• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    Reply to this topic

The "what did you have for dinner this evening" ?

Inspiration through everyday eating habits

Localer
post 26.Oct.2010, 09:13 AM
Post #31

fried eggs and red bean biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
pacfactor
post 26.Oct.2010, 09:15 AM
Post #32

Just got a care package from Oz, Keens Curry Powder & Gravox!!
Made a mean Curry Mince with veg & had it with rice & tomato sauce!!!
Oh the memorys!!!!!! Thinking of making curry pies & putting some Mash on top??
+
cogito
post 26.Oct.2010, 01:36 PM
Post #33

In a break from our usual vegetarian diet and to support the C.I.A.'s vast right wing conspiracy to take over the whole world or something, we ate at McDo. Had an excellent chocolate shake, french fries, and a burger. Shake and fries were transcendent. Burger King's Big Whoopper is a better burger.
+
Opalnera
post 26.Oct.2010, 03:58 PM
Post #34

QUOTE (Traveler2010 @ 25.Oct.2010, 07:36 PM) *
Guess what, I just ate one of those "double down" sandwiches at KFC. What is that you might ask? It's a sandwich made out of two pieces of fried chicken with bac ... (show full quote)

mmmmmm *drool* KFC - tower burger for me, it's like a regular chicken fillet burger but it has a hash brown on it smile.gif Hangover meal of choice!

QUOTE (jshelb2004 @ 25.Oct.2010, 07:52 PM) *
Does KFC exist in Sweden. i haven't found one yet on my travels.

Nope, but they have it in Denmark. I don't get it, you can get chicken wraps at KFC. I really miss Oporto and Nandos though, damn good chicken.
+
Opalnera
post 26.Oct.2010, 04:03 PM
Post #35

Oh BTW I mean to say, we had chicken breast, cut into slices and browned, add mushrooms and some flavoured creme fraiche until heated, rice and broccoli and cauliflower bake which is basically a whole cauliflower and a head of broccoli, cut into florettes and steamed, then put into a baking dish, cover with cheese sauce (I cheat and buy a ready made one, but you can do it with milk, cornflower and cheese), lightly cover with cheese and breadcrumbs and bake for like, 30 minutes on 180.

Leftovers make great lunch boxes!
+
JulesA
post 26.Oct.2010, 04:03 PM
Post #36

Some unusual eating habits out there!! Wowsers. I made Coq au Reisling last night, which became a big hearty cassrole with leeks and a dollop of wholegrain mustard in the end topped with sliced par boiled new potatoes and left to crisp in the over, enough for about 12 so more of the same tonight. Winter comfort food is the best :-))
+
rabbemos
post 26.Oct.2010, 04:07 PM
Post #37

Made French Toast. Topped it with syrup for the kids. For the adults we had thick bacon with blueberry preserves and sour cream.
+
Craptastical
post 26.Oct.2010, 04:15 PM
Post #38

QUOTE (mjennin2 @ 25.Oct.2010, 06:38 PM) *
Last night I had baked chicken breast with broccoli & carrots and a roasted sweet white corn-on-the-cob. Glass of merlot and watched a movie on my Mac. It was a pretty s ... (show full quote)

Oh jebus.

So did your better half voluntarily choose to sleep in another room or did you smoke him out in the middle of the night?

What I had... I made some frozen cheese struedels and salad. Sorry, no broccoli involved.
+
Plowbridge
post 26.Oct.2010, 04:20 PM
Post #39

Tonight it's stekt strömming with bubble and a fresh lingonberry compote.
+
byke
post 26.Oct.2010, 04:26 PM
Post #40

Its late and I havent even gone to the shops to buy dinner food ... Kids had american pancakes since they are at home with the snivels ....

I just cannot face a BK / MCD etc right now .... but cant think of any restaurant I would want to eat at (appart from Cassi ... but its too far across town for me)
+
LondonJames
post 26.Oct.2010, 04:42 PM
Post #41

Few Guinnesses, with a Benson and Hedges amuse-bouche in between each course. Treble Laphraoig for dessert.

The newly-single male's dinner of choice.
+
mjennin2
post 26.Oct.2010, 04:47 PM
Post #42

QUOTE (Craptastical @ 26.Oct.2010, 03:15 PM) *
Oh jebus. So did your better half voluntarily choose to sleep in another room or did you smoke him out in the middle of the night?What I had... I made some frozen cheese strue ... (show full quote)

LOL!

Fortunately, I was blessed by the gastrointestinal gods -- I don't ever get the...ehmm, side effects?...of eating broccoli or anything like that. The only foods that get to me are raw cabbage (in salads) and, strangely, pears and apple skin (if I skin the apple, I am fine; if I don't, I'm TOAST!) It has to do with a certain sugar that I don't break down effectively. But I can eat any veg, legume or lentil to my heart's content without "smoking" anybody out! biggrin.gif

Last night I had chicken Gyoza potstickers with Island Soyaki sauce (It's a mixture of teryaki and soy sauce with pineapple juice & sesame seeds...you can make it yourself, it's a delicious sauce and fantastic marinade) and steamed brown rice. Washed it down with a very mature beverage - lemonade wink.gif
+
William Sachsen-Coburg-Go...
post 26.Oct.2010, 05:24 PM
Post #43

Chicken dopiaza and rice.
+
ITkiwi
post 26.Oct.2010, 05:28 PM
Post #44

Beef with mashed potatoes and salad (Löviff med potatismos och sallad)
+
Craptastical
post 26.Oct.2010, 05:29 PM
Post #45

QUOTE (ITkiwi @ 26.Oct.2010, 06:28 PM) *
Beef with mashed potatoes and salad (Löviff med potatismos och sallad)

Mmmmmm. Thanks for the idea. I think I'll make that tonight!
+

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com