• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Travel to China

Visa Questions

Stickeroo
post 3.Aug.2011, 04:33 PM
Post #16

Ok, so I just got back from commieland. Thought I'd post about the customs and visa in case anyone else was wondering. China is the WORST example of a "Communist" nation I've ever seen. Getting in and out of the country was a breeze, so long as your visa and passport are in order they barely even look at you. Overall it was a pleasant and straight forward experience.

As for China itself, I would HIGHLY recommend Guilin. Anyone that goes to China and doesn't visit Guilin needs a smack upside the head. One of the most beautiful places I've ever seen in my life.

Also, don't go in the Summer...BIG mistake I made right there. Way too hot and humid. September is probably the best time.

Cheerz
Go to the top of the page
+
djmarko
post 3.Aug.2011, 04:56 PM
Post #17

Dont forget to take a list of places you want to visit and have it translated into Chinese, get a print out and take it along with you, most taxi drivers in China dont understand english at all
+
Stampe
post 3.Aug.2011, 05:05 PM
Post #18

I take your anyone who visits china and doesnt visit guilin statement and top it with a anyone who visits guilin and doesnt visit yangshuo needs a smack upside the head..
+
graphixperson
post 3.Aug.2011, 08:11 PM
Post #19

@byke - Haha, I'm still laughing. Wonderfully composed. People-watching is fun and/or disturbing.
+
Stickeroo
post 4.Aug.2011, 01:02 AM
Post #20

Ya, totally, Yangshou was absolutely one of the most beautiful places I have seen on this earth. And CHEAP!! God was everything Cheap...!!!!
+
linavi390
post 16.Sep.2011, 09:58 AM
Post #21

First to get the visa
+
endrizzitolomeo
post 25.Jan.2012, 06:46 PM
Post #22

Hi, I've been to China for 4 times. I don't think Chinese customs is a pain in the head. I think they are just doing their duty. Its quite hard to communicate w/ the locals though because they don't generally speak in English like us.
+
PleasureDoty
post 19.Feb.2013, 08:10 AM
Post #23

China is best place for travel. There have many places to go and see.
Some places are Beijing, Xian, Shanghai, Guilin and Yangtze River.
I had to go china in last year with my family. We were enjoyed.
+
John.Smith
post 19.Feb.2013, 08:31 AM
Post #24

Did not enjoy the atmosphere in Beijing at all. Shanghai rocks however. Will be back there in March. Generally never a problem to get the visa so long as you book your trip far enough in advance.
+
frisor111
post 6.Apr.2013, 04:50 PM
Post #25

China is best place for travel. Just love China.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se