• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Why do some young girls like older guys?

Girls in their 20's liking men who are in 30's

slut
post 19.Feb.2011, 10:07 PM
Post #1

Why is it so? Because, some girls like older men. Just curious to know. Such girls always hang out with guys who are 10+ years older than them. Any clue?
Go to the top of the page
+
CathySky
post 19.Feb.2011, 10:13 PM
Post #2

financial stability, maturity and older guys want a serious relationship than younger guys, perhaps?
+
slut
post 19.Feb.2011, 10:16 PM
Post #3

Thanks. But what about sex? Do such girls expect more sex compared to younger guys? Or do they think sex is a matter for them or what is your speculation about sexual matter if taken into consideration?
+
ViktorX
post 19.Feb.2011, 10:16 PM
Post #4

As a teenage girl they like when boys can drive. You see older men like younger girls tongue.gif

Girl's like when boys got abs. In fact i dont know :S I would prefer younger girls, depends on what age i am ofc. But girls always prefer a older man if they aint too old ofc.
+
nic_tester
post 19.Feb.2011, 10:18 PM
Post #5

Its genetic disposition.
A female pays the entire price for reproduction and can only produce a limited amount of offspring. Thus she must choose the genetic material carefully. This is easier to do when you see how a persons life has panned out which makes old men interesting, provided they have been a success. Furthermore, old men often have wealth and power which will increase the chance that her offspring is protected and gets a chance to reproduce themselves. Jackpot for a women is to have a son that becomes an alpha male since he can spread her genes manyfold what she herself could do so an aged successful politician is probably a good reproductive choice.

Etcetera, not sure if such behaviours have been modelled mathematically but with common sense you can find alot of reasons, all you need is some rudimentary understanding of evolution and genetics.
+
mikewhite
post 19.Feb.2011, 10:19 PM
Post #6

My car's got abs - or ABS as I call it.
+
NataBee
post 19.Feb.2011, 10:20 PM
Post #7

My boyfriend is 7 years older than me, and I thank God for that!
Of course idiots are of all ages, but most older men tend to be more calm and they know what they want in life and in their women.
Guys at my age are still busy drinking, hitting the club every weekend, hanging out with "the boyz", smoking weed, chasing skirts tasting a bit of this and that (regardless of relationship status). Most older men are quite done with these obsessions.
So, yeah.
+
slut
post 19.Feb.2011, 10:24 PM
Post #8

That means the girls think that their partner will be in their control and just work and come home? And such girls do they want serious relationship or fun when they choose such men?
+
CathySky
post 19.Feb.2011, 10:28 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (slut @ 19.Feb.2011, 10:16 PM) *
Thanks. But what about sex? Do such girls expect more sex compared to younger guys? Or do they think sex is a matter for them or what is your speculation about sexual matter i ... (show full quote)

Well as with all relationships whether young or old, id expect people to have the same amount of sex regardless of age. An older guy might not expect as much sex compared to his younger counterpart and I dont think girls go for this just because of the sexual factor. i think it is more to do with what i previously stated above.
+
nic_tester
post 19.Feb.2011, 10:30 PM
Post #10

Furthermore, women have menopause, probably the only mamal that has menopause. So, a male is only needed to help with the upbringing and protection of the young for maybe 10-15 years after a womans menopause. After that the children are grown enough to fend for themselves. Therefore, choosing a man thats 10, 15 or even 20 years older than yourself does not hurt your offsprings possibility to become grown and reproductive all that much, if at all.

EDIT:
With 10, 15, 20 years older i was really gunning for some1 that dies 10, 15, 20 years before you.
+
laviniutza
post 19.Feb.2011, 10:38 PM
Post #11

Im 23 his is 35. Why ? We love eachother. I know is hard to explain, cos a gay relation is much easer to explain and understand then this one. The reasons beyond my relation are: maturity, the way he deals with life proublems, the way he finds solutions, the way he criticise me when it has to, the way he looks at me, the way he respects me, the way eh treats me, the way he spoils me, the way he trusts me, the way he helps me. He is there for me any time, and he is a true support, i know i can count on him. Of course u can find this in younger men too , but i havent. The way he ecourages me and belives in me while not even my own parents dont. The fact he is a very calm person and i can open my soal totally, at times i talk to him by myself, he just listens, and i feel like i write in my diary, it's very personal. Because im happy when im with him, i smile all the time, im enthusiastic, i simply shine. Before ( with my other bf, younger) i had depressions, sorrowness. Pll noticed this, pll that knew me from early age, and they said that he probably drugs me thats why im so happy (which means they never seen me like this, pll i spend my life with) . Of course thats not the case smile.gif With my younger bf (just 2 years older) to be happy i had to constantly go out , to dress to impress, to go in clubs, to drink to be seen, while now even when he askes me to go out sometimes i rather stay inside with him, cos i dont need any context to be happy. I just need him. And with my other bf i needed context, lights on me, not him.

P.S. psychollogy speaking women with tendency to feel more secure and happier with older guys are those who missed a father figure in thier life.
+
NataBee
post 19.Feb.2011, 10:39 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (slut @ 19.Feb.2011, 09:16 PM) *
But what about sex? Do such girls expect more sex compared to younger guys? Or do they think sex is a matter for them or what is your speculation about sexual matter if taken into consideration?

I don't know about all "such" girls. I particularly expect a spontaneous sex life. In the long run, they'll realize sex with older (not like "my uncle" or "my dad" older, just quite older) guys literally means "quality above quantity".

QUOTE (slut @ 19.Feb.2011, 09:24 PM) *
That means the girls think that their partner will be in their control and just work and come home? And such girls do they want serious relationship or fun when they choose such men?

Again, I don't know about every case, I can only talk from my case. I don't want to put a loop around anyone's neck and play the role of a demanding annoying younger Gee Eff. What I mean is that if any younger girl wants a serious relationship with a serious man not a boy who thinks he can, she would go for older guys. Well, if the "older men" we're talking about have Peter Pan syndrome wanting to play truant from an adult life for ever then I guess such girls should not expect someone who comes home to them every night like in your scenario.
+
swozzie
post 19.Feb.2011, 10:43 PM
Post #13

You have hit the nail on the head Natabee smile.gif
+
slut
post 19.Feb.2011, 10:45 PM
Post #14

Very interesting experiences.
+
swozzie
post 19.Feb.2011, 10:46 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (nic_tester @ 19.Feb.2011, 10:18 PM) *
Etcetera, not sure if such behaviours have been modelled mathematically but with common sense you can find alot of reasons, all you need is some rudimentary understanding of evolution and genetics.

How the mathematical modelling working for ya in your romantic relationships Nic ? I can only imagine !!!!! laugh.gif
+

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com