• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

English speaking jobs available...help

Looking for English speakers within IT

dloesch
post 29.Apr.2011, 03:25 PM
Post #1

I have a fantastic job opportunity within a company that is willing to hire many people within the one area of expertise. However I seem to be having trouble finding English speakers for employment within the Stockholm area.
Can anyone give me some tips on how to find these people (websites or email contacts for example). I want to cut out the middle man and find these people myself without dealing with agencies etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

Basically I am looking to employ Java / J2EE developers/programmers with a minimum of 3 years experience.

We require applicants to be able to speak fluent English.

This job opportunity does not require full knowledge of the Swedish language but it would be great to have people who are willing to improve their Swedish language skills.

If you know of someone who would be interested in this position please email me at devon.loesch@developme.se
Go to the top of the page
+
Vstrommer71
post 29.Apr.2011, 10:38 PM
Post #2

In case you are also seeking for a skilled IT supporter/techinician sometime,bear me in mind!
+
pathor
post 29.Apr.2011, 11:04 PM
Post #3

You would need to have the ads on the different job sites.

It would also help if you could post on the different internal student forums of the universities.

But you are asking for a quite a lot of experience so I am not sure if you will find all the people you want.

Good luck !
+
Nemesis
post 30.Apr.2011, 09:33 AM
Post #4

DEVELOP ME

http://www.developme.se/#/about-us/4533563417

Background

Develop Me has been in business soon two years, but we have experience from Recruitment and Headhunting for more then 6 years. It consists of 1 Senior Consultant and Partners within Interim management, Technical Consultants for hire and Mentoring Top Management, all with the experience of Senior Executive Management positions and functions from different areas within the business world. Our prime objective is to find candidates whom have the capability to leverage your business to success. Check Partners!

We are active in Sales, Marketing, IT/Telecom, Human Resources, Media and Communication for all levels of competence but mainly for more senior and executive positions. Our main focus has been and still is IT/Telecom and Media.

Business opportunity

Currently, we have several active search assignments for our customers, which generate a constant flow of competent and interesting candidates. This makes the search for candidates swift and efficient. Develop Me uses an appropriate system to administrate our extensive network of candidates.

Our approach

We always start with what we call a Requirement Profile where your company’s hiring manager works through a document to establish the exact personal characteristics the candidate should have to fit in your specific company. We always go through that document with your hiring manager to certify that we fully understand what you are looking for, commenting of course if the requirement specification is realistic or not. During the whole recruitment process this document is the basis for us continuing with a candidate or not.

All assignments start with a thorough analysis of your company and the open position. Not only do we look at your visions, objectives and markets, we also take your company culture in consideration when looking for the best suited candidate.
We do also actively search for candidates through advertisements whenever there is a need for specific competence.

To make sure we find the right selection of candidates (2-4 persons), from which you will pick the one you like best, we recommend you to use our Personality tests OPQ (www.shl.com/shl/se) for the benefit of a “second opinion”. Moreover, we check references to assure that they are of the right personal and social composition for your company.
+
dloesch
post 2.May.2011, 01:27 PM
Post #5

Thanks for your tips. I will certain try some of your ideas but it would be great to have more people aware of this opportunity. Once again if you know of Java developers who need work please contact me at devon.loesch@developm.se
+
dloesch
post 7.Jun.2011, 03:46 PM
Post #6

English speaking jobs are still available as of 07/06/11.

Do you need a job in the Stockholm area?

We are looking to employ Java / J2EE developers/programmers with a minimum of 3 years working/employed Java experience.

We require applicants to be able to speak fluent English and live in the Stockholm area.

This job opportunity does not require full knowledge of the Swedish language but it would be great to have people who are willing to improve their Swedish language skills.

Previous applicants need not apply.

If you are curious or know of someone who would be interested call Tünde Schütt on her mobile number 0735265101 or email her your resume to tunde.schutt@developme.se
www.developme.se
+
dloesch
post 16.Jun.2011, 04:11 PM
Post #7

After a huge response to this opportunity we still require more Java developers so please feel free to email your CV to us at devon.loesch@developme.se or tunde.schutt@developme.se (previous applicants need not apply again).
+
merican
post 16.Jun.2011, 07:24 PM
Post #8

Hello,

I'm also looking for a few freelance IT workers for my company this Summer. We primarily do maintenance and assembly of computers and networking equipment around Stockholm.

Please message me if you are interested. There aren't any hard requirements, but most important is to be good at building things, having tools and possibly a cargo vehicle are a definite plus, and speaking good English and Swedish are great too.

Send me a private message on this site for more information.

Cheers
+
BillyB
post 16.Jun.2011, 09:05 PM
Post #9

so what you are actually looking for is cannon fodder to make up the numbers...
+
rtharper
post 17.Jun.2011, 02:10 PM
Post #10

I am currently doing a PhD in computer science, I will be available for jobs in the Summer of 2012 and I am keen to move to Sweden. Feel free to keep me in mind, I will be adding your company to the list I will apply to in the coming months =)
+
merican
post 16.Dec.2012, 01:58 PM
Post #11

The company I am working for is looking for people over the next month for IT work in Stockholm, experience in datacenters is a plus, but a solid work-ethic is most important.

Send any resumes and inquiries to stockholmdatacenter@gmail.com, they will be interviewing this week for immediate starts.
+
merican
post 18.Jan.2013, 05:28 PM
Post #12

Just another update,

The company that I am working for is still looking for people, mainly on a part-time basis in Stockholm.

They are looking for people with a familiarity with computers or servers and networking. If you have skills pulling network cable, that is certainly a plus. Attention to detail is very important.

Send resumes to stockholmdatacenter@gmail.com Please explain any experience you might have in a data center.

Good Luck!
+
Hede
post 18.Jan.2013, 10:11 PM
Post #13

its a shame I do Web Design , Java Script , CSS and Dreamweaver . everyone wants a experienced developer but I have just finished studying sad.gif any idea where I should start ? sad.gif
+
merican
post 17.Jan.2014, 02:17 PM
Post #14

Hi again,

To update this thread with more potential job announcements I thought I would put out there that the company I work for is looking for a few people for both full-time and part-time positions as an IT technician in Stockholm.

The work is mainly in datahalls around Stockholm doing work with web servers with occasional travel possibilities within Europe for varied assignments. No experience is necessary, but it is always good to have. Most of what you need to know can be learned in a few weeks.

This is a particularly good job for someone who is technically inclined, and generally comfortable with computers, but might not have specific computer skills or know programming languages. No Swedish is necessary, though it helps. Legal residency in Sweden is required.

PM me or send an email with a CV and a little info about yourself to stockholmdatacenter@gmail.com

+
intrepidfox
post 17.Jan.2014, 02:33 PM
Post #15

What is the name of your company?
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com