• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Amateur Football in Gothenburg

Looking for football team

the_government
post 9.Jan.2012, 09:03 PM
Post #1

Hello people,

Anybody interested in a bit of regular indoor or outdoor football? I've just moved to Gothenburg and would love to get some regular "hobby football". Once/twice a week, anything from 5 to 11 aside. I'm 28 and not super quality or anything.

Cheers,

James
Go to the top of the page
+
matthewF
post 15.Jan.2012, 07:50 AM
Post #2

Hey there,
I'd be up for a bit of football one evening, but don't have a team either. Happy to help look for one though.
I have lived in Sweden for about 2yrs but just moved to göteborg area too
Cheers
Matt
+
the_government
post 16.Jan.2012, 02:15 PM
Post #3

Cool, finally a taker! There's so many pitches around Göteborg but I'm still struggling a bit to find a hobby team to join. Hopefully more people post up here and we can just book a pitch ourselves. I'll keep you informed Matt and welcome to Gbg.
+
mr_spike
post 18.Jan.2012, 08:48 PM
Post #4

Hi Guys, i'm here throughout the week with work but not many weekends, would definitely be interested in playing preferably 5-a-side if poss in the evenings midweek if that suits.
+
armbond
post 18.Jan.2012, 09:49 PM
Post #5

im game in some football...
live in gtb
+
the_government
post 19.Jan.2012, 10:26 AM
Post #6

I guess if we can get 6 more we can start booking a pitch. Week nights are good for me also.
+
matthewF
post 21.Jan.2012, 03:29 PM
Post #7

week nights are fine for me too. Maybe there is a league somewhere we could join?
Somewhere central would be best for me, or in the Northern bit. I'll be travelling down from Kungälv area.

On another note I'll be in town trying to find somewhere showing the Crystal Palace vs Cardiff City semi final this tuesday 24th. If you know of any good sport bars please let me know.

Matt
+
the_government
post 23.Jan.2012, 02:15 PM
Post #8

I guess the Dubliner would be playing the Palace match but it doesn't confirm it on their website. I wouldn't mind going also as my girlfriend has her work group invading the apartment tomorrow night. Let me know if you find a sports bar that confirm they are playing it.
+
mr_spike
post 23.Jan.2012, 02:21 PM
Post #9

i would have thought o'leary's would also have the game on along with the dubliner.

Which dubliner pub you thinking of the one in town or the one near Järntorget? I maybe able to make it for a beer too was going to watch this from home but if your going out to watch it then i would happily tag along.
+
matthewF
post 23.Jan.2012, 05:44 PM
Post #10

Well chaps, lets go for it I say.
I called the dubliner and he said if its on tv we will show it...
Match starts at 20.30 i believe so how about we meet at the bar just before kick off.

If you end up not being able to make it chuck a msg up here in good time so I/we know not to ask random strangers if they are you!

Good stuff.
+
matthewF
post 23.Jan.2012, 05:47 PM
Post #11

The dubliner on östra hamngatan that is
+
the_government
post 23.Jan.2012, 05:48 PM
Post #12

Count me in. Sounds good. I'll be the guy in the trench coat with a brief case and a white rose.
+
the_government
post 23.Jan.2012, 05:54 PM
Post #13

Actually, upon reflection i'll leave the props at home. Actually the Järntorget pub is much closer to me but if you're coming from the north Matt then östra hamngatan is grand.
+
matthewF
post 24.Jan.2012, 09:34 AM
Post #14

appreciate that.

I'll just be in regular clothes err short hair, look british, i'll see you there. Whats your name? I'm matt as you correctly deduced
+
Ballcocks
post 24.Jan.2012, 01:11 PM
Post #15

Hello,

We are also looking for some people to play football with here in Trollhättan. we used to play in the local 7 a side outdoor league "Korpen" but last season didnt have enough players :-(

Let us know if you start someting in Gothenburg and we may come down to join you. Alternatively you would always be welcome in Trolly.

Cheers

Steve
+

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply