• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Yoga Studios in Gothenburg

Looking for some Swedish yoga!

Ian A
post 13.Feb.2011, 08:14 AM
Post #1

Good evening! This Saturday, my wife and I will be departing for Gothenburg for the week. We are extremely excited as we are avid fans of Swedish design and culture. She is a vegan and I am vegetarian and we are both looking forward to eating at some of the interesting vegetarian restaurants in town.

We currently live in Omaha, Nebraska and own a yoga studio. While we are visiting your fine country, we would love to take a few classes from the best Gothenburg has to offer. While simply searching google we have found eight studios, we wished to know what, in your opinion, the best may be?

I do understand the narrow scope of this question, but if anyone does have any experience, we'd love to bask in your wisdom!

Thank you for your time,
Ian A
Go to the top of the page
+
Darwinder
post 14.Feb.2011, 05:31 AM
Post #2

My wifes aunt owns a place in the center of town called "The Yoga Place" and I am told they are good. I went once when my wife was pregnant and taking pregnancy yoga and it was actually quite a bit of fun. Have a fun week!
+
Fishtank
post 14.Feb.2011, 10:03 AM
Post #3

The best one in Göteborg as per a friend of mine who travelled from Stockholm for one of her Training session.
She is very very well respected.
http://www.yogacentrum.com/lararkurs.htm
Leela Hansen
leela@yogacentrum.com
+
hippybogus
post 14.Feb.2011, 10:52 AM
Post #4

Hi Ian,

Are you interested in a specific type of yoga practice (Iyengar/Ashtanga/Kundalini/..?)

I've tried Iyengar and Ashtanga schools in the Gothenburg and could help you out...Note that a lot of the classes are in Swedish, if you are interested in following the instructions to a T in class

Have fun Gothenburg!
+
Victoria Akerstrom
post 28.Feb.2011, 01:45 PM
Post #5

Hi there!

I can really recommend Yoga Buddhi, which holds Anusara classes smile.gif Anja, who runs the studio is a great and experienced teacher!

www.yogabuddhi.se

I am a yoga teacher myself and hold a small class in English on Sundays for expats, but it is unfortunately a beginners class.

Hope you will enjoy Gothenburg!

Namaste
Victoria
+
cagsantos17
post 13.Mar.2012, 04:55 PM
Post #6

Victoria,

I am going to stay in Gothenburg from May 19-July 23 and was hoping to start Yoga so your offer of Beginners yoga in english and every Sunday sounds very interesting for me. Can you provide cost details as well. Thanks
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN