• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Eating out in Stockholm in the evening

Good Swedish food at reasonable prices

socall
post 22.Sep.2011, 08:41 PM
Post #1

Hi

Can anyone recommend good restaurants in Stockholm that are reasonably priced in the evening? Preferably serving Swedish cuisine but I am also interested in hearing about good places to eat regardless of the food served.
What can I expect to pay for a meal for two?

Any recommendations and information welcome.

Thank you for your time

/Stephen
Go to the top of the page
+
canuk
post 23.Sep.2011, 02:01 AM
Post #2

are you retarded? do you live in warcraft? how about you get off your a$$ walk out your door and look at whats around you, posting to a forum to ask where to eat, get a life!
+
carmel
post 23.Sep.2011, 03:18 AM
Post #3

Stephen, don't worry - not everyone here is like 'canuk'. I posted a similar post a few years ago and received a lot of tips from locals. I just need to somehow find those posts because I'm going back with my husband in less than 2 weeks from now.

Based on what I've seen on the menus that were recommended, around US$200 for 2 (yikes) is not unusual. I believe that's even before alcohol!

By the way, my husband is set on eating reindeer this time and we were advised to go to Gamla Stan for that.

I love, love, love Stockholm...just not the likes of "canuk".

Carmel
+
carmel
post 23.Sep.2011, 03:24 AM
Post #4

here's one of the posts (not mine but similar topic):

http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...c=41964&hl=
+
flobalob
post 23.Sep.2011, 06:55 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (canuk @ 23.Sep.2011, 02:01 AM) *
are you retarded? do you live in warcraft? how about you get off your a$$ walk out your door and look at whats around you, posting to a forum to ask where to eat, get a life!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
+
kuuipo
post 23.Sep.2011, 07:55 AM
Post #6

If you´re on Sodermalm in Stockholm, and like Indian food, Tre Indier is excellent and very reasonably priced. I think it runs us (2) around 600 sek each time we go there. That includes a drink. Here´s their link:
http://gastrogate.com/restaurang/treindier

Also Nem Nem Quan, just down the street from Tre Indier has excellent Vietnamese food, if you like that.

Sorry I can´t recommend any Swedish cuisine restaurants (we don´t frequent them). They seem so bland, they don´t appeal to our tastebuds ;~)
+
Ankinette
post 23.Sep.2011, 08:03 AM
Post #7

Still in Soder, the restaurant Pelikan is meant to be good for traditional Swedish food, prices are ok, well normal prices for Stockholm (mains are usually 150-200kr)
http://www.pelikan.se/
+
post 23.Sep.2011, 08:47 AM
Post #8

here's an example of a nice spot on söder which is more of a söderbo (people who live on söder) place to eat/hang in the bar (there's separate bar/restaurant areas).

it's called söders hjärta next to mariakyrken between slussen and mariatorget. here's a peek at their menu for pricing ideas. i'd say their pricing is pretty indicative of a great number of restaurants around stockholm. no reindeer on the menu but they have moose.
+
Ankinette
post 23.Sep.2011, 09:13 AM
Post #9

Moose!! I wonder how it is...
+
cogito
post 23.Sep.2011, 10:29 AM
Post #10

For Swedish smorgasbord, the Verandah at the Grand Hotel. They also have classic Swedish dishes on the menu.
For ethnic cuisine, I get out of Sweden.
+
carmel
post 23.Sep.2011, 01:15 PM
Post #11

moose! wow that's something we'd also have to consider!
+
post 23.Sep.2011, 02:18 PM
Post #12

they also have wild boar. also good eatin'
+
Opalnera
post 23.Sep.2011, 08:24 PM
Post #13

My favourite, not Swedish cuisine but if you like nice cocktails and to share food this place is great:

http://www.supper.nu/
+
Schrödinger's cat
post 27.Sep.2011, 11:27 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Ankinette @ 23.Sep.2011, 08:13 AM) *
Moose!! I wonder how it is...

In my opinion, it's very tasty.
+
Jorrs
post 27.Sep.2011, 12:00 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (canuk @ 23.Sep.2011, 02:01 AM) *

^ DICK

I really like this place in Gamla Stan, bit expensive but worth it.

http://www.gyldenefreden.se/
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se