• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Cheap mobile phones, and cheap repairs!

Just ruined my iPhone-cheapest phone in Stockholm?

hittheroadjack
post 14.Mar.2012, 10:28 AM
Post #1

Hey guys,

I just ruined my iPhone updating it to the latest software. It's now just a very expensive iPod touch. Great sad.gif

Basically I'm broke but neeeeed a phone. In England you can pick up a pay as you go phone for around £10 in any mobile phone shop. Is there anything similar here? What would be the cheapest way of me picking up a phone?! All I really need is a nokia 3210! Remember those?! No, seriously. something as cheap as possible which will make a call!

Also if anyone know of a shop/[bloke called dave] which/who will repair broken iPhones (software issues) then please let me know.

All the best!
Go to the top of the page
+
Gordy
post 14.Mar.2012, 10:36 AM
Post #2

Check out your local supermarkets they often have cheap Samsungs/Nokias (usually on Comviq) for 199kr.

Willys had one for 99kr last month but I'm not sure if you can still find any stock at that price.
+
Rick Methven
post 14.Mar.2012, 10:48 AM
Post #3

here's one from netonnet

Attached Image

Locked to Comviq but you will need a new sim or a micro-mini sim convertor anyway ( 39kr from Kjell & Co)
+
edd1
post 14.Mar.2012, 12:16 PM
Post #4

Hi there,

I'm pretty handy with iPhones, however, if your phone was jailbroken and then unlocked before you updated then your pretty much screwed for the time being... Don't believe and websites that say they can unlock the latest software, its not true and they also use freely available programs and charge for it.

If thats not the problem then let me know what happened and I can try to recommend how to fix it.

Cheers
Eddie
+
hittheroadjack
post 14.Mar.2012, 12:33 PM
Post #5

Hey Eddie - thought you might be interested in this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3polcVhX9SU...499FAAAAAAAAAAA

After 12 hours of searching/screaming/crying etc. this video sorted me out in a few minutes!

No need for cheap phone anymore I managed to get it working!! smile.gif smile.gif

Thanks for all the help though people! I might get that cheap 99Kr phone anyway as a back up for emergencies!
+
hittheroadjack
post 14.Mar.2012, 12:34 PM
Post #6

And thanks for the offer of help anyway Eddie. Means a lot to a newbie
+
edd1
post 14.Mar.2012, 02:39 PM
Post #7

No probe mate!

Glad you got it fixed! I assumed for some reason it was an iPhone 4 which can't be unlocked! Ive been there a few times pulling my hair out after updating so I know the feeling!

Cheers!
+
ameribrit
post 15.Mar.2012, 09:10 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (hittheroadjack @ 14.Mar.2012, 11:28 AM) *
Also if anyone know of a shop/[bloke called dave] which/who will repair broken iPhones (software issues) then please let me know.

Just made me chuckle. My brother fixes iphones for all his mates. His name is Dave. biggrin.gif
+
hittheroadjack
post 15.Mar.2012, 09:12 AM
Post #9

lol. It's always a Dave. Especially when it comes to hook ups in London! wink.gif
+
Gazelle66
post 15.Apr.2012, 05:18 PM
Post #10

Hi there
I have a similar problem... I moved to Sweden three weeks ago and splashed out on a new iPhone contracted to a Swedish network. But it was stolen on a night out :-(. So now all I have is my old iPhone 3G which is locked to orange. I tried to unlock it using free download I think it was called redsno but it doesn't seem to have worked. Does anyone know a way of unlocking this phone? Otherwise I will be down to Willys (how long am i allowed to live in Sweden and still snigger at that name?...)
+
byke
post 15.Apr.2012, 05:26 PM
Post #11

the old 3 may just be old enough to have this work.

http://www.jailbreakme.com/

just go to that address in your phone browser ... if it works, make a donation to a charity for good karma.
+
Gazelle66
post 15.Apr.2012, 07:30 PM
Post #12

Hi, thank you for replying. I tried this before and now have the cydia icon on my phone but when I put a different sim in there is no service. Do you have to 'do' anything after downloading the software?
+
byke
post 15.Apr.2012, 07:37 PM
Post #13

In the setup, I think there should be a unlock option?
It's been a long time since I last used it.
+
Pooya
post 13.Aug.2014, 02:37 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (hittheroadjack @ 14.Mar.2012, 11:28 AM) *
Hey guys,I just ruined my iPhone updating it to the latest software. It's now just a very expensive iPod touch. Great Basically I'm broke but neeeeed a iphone reparati ... (show full quote)

you can sell it on blocket and buy a new iPhone.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options