• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Voddler on TV

Any success

Furu
post 24.Mar.2011, 05:50 PM
Post #1

Voddler has iPhone application compatible with iOS 4 or above.

Will it be possible to sync this through the new Apple TV and watch the movies on TV?

Has anyone tried Voddler on iPhone or iPad?

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page
+
Mib
post 24.Mar.2011, 11:25 PM
Post #2

Hi Furu,

Voddler is working great over wireless, although I could not watch a whole movie on the iPhone. There isn't an app yet for the iPad, but I'm sure it will happen. The recent iOS update to 4.3 supports brought some new featurse, which I think allows you to stream via Apple TV to your TV.

I normally connect my laptop via a HDMI cable to my TV to watch films on Voddler and I'm amazed at the quality of the picture and speed over wireless! I don't do this often as it's a hassle, but I can imagine Voddler will really take off if they have the service in built into TVs, streaming boxes just like Spotify is doing.
+
Furu
post 25.Mar.2011, 12:20 AM
Post #3

Thanks for the response.

Voddler website http://itunes.apple.com/se/app/voddler/id409806444# states the application

"requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later."

If I understand this correct, new Apple TV box supports Air Play with above listed devices, so it may be possible to watch Voddler on TV.

http://www.apple.com/appletv/#remote
+
Mib
post 25.Mar.2011, 07:49 PM
Post #4

For iPad you install the iPhone app, which works quite well, but would be better with an app optimised for the iPad. Can't runn it via Safari on iPad
+
Monark540
post 25.Feb.2013, 10:31 PM
Post #5

I've been listening to Rodriguez' albums on Spotify for the past few weeks and was glad to hear that Searching for Sugar Man picked up an Oscar last night.

When I got an e-mail from Voddler this afternoon saying that the film was available for rent/download, I thought that it was time to try out this service. I used a Mac mini with wireless internet connected via HDMI cable to a TV.

It worked great! Super picture quality and no buffering delays. 34 kr and available to view for 48 hours. I'm a fan and the movie is fantastic!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se