invandrare= immigrants"? My cousin was one of his victims, so with all due respect... Wasn't this a sad incident aw well? I believeit was, so before you start pointing and blaming everyone for one persons actions, be aware, not ignorant! Hitler hated his "own kind" that he killed millions, is every German after that a murderer and a Nazi? I don't think so.
+
omphus
post 3.Oct.2010, 08:34 AM
Post #3

If proven guilty, it is cases like this that are going to feed the flames of social divide and swing more voters to the "far" right.
+
The Nine
post 3.Oct.2010, 12:51 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Carnitas @ 3.Oct.2010, 03:47 AM) *
If you are unfamiliar with the story then here it is- http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article7886683.ab If you would like to see his name, address and pics then check ... (show full quote)

I find some of your comments exceptionally offensive. What the **** has someone race got to do with anything? You are either a good person or you are not. This girls death is a horrible tragedy and I agree that if this guy had previous convictions for violent crime the immigration people may well have a case to answer. He is clearly a bad man. However, to pose the question about middle eastern or African girls not being raped or murdered is nasty and vindictive.
The fact is that it does happen. There was recently a few cases in the UK where women of Islamic and African decent were too scared to report their attackers. Its seen as bringing shame on themselves and their familys. Secondly, it is a sad fact that an African or Asian woman being raped and murdered is not considered as news worthy.

Its just more sensational and news worthy to report heavily on a pretty young Swedish girl being murdered than some African girl. Don't think that it does not go on. Its just that your media are not that bothered about it.
There are Swedish murders and rapist, just like there are of other nationalities and they are all equally as deplorable.
Its just that immigrants murdering Swedes is a better news story. Sad but true.
+
nic_tester
post 3.Oct.2010, 01:04 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (The Nine @ 3.Oct.2010, 01:51 PM) *
.... Its just that immigrants murdering Swedes is a better news story. Sad but true.

This is so far away from the reality i preceive that i just have to ask, do you even read swedish media? Feel free to answer by PM if you dont wanna feed this thread.

How do you explain Mats Alm in that case?? The media pounced upon him far before declared guilty and exposed him with picture and with name?
+
The Nine
post 3.Oct.2010, 01:46 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (nic_tester @ 3.Oct.2010, 01:04 PM) *
This is so far away from the reality i preceive that i just have to ask, do you even read swedish media? Feel free to answer by PM if you dont wanna feed this thread.How do yo ... (show full quote)

I did not say that the media don't report any Swede on Swede murder. Of courses they do. And It endorses my main point that there are as many bad people of all nationalities, not just immigrants. A couple of years back I recall a young Asian girl being raped by two Swedish guys at a public swimming pool in Hammaby. It hardly got a mention in the press.
I just don't think it is correct to question why Asian and African women don't seem to get raped and murdered. They do but people don't care as much as they do when its their own. That is why crimes against immigrant women don't recieve the same profile.
+
nic_tester
post 3.Oct.2010, 02:01 PM
Post #7

So, do you read swedish media on a daily basis? I follow them very closely (except for tv) and i do not recognize your description at all.
+
The Nine
post 3.Oct.2010, 02:12 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (nic_tester @ 3.Oct.2010, 02:01 PM) *
So, do you read swedish media on a daily basis? I follow them very closely (except for tv) and i do not recognize your description at all.

When you say 'my description' please just clarify your position. I don't want to reply incorrectly.
+
unkle strunkle
post 3.Oct.2010, 03:17 PM
Post #9

Six Percent of Swedish Girls Raped Every Year?
+
The Nine
post 3.Oct.2010, 04:03 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (unkle strunkle @ 3.Oct.2010, 03:17 PM) *

From a fanatical right wing website pretending to be balanced. Who is the fool here?
+
classifiedswed
post 4.Oct.2010, 12:15 AM
Post #11

The Nine!

I completely agree with you.. what the hell does race have to do with anything in violence, people from differents "race", cultures, background etc. all commit crime! The only people we should defend when speaking of this are the innocent victime, and even at that time no matter wht background, no innocent victime is deserving of anything tht poor Elin has gone through.

And as for him commiting crim before, if he now is guilty, he had irreclase behavior from his past, but he never killed anyone (based of what the record states), so if he changed his life, lived quietly (like the swedish newpapers say) with his wife and two children, how is the government to know that he might wake up one day an decide to kill someone? does this then also mean that anyone swedish who commits a crime shoud be deported? (this is not to you nine, just asking all the readers a question?
+
Carnitas
post 4.Oct.2010, 06:48 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (The Nine @ 3.Oct.2010, 04:03 PM) *
From a fanatical right wing website pretending to be balanced. Who is the fool here?

Doesn't matter. All media is slanted a bit in one way or another. The statistics are the statistics. There is no getting around them. And I also have to agree with nic_tester that your depiction of the Swedish media is not the same as the one I read everyday. Protection of Middle Eastern and African names and pictures is standard practice while the opposite is true for native Swedes. Even if you only read The Local you would see that. If Swedes were guilty of raping an Arab/African girl then there would probably be a full video of it up on Aftonbladet. Not to say it's never happened or couldn't happen. But in relation to the number of Swedish women raped by Arab/African men the # would be infinitesimal.
+
Carnitas
post 4.Oct.2010, 06:50 AM
Post #13

<<I completely agree with you.. what the hell does race have to do with anything in violence, people from differents "race", cultures, background etc. all commit crime! <<<

It becomes a factor when one group becomes highly overrepresented in rape/violent crime/theft. That indicates a problem with that particular group.
+
Rick Methven
post 4.Oct.2010, 06:53 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Carnitas @ 4.Oct.2010, 07:50 AM) *
<<I completely agree with you.. what the hell does race have to do with anything in violence, people from differents "race", cultures, background etc. all comm ... (show full quote)

Looks like Nachos/tacos etc... is back.

Putting out exactly the same SD bullshit
+
Streja
post 4.Oct.2010, 08:53 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (Carnitas @ 4.Oct.2010, 07:48 AM) *
Doesn't matter. All media is slanted a bit in one way or another. The statistics are the statistics. There is no getting around them. And I also have to agree with nic_t ... (show full quote)

Actually The Local is different as they sometimes use the British style of reporting, where they name suspected criminals before convicted. In Sweden the media policy is to not name the suspects until after convicted, if at all.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN