• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Quick question- where do I find a wheeled suitcase

In Uppsala?

Solith
post 17.Aug.2011, 06:20 PM
Post #1

I just need a small wheeled thing, good for perhaps 4 outfits, 2 pairs of shoes, a coat and a washbag. And a hairdryer.

Where in Uppsala can I find this? Would a larger supermarket like Coop at Bolanderna have one? Anyone seen one anywhere?

Cheers.
Go to the top of the page
+
Johno
post 17.Aug.2011, 06:37 PM
Post #2

Probably any large shop will have something. But to get an idea before you buy.

http://www.clasohlson.se/Siteseeker/Search...178010404731654

Find their Uppsala shop at http://www.clasohlson.se/About/StoreDetail.aspx?id=10005708

Their small cheap cabin baggage size is just 199 kr.
+
Stickeroo
post 18.Aug.2011, 12:42 AM
Post #3

There are lots at Arlanda...most already have owners though smile.gif
+
Mackan2017
post 18.Aug.2011, 07:49 AM
Post #4

Get a job as a baggage-handler at Bromma Airport and simply help yourself to any one of the large amount of wheeled suitcases that pass through their each day. Two people I know have recently had baggage go missing when flying in and out of Bromma, one of them also had his coat stolen even though it was right next to him on the sofa in the coffee shop!!!
Easy peasy, and it doesn't cost you a thing.
+
Tammybonny
post 18.Aug.2011, 08:36 AM
Post #5

[quote name='Solith' date='17.Aug.2011, 07:20 PM' post='669065']
I just need a small wheeled thing, good for perhaps 4 outfits, 2 pairs of shoes, a coat and a washbag. And a hairdryer.

Where in Uppsala can I find this? Would a larger supermarket like Coop at Bolanderna have one? Anyone seen one anywhere?

Cheers.

jesus..google ,google google... ohmy.gif
+
Solith
post 18.Aug.2011, 08:13 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Tammybonny @ 18.Aug.2011, 09:36 AM) *
jesus..google ,google google... ohmy.gif

Yes, google is fantastic, but often I google something and when I arrive at the store it's not stocked there and no-one can tell me if they've ever stocked it. I then complain to my Swedish friends and they laugh and tell me you can't trust the internet.

I found one in a shop which doesn't have a web presence smile.gif
+
Johno
post 19.Aug.2011, 08:41 AM
Post #7

You ask for help and then go off and find one yourself. Good luck to you, but it was a bit dumb asking on here then. angry.gif

Just for information, the catalogue shops like Clas Ohlson, Jula, Biltema, Kjell & Company, Teknikmagasinet have in their shops and sell on line just what is in their catalogues. You might not want car spares, power tools or computer spares, but if you look at those catalogues on line, or have them on your shelf at home, you have a reasonably reliable start to any search for goods of different kinds, the first three having household goods.
+
Johno
post 19.Aug.2011, 09:01 AM
Post #8

Troll
+
Abe L
post 19.Aug.2011, 09:39 AM
Post #9

Åhlens in Stockholm has a small stock of all kinds of bags, it's worth the trip and getting yourself something decent.
+
Riv
post 19.Aug.2011, 09:46 AM
Post #10

There's a good little luggage store on dragabrunnsgatan in central Uppsala, just a few metres down from Burger King. Pretty sure you'll be able to get the sort of bag you're after in there.
+
Streja
post 19.Aug.2011, 09:54 AM
Post #11

The best suitcase I ever bought was in 1999 in a small shop. It was HUGE! Then on my frist trip with Ryanair, coming back from the UK, the handle was broken. It was only the one on the side though so I still ued it...hmmm but still...then a few years later Ryanair broke it again when they ripped the side of it.
+
Solith
post 19.Aug.2011, 09:02 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Riv @ 19.Aug.2011, 10:46 AM) *
There's a good little luggage store on dragabrunnsgatan in central Uppsala, just a few metres down from Burger King. Pretty sure you'll be able to get the sort of bag ... (show full quote)

I went to Guns in Pers G. A very pleasant lady helped me buy one the right size and even spoke slow Swedish so I could practice. Excellent service and I didn't spend a fortune.

And who's a troll? Streja?
+
Furu
post 19.Aug.2011, 09:32 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Solith @ 17.Aug.2011, 07:20 PM) *
Would a larger supermarket like Coop at Bolanderna have one? Anyone seen one anywhere?

Yes, if it is a Coop Forum.
+
Johno
post 20.Aug.2011, 08:58 AM
Post #14

And who's a troll? Streja?

No, a guy posted the same message on 5 different threads with a string of links to outlets. One was for handbags, but not for bags/cases which you wanted.

He was the troll, but The Local picked up on him and deleted his posts. My troll comment got left. How could my reference be to Streja when she posted after me ?

PS You didnt look at my link to Clas Ohlson then ! Why did I bother ? No Xmas card for you this year. But I still recommend you visit their store and get a copy of their catalogue for reference.
+
Streja
post 20.Aug.2011, 11:07 AM
Post #15

I'm sorry if my post was a bit off topic but my point was that the best one I ever bought was a cheap one from a small shop in a small town.

Not much use I know sorry! smile.gif
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists
Click here for the full job description