• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
34 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > »    Reply to this topic

Are Swedish girls "off limits" for foreigners?

Why is this thread still here??

James34
post 7.Jan.2013, 12:32 AM
Post #376

QUOTE (Children Of Adam @ 6.Jan.2013, 07:05 PM) *
Swedish girls can be hunted so easily by foreigners boys who are aged between 14-24 ys, the minute you are older then it is very hard to hunt a swedish girl, they simply hang ... (show full quote)

This is just wrong on so many levels. I'm 30, met a girl in Stockholm who is gorgeous and I'm not rich or specifically good looking. Not ugly, but nothing special by any means. I am however social, know how to have fun, can talk to any girl and show them a good time. I actually asked her today in light of responses to this thread, what she liked so much about me and what attracted her to me out of so many others. She said "Charm and virility. and releasing positive energy toward people around you." After I blushed, I just called it being myself. People don't realize how far a genuine and fun personality can get you I guess.

QUOTE (Migga @ 6.Jan.2013, 09:27 AM) *
None taken, I expected something like that from an american who lived in Cali. No offense to any of you guys but they tend to be ignorant from what I`ve experienced.

Haha. Ignorant? Try stupid. Half my Facebook friends can't even make complete sentences, let alone type grammatically sound. All with atrocious spelling to boot. No offense taken. smile.gif Most know nothing of current events, or politics and don't even want to know as long as their own little life goes peachy keen. Just one of many reasons I'm now looking to relocate.

QUOTE (Migga @ 6.Jan.2013, 02:15 PM) *
Hahah yeah I`ve never understood that either. Do people think they get a free pass and can say anything without criticism just because they add the words "no offense" in front?

Who said I didn't expect criticism? No matter what I said? I'm fully aware of what I said and what the responses would be. I was, however; unaware you were all so easily offended by such non abrasive wordsl! When I said "vagina," it was not meant to be "deeply insulting." It was not sexist either. It was more of a friendly, might I even say dry humored jab toward Swedish guys. What, you guys can't take a little American competition? There are much, MUCH worse words I could have used if I was truly trying to insult. Furthermore, If you find what I said "deeply offensive," then you have bigger problems to deal with. To get that offended from a forum post by someone you don't know and don't have any ties with is just ridiculous.

QUOTE (Potentialexpat @ 6.Jan.2013, 05:39 PM) *
Believe it or not a lot of Americans believe they can make any statement, and it will be all cool because they say "No Offense." Hell I have heard some of the most i ... (show full quote)

Way to be literal, maybe you should go use a fork lift to lift a pallet of forks. Similes don't exist in your world I guess.

Besides that, the rest of your post is spot on. Thank you for expanding on my way of thinking.

QUOTE (Potentialexpat @ 6.Jan.2013, 08:42 PM) *
LOL. and yea stereotyping is ridiculous, and letting stereotypes guide your view of a country is the wrong way to go. Im pretty sure Swedish men do alright with women...Otherw ... (show full quote)

I have not read these other threads, I've only been on the forum for a couple days. My intent when I joined was just to gather information about a sambo. But the stereotype about swedish guys is real, I read it on several articles and blogs before I ever went to Sweden. I was skeptical to believe it until I actually experienced it.

And I'm not basing what I say off "a few nights." Since June, I've spent about 2 months in Stockholm to visit my girlfriend. It seems to be in the norm for guys to be wall flowers at clubs and bars. Not all mind you, but I would venture to say more then half. I've been multiple times to all the major clubs and bars in Stockholm. Berns, Spy Bar, Sturecompagniet, White Room, Snaps, etc etc, Months of alcoholic haze. I met and became good friends with about 6 Swedish guys, and I will say they are just as vulgar and demeaning toward women as any of my American friends when they are drinking. Once I finally get enough liquid courage in them to get off the wall and socialize with me, after they get shot down, walk away and say "She was a bitch anyway." So those of you who get off talking about gender equality must not be in the 20-30 range, or just don't get out enough. Literally the ONLY difference I see is the shyness, or whatever you want to label it.

I in fact had to warn my girlfriend, and she backed it up. She's a gorgeous girl, and she has an accent, she was like a piece of meat in the San Francisco bars. Guys here are very forward, and they don't like to take no for an answer. It's just different cultures, but hey, if it give me a an advantage in Sweden then so be it!

Swedish girls are far better then California girls though, and that's the truth. California girls are for the most part stuck up, money grubbing whores. (I even stereotype my own people see?) Swedish girls are so friendly and genuine, they cook amazingly and love like no other. Bravo for that, Sweden!
Go to the top of the page
+
James34
post 7.Jan.2013, 12:54 AM
Post #377

I see now reading some of these other threads why some of you thought I was taking a shot toward Swedish guys masculinity. This was not the case. By vagina I strictly mean "scared / shy." This is a common US adjective used to describe fright in other males. Just wanted to be absolutely clear on that. I don't think they are women.
+
max2000
post 7.Jan.2013, 01:13 AM
Post #378

If you would like to go for the swedish chick only,i have something for ya:

learn to read their eyes, some of them are twice more as desperate as you are. they've already given the green light to anyone who makes the first move. be like an eagle, spot your prey and fall on her shoulder!

try to learn how to read characters and personalities.

seek those girls who are alone most of the time or have few friends. try to catch her at a corner without her friends by her side...remember that girls, just as boys, are jealous of each other if you win a girl while her friend is by her side she(her friend) will be jealous why you didn't pick her instead and hence there will be a force against you.

the girls who have a job are the best to be hunted, as it somehow suggests a need for association. they could be staying home relying on welfare benefits but they are out there, it means something right?

go for girls either between 18-20 or older than 28, the range in between, that is to say form 21 to 27 is Brad Pit years for any girl around the world!

be romantic and extravagant with the teenage girl treat her to a lunch at a restaurant kiss her hand touch her hair and so on, but as for the girl who is older than 28 act like this : try to look like a f**k buddy to her( unless she is defensive), look directly in her eyes while biting your lip with your tongue, be frank and tell her that you wanna sleep with her (but in a well planned way) and she can easily turn into your partner!

the language barrier and stuff like that are totally nonsense. you may be depressed and stuck in a mud but i give you a piece of advice and if you take it you ride like a knight :

Don't be honest, be a hypocrite.(girls mistake it for smartness while it has nothing to do with it!)
look like a fool.
make money.

regards
+
Hisingen
post 7.Jan.2013, 05:26 PM
Post #379

QUOTE (James34 @ 7.Jan.2013, 12:54 AM) *
I see now reading some of these other threads why some of you thought I was taking a shot toward Swedish guys masculinity. This was not the case. By vagina I strictly mean &qu ... (show full quote)

What goes for normal in the US does not always go home outside the states' boundaries. Hence the misunderstanding. There is so much that is colloquial and consequently gets wrongly interpreted in a different environment. It makes for caution, and perhaps the use of an expression that is less 'internal' if you will pardon the pun.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 7.Jan.2013, 06:22 PM
Post #380

I see now reading some of these other threads why some of you thought I was taking a shot toward Swedish guys masculinity. This was not the case. By vagina I strictly mean &qu ... (show full quote)

So you think it is dishonorable to be a Swedish woman?

Why?
+
Migga
post 7.Jan.2013, 06:48 PM
Post #381

I don`t think you took a shot, nor am I upset or offended. You made a statement and I disagreed, no hard feelings. It doesn`t matter if you use the word vagina or wallflower, I got your point. I`m familiar with the insecure poser lingo amongst some americans to look hard so that doesn`t phase me, dry humor jab away! I hope you will understand that reading blogs isn`t the way to get a good view of things, people post extreme nonsense to be heard for whatever reason. Sure there might be some truth but it has been twisted into stereotypes and generalizations. I also hope you will stay longer then 2 months and get to learn more then 6 swedish guys so you will see that swedes have just as much "game" as anyone else.
+
trumanshow
post 7.Jan.2013, 07:02 PM
Post #382

Love is a many splendoured thing. It is totally impossible to stereotype. I think you will find there are women in Sweden who like the works of Jane Austen and would fancy hooking up with an English Colin Firth alike. there are also women in Sweden who are quite partial to the stylings of Usher or 50 pence and that would be their thing. There are also many women who feel more comfortable with a good old fashioned raggare Swede who likes tinkering with his chevvy on the weekend. Its the most ludicrous conversation unless you assume that all Swedish women are like those narcissists you see on the Finest website. In which case, I doubt they like anyone as much as they like themselves and who would want to be with them? Perhaps the Swedish vagina males?

Wibble wibble.
+
James34
post 7.Jan.2013, 08:46 PM
Post #383

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 7.Jan.2013, 05:26 PM) *
What goes for normal in the US does not always go home outside the states' boundaries. Hence the misunderstanding. There is so much that is colloquial and consequently get ... (show full quote)

I know this. But being American and being on a Swedish site in which everyone is typing perfect English, it's very easy to lose grasp and use this kind of expression people might not understand. In sense it feels like I'm typing on any number of local forums that I frequent. Which is exactly why I clarified..

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 7.Jan.2013, 06:22 PM) *
So you think it is dishonorable to be a Swedish woman?. Why?

No, is that what you think? I do see from other threads on this forum that Swedish men take offense to being called feminine. Which is... again... why I clarified. People comment when they think I relate Swedish men to women, and when I that I am indeed not relating them to women, all of a sudden I'm calling Swedish women dishonorable? What's going on here?

No, if anything I am saying it's dishonorable to be an American woman, considering it's american "lingo" I'm using. And yes, many many Americans think this way. Women jokes are plentiful, especially jokes about them being in the kitchen. Which is ironic actually because the mass majority of American women in this day don't cook, nor can they.

QUOTE (Migga @ 7.Jan.2013, 06:48 PM) *
I don`t think you took a shot, nor am I upset or offended. You made a statement and I disagreed, no hard feelings. It doesn`t matter if you use the word vagina or wall ... (show full quote)

You say "no hard feelings," but still you insist again, like in every post to spew more insults about Americans.

Honestly, it's not the words you speak, I agree with what you said. It's true. It's the fact you say you're not offended, but you still insult. In retrospect, had I never said anything in the first place, you would have had no reason to say such things. This shows obvious offense, despite your denial. Which is fine, it's exactly what I expected. You just reacted a bit harsh, something to the level I would expect had I just walked up to your face in person and started spewing Swedish slander.

I expected something more along the lines of "Vaginas? Americans have no game and are the biggest vaginas on earth!" To which I would have laughed and agreed with. But no, I get "Are you calling Swedish men girls?" "You are stereotyping, such a typical american!!!!" And other non related insults. Fine, be politically correct. I don't care, I just ask you understand the context.

And I will also remind you that being I knew no Swedish people, or had any experience there, you couldn't expect me to have any other information other then what I read in blogs and articles. You can't expect me to know a culture before I ever experience it. And, as I said before, I was skeptical of what I read. But when I saw it in person, it solidified. Sorry, that's just the way it is. I'm sure there are plenty of Swedish guys with game, but you're arguing my personal experience thus far, which reinforces the stereotype. Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason, whether they're true or not.
+
Migga
post 7.Jan.2013, 10:13 PM
Post #384

QUOTE (James34 @ 7.Jan.2013, 08:46 PM) *
You say "no hard feelings," but still you insist again, like in every post to spew more insults about Americans.

That`s surely not my intent, it`s getting painfully obvious that we are not on the same wavelength.

I expected something more along the lines of "Vaginas? Americans have no game and are the biggest vaginas on earth!" To which I would have laughed and agreed wit ... (show full quote)

I get that you were coming of as jokingly about your personal experience, which happens to line up with what you read beforehand. Something I`m not surprised over. I think both lines are irrelevant though. Not because they could be insulting, uppsetting or offensive but because they are subjective. That`s the point of my sarcastic post of yours for example. I`m not saying that your experiences aren`t true, it`s just that there is more that you haven`t experienced or can experience. To voice ones subjective experiences as an argument is fruitless in a discussion since it can`t be argued. If I were to argue it then I`d just be playing in to your stereotype. Something you yourself say;
Sorry, that's just the way it is. I'm sure there are plenty of Swedish guys with game, but you're arguing my personal experience thus far, which reinforces the stereotype.

I can only make it clear that it`s your subjective opinion and I don`t agree. But that won`t get this discussion going anywhere. What I do find interesting though is why some feel the need to voice their subjective opinion. It get`s extra interesting when that subjective opinion is clearly negative towards a subject. Why does someone feel the need to go online anonymously to let their negative subjective opinion be heard?
+
MassiveAttack
post 10.Jan.2013, 12:25 AM
Post #385

Living as a foreigner is always hard. It is not only the case in Sweden, but also in other countries.

I lived in South Korea for 3 years because of my job and I could notice that so many Koreans like and love Europeans and Americans, but absolutely hate East Asians.

There is always discrimination and racism.

If you want to make a good impression as foreigner without Swedish, then you have to be rich.

I don´t mean that every girl is really into wealthy or materialism, but it is easier to attract girls with money.

I have known several Germans and male Frenches, who are wealthy and have no financial problems.

They don´t speak Swedish, but have a nice flat in a nice area and have a nice car.

Even if they don´t speak Swdish oder don´t understand Swedish culture, they always get girls (okay.. not a single relationship to girls, but one night stand or just play-play-relationship).

It is superficial, but that´s the way it is. Money talks and money rules the world (I know, it sucks).

If you want to be accepted, you have to learn Swedish. There is no reason, why Sweden should welcome you if you have no money to spend in Sweden for the Swedish economy and if you don´t want to learn Swedish.

The language is the first step and the basic step to get into the Swedish society.

Change your style, be self-confident and improve your financial situation by studying or persuing a great career (if you are young yet).
+
OlafKnute@aol.com
post 10.Jan.2013, 03:28 AM
Post #386

So, you've been in Sweden for over a year and still do not know Swedish? Seriously, learn it. Thought they had plenty of classes for leaning Swedish, with all the immigrants. If you don't have a person life there, why do you stay?
+
djmarko
post 10.Jan.2013, 08:26 AM
Post #387

QUOTE (MassiveAttack @ 10.Jan.2013, 01:25 AM) *
Living as a foreigner is always hard. It is not only the case in Sweden, but also in other countries.I lived in South Korea for 3 years because of my job and I could notice th ... (show full quote)

some elements of truth of your observations! i believe if you are confident, have a decent career and financial status, got social skills, you will pull women not just in Sweden but anywhere around the world, this has been proven millions of times!!!
+
moex
post 11.Jan.2013, 06:23 PM
Post #388

every girl has a taste man and u know what they say the bigger the ... the better ...
+
shira36
post 11.Jan.2013, 08:25 PM
Post #389

Don't be offended (I hope you'd learn from my comment) but as a woman I see your post as very sexistful. it goes like: "oh, swedish girls are so attractive, pls help me to hunt one.."As a girl I can not even know what to answer you..
you have so much to learn in life.
Maybe I'll start by saying that a person should lokk for love and not for having a blond in bed.
I am not a swede and I have a black hair and brown eyes but you wouldnt have a chance with me too, for the reasons I mentioned up. And ye, people feel it.
+
shira36
post 11.Jan.2013, 08:30 PM
Post #390

QUOTE (djmarko @ 10.Jan.2013, 08:26 AM) *
some elements of truth of your observations! i believe if you are confident, have a decent career and financial status, got social skills, you will pull women not just in ... (show full quote)

You think girls are so stupid to fall for money and confident? Nja, mister, it is quite a primitive world and approch. It maybe would help you to get a spoiled girl that wants someone to look after her, but it wont bring you LOVE.
+

34 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se