• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »    Reply to this topic

Knackers in Stockholm

Warning to Lock up and steer clear

CTIDinÅrsta
post 22.Jul.2011, 04:15 PM
Post #16

They've been around for years. The police move them on as best they can but there isn't much they can do in reality. Best thing to do is speak English to them so they know you know they're a bunch of crooks. They'll move on and find an easier mark.

And they are Irish wink.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Rick Methven
post 22.Jul.2011, 04:52 PM
Post #17

Most self respecting Irishman may take insult from that, just as most Romanians would be upset lumping them in with the Tsigani beggers
+
Nemesis
post 22.Jul.2011, 07:57 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (CTIDinÅrsta @ 22.Jul.2011, 05:15 PM) *

A suggestion.

Take a holiday in Ireland and say that.

The rest of us can read the results of your insanity in the newspapers.

They were mostly born in England as their birth certificates state.

THEY ARE MOSTLY ENGLISH BORN.
+
Plowbridge
post 22.Jul.2011, 08:08 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 22.Jul.2011, 05:52 PM) *
Most self respecting Irishman may take insult from that, just as most Romanians would be upset lumping them in with the Tsigani beggers

Why? I'll tell you for fact they are mainly Irish. They are regular visitors to this area.
QUOTE (Nemesis @ 22.Jul.2011, 08:57 PM) *
A suggestion.Take a holiday in Ireland and say that.The rest of us can read the results of your insanity in the newspapers.They were mostly born in England as their birth cert ... (show full quote)

Grow up and stop talking shit as usual. Read above, they are mainly Irish. But as you live 400 miles way you would know different?
+
Snoopy!
post 22.Jul.2011, 08:19 PM
Post #20

to put this conjecture to rest as to where these knackers,tinkers, gypsies ...oops cant call them that , political correctness "traveller s" do that look like this tongue.gif Attached Image
+
CTIDinÅrsta
post 22.Jul.2011, 08:57 PM
Post #21

When they knocked on my girlfriends door in April asking if we needed any work doing they were Irish. They have been moved on and moved around Stockholm ever since then by the police. They haven't changed their nationality, just their location. They are still Irish

Nemisis's ludicrous claims that they're Berkshire Tinkers is just bullshit (as usual). They are Irish.

Being a poster of Irish extraction on the local does not give you the right to ethnically cleanse Ireland of people you don't like or want.

They are Irish - live with it.
+
Beavis
post 22.Jul.2011, 09:02 PM
Post #22

Sigh.. they are not Irish, they say that they are Irish, as Irish are pacieved as being "friendly". They are English. I am not 300 miles away from them in Stockholm, I have spoken with them (just yesterday), they are from the UK, drive UK registered caravans and cars. I am Irish and I know the difference between an Irish knakcer and a UK knacker! smile.gif
+
Nemesis
post 22.Jul.2011, 09:25 PM
Post #23

They were just north of Linköping during the week, when I encountered them. The first one was definately a Brummy. The second was Reading. I range all over southern Sweden contrary to what the previous poster states who does not know me personally. Work is work.

Some fo the them do occassionally come down as far as Hässleholm. I think they must have somewhere to stay between Hässleholm and Bjärnum as they are there to often.

I have been around the block a few times on this one.

English don't like the truth about the issue, but most of them are English born and quite often raised in West or North Dublin before going back to England, as late teens.

I travel up and down quite often depending on work and I know exactly who they are. I can even give you some of there real names. None of them are Irish and they are there, purely for money.
+
Nemesis
post 22.Jul.2011, 09:28 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (CTIDinÅrsta @ 22.Jul.2011, 09:57 PM) *
Nemisis's ludicrous claims that they're Berkshire Tinkers is just bullshit (as usual). They are Irish.

WRONG.

They are not Irish.

Being from Berkshire does not preclude being a gypsy.

It is best described as where they go to have children. That is the area covered by Reading, London and Watford gap.

If you know anyone in social services in Berkshire, ask them for an honest answer, after the initial denial.
+
Swedesmith
post 22.Jul.2011, 10:26 PM
Post #25

Is an Irish knacker better than an English knacker?
+
Streja
post 22.Jul.2011, 10:37 PM
Post #26

I was just about to post that Swedesmith.

Maybe I can use that info for when all those English people I meet in the UK say that there are too many Eastern Europeans in the UK claiming benefits, that there are so many English knackers in Sweden causing mayhem and not to mention all those who get free SFI and child subsidies after having babies with blondes...I mean it's all even isn't it?

And maybe I should mention that getting British tv programmes in Sweden doesn't mean that we have the same channels as Britain, but that we in fact can BUY programmes and broadcast on Swedish television channels.

ok rant over
+
Beavis
post 23.Jul.2011, 01:59 AM
Post #27

True, weather they are Irish or UK knackers makes not much diference. They will claim to be Irish regardless. I actually dont think they are here getting benifits etc. The particular ones I encountered could as Nemesis said be simply called a travelling gang, but instead of bikes theyve got caravans! If you want to be naive enough to trust a single one of them go ahead, have yourself fleeced! This is not an ethnic minority, having trouble integrating for whatever reasons. This is a criminal gang and their famailes out to steal, rob and swindle and wreck the place
This is the exact people:
http://www.thejournal.ie/seven-arrests-aft...127044-Apr2011/

There are trouble makers from every part of the planet, always the minority who spoil things for everyone else.
However this is a gang
+
Rick Methven
post 23.Jul.2011, 08:45 AM
Post #28

The area of Berkshire that they live when not travelling is actually Mole Road, Sindlesham where there is a row of old council houses where they live. I lived 500 metres down the road and we had to keep everything locked up tight. None of them spoke with a Berkshire accent, but a lot had a Cork brogue. Their presence kept the local police station open when other country stations had closed.
+
Nemesis
post 23.Jul.2011, 10:05 AM
Post #29

QUOTE (Beavis @ 23.Jul.2011, 02:59 AM) *
True, weather they are Irish or UK knackers makes not much diference. They will claim to be Irish regardless. I actually dont think they are here getting benifits etc. The par ... (show full quote)

That is the same bunch.

They are a criminal gang.
+
dancinfathead
post 23.Jul.2011, 03:02 PM
Post #30

there all scum, weather there from england or ireland, weve had our fair share of them where im from in england (gloucestershire) they even made a documentary about one of the families that was braodcast on bbc about 5 years ago.
they also like to rob big country manors and steal antiques.
+

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN