• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »    Reply to this topic

The "what did you have for dinner this evening" ?

Inspiration through everyday eating habits

jshelb2004
post 25.Oct.2010, 07:52 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Traveler2010 @ 25.Oct.2010, 08:36 PM) *
Guess what, I just ate one of those "double down" sandwiches at KFC. What is that you might ask? It's a sandwich made out of two pieces of fried chicken with bac ... (show full quote)

Does KFC exist in Sweden. i haven't found one yet on my travels.
Go to the top of the page
+
Lostaussie
post 25.Oct.2010, 08:15 PM
Post #17

Fortunately it does not exist.
+
benraph
post 25.Oct.2010, 08:27 PM
Post #18

I had Halloumi Salad and Ryvita. It was great!
+
Puffin
post 25.Oct.2010, 09:17 PM
Post #19

The fish man was in town near Mr Puffin's work so it was cod fillets which Mr Puffin breaded and pan fried with homemade mash, a *red salad* of red and orange peppers, tomatoes and grated carrots with som freshly made (by the fish man)Skagenröra on the side
+
jack sprat
post 25.Oct.2010, 10:32 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Puffin @ 25.Oct.2010, 09:17 PM) *
The fish man was in town near Mr Puffin's work so it was cod fillets which Mr Puffin breaded and pan fried with homemade mash, a *red salad* of red and orange peppers, tom ... (show full quote)

Ah, that explains everything.
Now I see why you're so keen on the Swedish way of life, no doubt you're sitting back with a glass of vino while the old man's slaving in the kitchen, after doing a day's hard graft and the shopping as well. wink.gif

Oh sorry, almost forgot, maybe alcohol is strictly forbidden on weekdays ?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 25.Oct.2010, 11:48 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (jack sprat @ 25.Oct.2010, 10:32 PM) *
Ah, that explains everything.Now I see why you're so keen on the Swedish way of life, no doubt you're sitting back with a glass of vino while the old man's slaving ... (show full quote)

Not your best reply Jack.

Puffin is an anchor here...you are not.

Be nice, it's not hard to do.
+
jack sprat
post 25.Oct.2010, 11:56 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 25.Oct.2010, 11:48 PM) *
Not your best reply Jack.Puffin is an anchor here...you are not.Be nice, it's not hard to do.

Typical Swedophile, No sense of humour. Not notice the wink.gif ????

You really need to get out a bit more and lighten up a bit
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 26.Oct.2010, 12:15 AM
Post #23

QUOTE (jack sprat @ 25.Oct.2010, 11:56 PM) *
Typical Swedophile, No sense of humour. Not notice the wink.gif ????. You really need to get out a bit more and lighten up a bit

Name calling?

Getting out more?

OK! Missed the smiley face. Sorry.

Does "Swedophile: (your word) really mean that to you?
+
jack sprat
post 26.Oct.2010, 12:19 AM
Post #24

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 26.Oct.2010, 12:15 AM) *
OK! Missed the smiley face. Sorry.Does "Swedophile: (your word) really mean that to you?

Most humble apologies,...now I know you can't be after all.
You actually used the word sorry. wink.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 26.Oct.2010, 12:41 AM
Post #25

QUOTE (jack sprat @ 26.Oct.2010, 12:19 AM) *
Most humble apologies,...now I know you can't be after all.. You actually used the word sorry. wink.gif

Sorry isn't bad.

I use it when I'm wrong.

I'm often wrong!

D biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
+
SarahRF
post 26.Oct.2010, 08:09 AM
Post #26

QUOTE (Traveler2010 @ 25.Oct.2010, 06:36 PM) *
Guess what, I just ate one of those "double down" sandwiches at KFC. What is that you might ask? It's a sandwich made out of two pieces of fried chicken with bac ... (show full quote)

Boyfriend and I saw those ads for the Double Down, then we went to Cornwall and found a KFC, but they didn't have them!!! So bummed!!! They didn't have the mash and gravy either!!! That's like a KFC staple! But yes, KFC does not exist in Sweden. They were supposedly banned from Sweden because "they don't offer any healthy alternatives, like a salad". I do remember seeing one on the very first night we ever spent in Sweden, driving to our new home from the Gothenburg airport. A couple years later though while in the same area, I saw it had closed down sad.gif.

As for dinner last night, I was cooking for one so it was very simple. Snabbmakaroner with a white sauce (flour, milk, butter) flavoured with salt, black pepper, garlic, mustard, topped with cheese. Hate cooking for just me, so it's always something "healthy" like that! biggrin.gif
+
Kanedaa
post 26.Oct.2010, 08:16 AM
Post #27

Greek food from Heron City food court before watching The Social Network, Great film.
+
Puffin
post 26.Oct.2010, 08:42 AM
Post #28

QUOTE (jack sprat @ 25.Oct.2010, 11:32 PM) *
Ah, that explains everything.Now I see why you're so keen on the Swedish way of life, no doubt you're sitting back with a glass of vino while the old man's slaving ... (show full quote)

There was a little wine involved cool.gif

We tend to cook on alternate days - I did the lamb and lentil Korma the day before and I will be doing the smoked chicken pasta today biggrin.gif
+
The.Local.Troll
post 26.Oct.2010, 09:02 AM
Post #29

I have got to be careful what I eat and need plenty of fiber. Whole grain Ryvita with soft cheese. Easy in and even easier out.

Washed down with some prune juice.
+
Lostaussie
post 26.Oct.2010, 09:12 AM
Post #30

For tonight, a nice T&J Entrecote steak with all the unhealthy trimmings smile.gif
+

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN