• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
34 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 >   Reply to this topic

Are Swedish girls "off limits" for foreigners?

Why is this thread still here??

hxcpride
post 26.Feb.2013, 06:59 PM
Post #481

QUOTE (Ver0 @ 26.Feb.2013, 12:11 PM) *
Potentialexpat - believe me, no woman in Sweden would bother to go out with a guy she's not interested in only to get a free meal. Never. When a woman agrees to have lunch ... (show full quote)

i have heard many times about this from few swedish girls, they said Swedish guys are plain and simple minded. im just quoting what those girls saying,..no wonder they ended up goin out with foreigners.. and its pretty true about Swedish girls would go out for lunch/dinner/fika once just to get to know eachother. i had this once haha. if you dont find the person interesting then thats that...but hey better try have a chance then not at all. life is short !

and yes but swedes are shy even when you get all the attention by the girls, they wouldnt come up to you and say hey! its always the guys do the job, not that im complaining about it. just saying how its different. confident is the key and thats i always roll.

felt sorry for your girlfriend hey? send her my way haha.
Go to the top of the page
+
polartwist
post 26.Feb.2013, 07:14 PM
Post #482

Potentialexpat - believe me, no woman in Sweden would bother to go out with a guy she's not interested in only to get a free meal. Never.

In the last months I was dating a younger and nice girl. Swedish. I knew she was happy to go out with me just because of the free meals and drinks... And also free rides on my car. It was completely acceptable to me, and the relationship went on until the point it was convenient to me. The most important thing is to be aware of it. Many of you idealize girls too much, they are exactly like us. Wake up guys.
+
Migga
post 26.Feb.2013, 10:31 PM
Post #483

QUOTE (hxcpride @ 26.Feb.2013, 06:59 PM) *
i heard from few girls

So you are going to base you opinion about all swedish guys on what a few girls told you?
+
Potentialexpat
post 27.Feb.2013, 08:19 AM
Post #484

Potentialexpat - believe me, no woman in Sweden would bother to go out with a guy she's not interested in only to get a free meal. Never. When a woman agrees to have lunch ... (show full quote)

Sorry in talking about women I sort of generalized with my experience. You see in the United States the man is expected to pay for the entire date. (Not just his own expenses but the women's as well.) Lets just say don't count on a second date if your a guy, and don't cover her expenses lol. I would imagine fewer women would do that in Sweden considering the man is not expected to pay for what she gets.

Also I've known a few girls who only went on a date to get a free meal/try a new restaurant with no interest in the guy. But in general women here go on dates to evaluate the guy/they are actually interested. Not gonna lie I've had dates where an off color remark resulted in me not getting a second date. What can I say I'm an opinionated person.
+
polartwist
post 27.Feb.2013, 08:38 PM
Post #485

QUOTE (Potentialexpat @ 27.Feb.2013, 08:19 AM) *
Also I've known a few girls who only went on a date to get a free meal/try a new restaurant with no interest in the guy.

My question is: is it a problem? Really? If you get the "dessert", is more than OK to me.
+
your_father
post 28.Feb.2013, 09:28 PM
Post #486

Yeah you're right, I know that I am idealizing her, I like her after all. I'll try to be realistic and see things in a logical way as much as possible. In my own opinion, I don't think that she will be going out with me for free meals or free treats. If she were to look for a sugar daddy, a fellow student who is not rich and comes from a developing country would not be the best choice. Besides, I've been trying to ask her out for a second "date" and so far she's been busy, which I can understand because I am aware of the study work load that she has. It's either she's saying the truth or trying to avoid me, can be both ways, but for now I believe her. If she still avoids me in the long run then I would know for sure that she's not into me. So I'm at this point where things are pretty much uncertain and unpredictable.

I wonder how the original poster adiman83 is doing. I know many Swedish girls are attractive (physically speaking) and that many of us foreign guys would sure like to be with one, but if you will allow me to say my opinion, I don't think you should put that as the top priority. I know that girls are attracted to guys who are "happy" with their current lives and you should be content with your life as it is even without a girlfriend. I know it may be hard for guys who are single and have been single for a long time (I have been single all my life, I never had even a girlfriend before), but it really helps a lot if you feel ok with your current state now (without a girlfriend). I do feel lonely sometime (but thankfully it's doesn't happen often), but I mean a girlfriend isn't the only way you can enjoy your life. Think about your loved ones (family) and good friends who are the people who have known you longer and are close to you. They are also a big part of your life too!
+
intrepidfox
post 28.Feb.2013, 09:42 PM
Post #487

Many years ago i decided sod it. If a woman likes me for who i am then great. If she doesn´t then bye bye because nobody should change for anybody else. So to the question of the Op (i hope he has found happiness) Are Swedish girls "off limits" for foreigners? No it depends on yourself and what you want in life. Should you just run after the first girl you see or wait for a connection where the chemistry fits. There is in this world many surprises good and bad. Just dont be despearate and wait for your dreams to be fulfilled
+
oddsock
post 28.Feb.2013, 10:00 PM
Post #488

Besides, I've been trying to ask her out for a second "date" and so far she's been busy, which I can understand because I am aware of the study work load that she has.

There are two kinds of busy.

1.) "Ooh, sorry, I can't, I am busy, but let's meet ___day at __ o'clock."
2.) "Ooh, sorry, I can't, I am busy."

Number 2 is quite clear no interest sign.

Number 1 is vague. Number 1 can really mean what it means, or there could be another date with somebody else before ___day (Plan A guy), or there is no interest at all and Number 1 will continue to be used over and over again the day before ___day or possibly hours before ___ o'clock.

Don't bother thinking about it or her. It's all out of your hands. Go meet new ones!
+
your_father
post 28.Feb.2013, 10:03 PM
Post #489

I'll know the answer to that in around 2 weeks time :-)
+
Potentialexpat
post 1.Mar.2013, 12:24 AM
Post #490

Dawg if she is actually interested, you would know, and she would have suggested an alternative time. You shouldn't have to wait two weeks unless she's traveling/going somewhere. Women like to play games get used to it you'll see. Also you might wanna ask out other girls. My advice would be if/when you actually get a date let her know your not that expierienced with women cause she sure as hell will know. Or you can always lie, and say you've only had 1 girlfriend, and didnt really date/flirt much.
+
your_father
post 1.Mar.2013, 01:27 AM
Post #491

I thought that there was a high possibility that she was interested when we first met. Although oddsock suggested that it could be faked, I think body language is hardest to fake, but again I can not be too sure. I think that she is playing hard to get, which quite a number of women are known to do.

Why would you advice me to tell her that I am not that experienced with women?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 1.Mar.2013, 02:18 AM
Post #492

Trolls don't need advice...a good one scores right away...but first...any man knows a woman will signal that she likes you...no signal...run like hell to another one...that's a fact! laugh.gif
laugh.gif
+
Potentialexpat
post 1.Mar.2013, 03:07 AM
Post #493

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 1.Mar.2013, 02:18 AM) *
Trolls don't need advice...a good one scores right away...but first...any man knows a woman will signal that she likes you...no signal...run like hell to another one...that's a fact! laugh.gif laugh.gif

You'd be suprised at how lacking in Swag some people are.

I agree with Gamla on this one. Usually en kvinnor kommer send some kind of signal. Or will keep the conversation going/find an excuse to be around you.

As for why should you tell her your lack of expierience? She can tell lol or if she can't she will find out when you get down to doing the deed. No one likes someone dishonest especially if your dating a person. Also I feel like adding everyone reading your writing can see your not so good with women, and Im pretty sure women see that.
+
your_father
post 1.Mar.2013, 11:16 AM
Post #494

Sorry, it was not my intention to be a "troll" or annoying in anyway. I'm sure anyone can tell that I'm not experienced with women by reading what I have written because I have specifically admitted that myself. I'm sure you're right and that she can sense that too. Maybe one day if we are close enough together, I will of course tell her the truth because although it may sound weird to most people, but I don't think it's something I need to be ashamed of. I didn't do anything wrong!

The reason I posted in this forum was because I have felt some signals ("hot") and at other times felt the "cold." That is what was confusing me. But now I am feeling better and am patient enough to see how it will turn out.
+
adiman83
post 4.Mar.2013, 10:18 AM
Post #495

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 28.Feb.2013, 09:42 PM) *
... So to the question of the Op (i hope he has found happiness) Are Swedish girls "off limits" for foreigners? No it depends on yourself and what you want in life. ...

I did find my happiness, but not in a way most of you would agree with. I didn't find it with a partner, I found it in IGNORANCE. In other words, I'm ignoring EVERYBODY. At this moment I couldn't care less if women (or anybody else for that matter) are even noticing me because I'm surely not noticing them. I learned to accept the fact that things will never be different for me and I'm fine with that. This is my reality and it's not your (all of you) place to tell me different.
+

34 Pages V  « < 31 32 33 34 >
Reply to this topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se