• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    Reply to this topic

Knackers in Stockholm

Warning to Lock up and steer clear

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 23.Jul.2011, 10:56 PM
Post #31

These folks have been around forever(?) I can remember my late wife telling me about them in Ireland, when she was a child. They were just as bad then.

OK. A very simplistic question...If football "Hooligans" can be banned from entering countries to attend football matches...why can't the same laws be applied to these people?

Or, do they need to loot/trash Man U's lockers first? laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Gordy
post 24.Jul.2011, 09:06 AM
Post #32

Don't know if these are the same crew who came through here in May last year on the way from Germany but it sounds like it.

If so they are a bunch of Rathkealers who spend much of there time around Basildon.

Mind boggling amount of money in cars alone, last year when I saw them they were diving a collection of BMW X6's, X5's, Range Rovers, Range Rover Sports and Land Rover Discovery's even a Porsche Cayanne almost all on UK or Northern Irish plates although the odd one was on Republic of Irish plates worst thing they had at the time was a 2007 Mercedes Sprinter van.

The head honcho is a guy called Kerry O'Brien who is a multi-millionaire and speaks pretty good Swedish.
+
DaveN
post 26.Jul.2011, 03:52 PM
Post #33

Ha, was filling up my UK car at a petrol station between Gothenburg and Boras today. In pulled a white transit van with a couple of guys in it. I quickly locked the doors. How much do you want for the car, they say. What are you doing here, I say. Were builders, they reply, with an irish accent. Where do you live, they ask. Yeah, right, like I'm going to tell you that. Before morning the car, trailer, chainsaws, wood splitter, dogs, and anything else not bolted down will be long gone.
+
Streja
post 26.Jul.2011, 04:15 PM
Post #34

Have you alerted the media or the police? Swedish people might not know what they are or do.
+
Paddy Joe
post 24.Sep.2011, 04:50 PM
Post #35

QUOTE (Nemesis @ 22.Jul.2011, 11:24 AM) *
Hi Beavis,Last year there was a few gypsies over from Limerick staying in the kommune I live in. There was no problems. I spoke to a few of them when they recognised my accent ... (show full quote)

You know bloody nothing aboout us your talking alod rubbish...Derry travellers never we heard of them...No one knows anything about us but oursleves...ok
+
Nemesis
post 24.Sep.2011, 08:31 PM
Post #36

Forced to work as 'tarmac cowboys': The British men trafficked abroad by Irish slave gangs who make millions from scam projects

Many captives are taken to Sweden and Norway

Read at:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20...lave-gangs.html
+
Paddy Joe
post 24.Sep.2011, 09:24 PM
Post #37

And silly swedes and not the Gurads and or Brit Police who know us best did that report one man that a grudge against us...and everyone knows swedes have no accotuability severals us badly beaten and in hostipal by swede no police in ireland or uk would do that to us we say...wake up you settled Brits.. swedish police no good,,very very racist...but we defy them and stay...more come next summer with bad times in the uk and ireland...
+
Svensksmith
post 24.Sep.2011, 09:41 PM
Post #38

[ swedish police no good,,very very racist...but we defy them and stay...more come next summer with bad times in the uk and ireland...
[/quote]

Oboy! Isn't that just positively delightful.
+
Robert69
post 27.Sep.2011, 07:15 AM
Post #39

Is there a connection betweenn the Irish travellers and the Romanians who beg on the trains/streets?
+
Mzungu
post 27.Sep.2011, 10:25 AM
Post #40

Would appear to indicate a little light to your enquiry...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20...lery-SKIRT.html

*personal believe they are all painted with the same tar brush*
+
Gordy
post 27.Sep.2011, 10:54 AM
Post #41

QUOTE (Robert69 @ 27.Sep.2011, 08:15 AM) *
Is there a connection betweenn the Irish travellers and the Romanians who beg on the trains/streets?

In terms of ethnicity they are two unrelated groups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Traveller

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people
+
Jorrs
post 28.Sep.2011, 08:13 PM
Post #42

lol i had a group of them come to our house when i first arrived maybe in May, these Irish fellos up at the front door telling me they wanted to do the driveway etc etc for pretty much nothing they said, the dog came running out of the house going crazy at them, i had heard of the Irish bastards so i told them no, they were very surprised by an Aussie being there, they were very insistent though, dodgy guys drove off in the oldest crappiest van i have ever seen. We also had an attempted break in mmmmmmmmm good thing for alarms
+
Beavis
post 28.Sep.2011, 11:08 PM
Post #43

Not Irish.. just knackers
+
Nemesis
post 30.Sep.2011, 06:24 PM
Post #44

Headcases would be a more accurate description.

A few of them are still around in Skåne, Småland and Blekinge.
+
Jorrs
post 1.Oct.2011, 11:39 AM
Post #45

some more just came then, swear he was irish.
+

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists
Click here for the full job description