• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

English people living in helsingborg

Social groups or activity

boobayama
post 9.Feb.2011, 06:58 PM
Post #1

Hi

Anyone know of any ex pat social groups in helsingborg...? or english people that wanna hang out
Go to the top of the page
+
Seattlegirl
post 9.Feb.2011, 08:27 PM
Post #2

Don't know of any right now...have been looking for one as well.
+
boobayama
post 9.Feb.2011, 08:35 PM
Post #3

i could have sworn there were some a long wile back when i first moved here but i didnt bother to make a note of them..
How long you been over here then..?
+
Yanksalot
post 9.Feb.2011, 09:31 PM
Post #4

am an american guy, been living here for a while and have a small network of expat friends.
where abouts are you from? how long you been here? what brought you over?
+
boobayama
post 9.Feb.2011, 09:38 PM
Post #5

Hi

Am english guy from london...been in sweden a few years in helsingborg...came over for a girl...yeye i know haha
Not really integrated that well if im honest but im still trying.. :-)
+
Yanksalot
post 9.Feb.2011, 09:52 PM
Post #6

know what you mean. some days i find myself wondering if i really want to integrate at all.
anyway, i get together with a few brits every now and then in town for some beers. its typically not planned that far in advance. if your ever lookin to get out and have a few, let me know.
+
boobayama
post 9.Feb.2011, 09:59 PM
Post #7

haha ...i have good days and bad to be fair, the swedes are a great bunch and i work with some fantastic people but after work im finding it socially empty.I think there is less of a pub/after work culture and being single now doesnt help as all the people i know are couples so you get that spare wheel situation...but im up for some beers when you guys are out next...be nice to meet some new faces
+
Yanksalot
post 9.Feb.2011, 10:06 PM
Post #8

agreed. its not at all the same pub/bar culture. one brit is livin in malmo now and another just had a kid. but some of us get together still. hit me up at this hotmail address. its a junk email address for me, but will check it and get your contact info. johnny21f
+
boobayama
post 9.Feb.2011, 10:09 PM
Post #9

just sent you a mail :-)
+
fogelfeifer
post 10.Feb.2011, 06:28 PM
Post #10

Aaaahhh... hope you will be very happy when you all finally get together!!
+
Seattlegirl
post 10.Feb.2011, 08:01 PM
Post #11

I've been here for about 6 months now... moved from Seattle with my Swedish husband... doing the SFI thing and trying to integrate...but I completely agree...it's challenging! Would be up for meeting up for a beer or coffee sometime!
+
Yanksalot
post 10.Feb.2011, 09:54 PM
Post #12

seattle...
sure thing,. send an email to that address and your included in the next round up.
was in seattle little over a year ago, great city.
+
Jacques88
post 22.Mar.2011, 10:02 AM
Post #13

Hello to all! Another English speaker here from Johannesburg, South-Africa. Came across this thread and agree to all posts... Been in Sweden just under a year now and also joined the SFI in south of helsingborg, part time school but work took it's toll and the 12 hour days forced me to leave. Looking to make friends and hope i've come to the right place! Look forward to a reply from you all
+
Jerseygirl2011
post 8.Apr.2011, 07:41 PM
Post #14

Hey everyone, glad I came accross this thread. I'm from NJ worked for a long time in NY, been in Sweden a few months now with my Swedish husband. Trying to do the integration thing but like some of you said, it's kinda difficult - definitely miss the grabbing a drink/going to a pub "thing" from back home. Would like to join you next time you get together if that's alright.
+
Yanksalot
post 8.Apr.2011, 08:20 PM
Post #15

@ jacques and jersey,
will offer the same thing. send me an email and will let you know next time we go for a few. perhaps next week?
we havent managed to get together yet, but just need a good reason!
my hotmail is johnny21f or you can send me a pm here.
+

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN