• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Apartment number missing in the address

Only have street name and number

MissQ
post 22.Sep.2011, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Hi,

I just mentioned in another post that I didnt get mails from Skattverket about my person number. Even after the number is actually ready and I picked it up from the office

I did some search and found myself on this website http://www.ratsit.se
Here my address was written as XXXXXgatan, number

While I check my sambos address (who of course shares the apartment with me), it is said XXXXgatan, number, lgh YYYY

So it seems that my sambo gets an apartment number in his registered address while I dont

I remember there was a question about apartment number in the form for applying person numbers. I left it blank since I didnt know it. The staff in Skattverket accepted the blank answer and took my form.

Have anyone been in the similar situations (i.e. living in an apartment but dont have the lgh number in registered address)? Is it a problem? Would it be a must to change my address to add this lgh number?

I will go to the post office to ask when I have time. However any personal experience sharing will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page
+
gplusa
post 22.Sep.2011, 05:24 PM
Post #2

We never used our apartment number, just the street name and number. Postie figured the rest out from the name board, I presume. We always got our mail.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 22.Sep.2011, 05:40 PM
Post #3

You don't need apartment number.

Skatteverket had a campaign a year ago where they wanted mindless Swedes to register their apartment number for "statistical purposes", which of course 70% did, but you are under no obligation at all to do it and the post office certainly don't need it.
+
Kibiri
post 22.Sep.2011, 05:46 PM
Post #4

What gplusa says reminds me of something. I was at a friends apartment not long ago. They had a package on the table, probably a book, addressed to that building but to a totally different name (not even slightest resemblance). Receiver's name was on the board at the building entrance, showing which floor, so I easily forwarded it. Apparently the postman didn't want to use the elevator to the top floor, and slipped the package to my friends place which is at the entrance level. Bad postie.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se