• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

My husband application for family-tie

Resident permit has been to long

kwabee
post 5.May.2012, 09:29 AM
Post #1

Im a swedish citizen haven been married to a non-EU citizen who had been illegally live here in sweden for a year.He and I lived together for some months before and after our marriage, in my house. Our marriage is registered in skatt. we decided to apply for a permit and they said he (my husband) would have to go back to his home country to apply there which he did that. They then sent me a questions which i have also answered and sent back to the migration board in sweden. We both, have been asked additional question later which we submitted them
By the time my husband applied for the permit, the proccessing time was 7 months on their site. But for now it over 10 months by now and they have not done anything about his permit yet.
About some weeks ago I called, them to ask about my husband case and they said, my case is include the cases on their system which would have to be taking care of, So in 3 weeks time i should hear from them. The 3 weeks is passed but no answer from them yet.
Im unhappy about their action and I dont know what to do and i wonder why it has taking so long with our application
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 5.May.2012, 11:09 AM
Post #2

There is not much you can do - the time limits are approximations and averages - some will take less whereas others will take far longer

I guess your husband's situation is much more complicated and will be getting extra scrutiny so will take longer - he has failed to comply with a previous requirement and chose to live in Sweden illegally - so this may mean red flags to Migrationsverket so they will be looking extra hard at his application
+
kwabee
post 13.May.2012, 03:50 AM
Post #3

Thanks, but I would like to know if i can leave sweden to go and visit him in his home country while his application has not yet been aproved Because I miss him so much that I am finding it hard to continue to live at his absent lately
+
Puffin
post 13.May.2012, 10:22 AM
Post #4

Yes - you can visit him - it is just that he is not allowed to enter Sweden until his case is decided
+
Yorkshireman
post 13.May.2012, 10:42 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Puffin @ 13.May.2012, 09:22 AM) *
... he is not allowed to enter Sweden until his case is decided

You can travel freely, however it might be wise to inform Migrationsverket, just in case they need to contact You if they need any further info with regards the permit request.

@Puffin. Actually this is not so. What Migrationsverket mean is that just applying for a permit does not give one the right to travel to Sweden before a decision is made, reasoning behind that is partly they may do interviews and send documents to the local embassy, and another is that it often costs tax payers to pay for flights back if application is rejected.

However, if the person has a valid tourist visa that gives them the right to enter Sweden, they are free to do so without it effecting the appllication for say, sambo permit. The main point is that You have a valid Visa to enter Sweden, ie. not enter the country illegal, and that application is not a visa.
+
Swedenidol
post 25.Feb.2013, 03:58 PM
Post #6

Have patience...
+
friendonlyyours
post 25.Feb.2013, 04:00 PM
Post #7

Don't worry Stockholm unit has much rush. My application is also pending from 8.5 months even I have not done anything illegal and living here and doing good job. I can understand your situation its very difficult. Even me and my wife is together but still that hanging down to the rope situation is really frustrated.

If you can visit go for visit that will also strong your case and relationship seriousness. As long information to migrations I don't know how to talk with them. Their communication service is so poor. You can't talk on phone, if visit office a long queue after receptionist don't know most of the information "Jag vet inte". There is no way to meet visa officer until unless they call you. Quite ridiculous system.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com