• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Print workshops in eskilstuna?

And other tips for a newcomer...

meatwad
post 28.Feb.2012, 04:15 PM
Post #1

hey there! i'm moving to eskilstuna in april and was wondering if anyone knows about print workshops in the area, i.e. places where one can go and use the shop's equipment for etching, screen print, etcetera. also interested in workshops like this in stockholm, although i'm hoping there's something closer to me.
Thanks for any help! Other tips about eskilstuna appreciated smile.gif
-dusty
Go to the top of the page
+
NoraMiriam
post 28.Feb.2012, 07:25 PM
Post #2

Hi!

I live in Eskilstuna. I'm Swedish with an American boyfriend (we live together). Eskilstuna is nice, not too big, close to Stockholm, Örebro and Västerås.
Feel free to ask anything!

Where are you moving from?

/Nora Miriam
+
meatwad
post 29.Feb.2012, 06:55 PM
Post #3

Hi! I'm moving from the US. do you know anything about print workshops? i'm trying to find a space with equipment to work...
Do you know how much the train from eskilstuna to stockholm is?
thanks!
+
backtoblack
post 1.Mar.2012, 11:27 PM
Post #4

Hi Dusty

I'm not sure about Eskilstuna but there are places in stockholm,
if you are a trained printmaker/artist then you can apply to join the artist collective KKV
www.kkv.nu based in Nacka(stockholm) its a great place with a fully equipped etching room, large presses and also great screenprint facilities, theres a yearly fee but its excellent value for the facilities...OR for basic screenprinting facilities at a very cheap price there is a Kulturhuset in Skarpnäck (stockholm)
kultureniskarpnack.se
I teach basic screenprinting workshops there once a month also, just email them for more details

OR there is Husby Konsthall, which is a great place with friendly staff but the printing facilities aren't too great ....
good luck with your search in Eskilstuna, it took me months to find KKV when I first moved here,

Geraldine
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden