• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

SFI bonus questions

Information about SFI bonus

Puffin
post 5.Oct.2012, 08:40 AM
Post #16

SFI - covers primary school - Swedes study this level aged 7-13
Swedish (grades 1-7 in the Swedish school system)

SAS is Highschool level (what Swedes study aged 13-19
SAS grund covers junior high school level Swedish (grades 7-9) and at the end you receive the level that Swedish kids get at age 16 (grundskolexamen) - like a GCSE/O level

SAS gymnasiet covers upper high school/secondary level (grades 10-12) and at the end - when you have taken gymnasiet 1,2 and 3 you have the high school leaving level like- high school diploma/IB diploma/A level

SFI is covered by the bonus system for those that pass through the whole system fast on refugee/family ties permits (EU permits do not qualify)- but no such bonuses exist for SAS grund or SAS gymnasiet

However SAS has no bonuses but instead gives eligibility to student aid (grants and loans) for those with PUT or 2 years residence
Go to the top of the page
+
JulieLou40
post 5.Oct.2012, 12:32 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Puffin @ 5.Oct.2012, 07:40 AM) *
[b]SFI is covered by the bonus system for those that pass through the whole system fast on refugee/family ties permits (EU permits do not qualify)- but no such bonuses exist f ... (show full quote)

I don't think this is correct. I was eligible until I just didn't pass in time because of family problems, and I'm from the EU.
+
Puffin
post 5.Oct.2012, 03:11 PM
Post #18

You can be from the EU without having an EU permit

I thought that you had a permit based on a relationship with a Swede - this is not the same thing as an EU permit
+
gaffal
post 7.Oct.2012, 12:00 AM
Post #19

QUOTE (Puffin @ 5.Oct.2012, 08:40 AM) *
SFI - covers primary school - Swedes study this level aged 7-13 Swedish (grades 1-7 in the Swedish school system)SAS is Highschool level (what Swedes study aged 13-19SAS grund ... (show full quote)

Hello Puffin
Thanks for the detailed answer. I made my own extensive research and now fully understand the difference. I just didn't realise that my little knowledge of Swedish and my luck when sitting for the test landed me in this level.

Thanks smile.gif
+
JulieLou40
post 7.Oct.2012, 09:01 AM
Post #20

QUOTE (Puffin @ 5.Oct.2012, 02:11 PM) *
You can be from the EU without having an EU permit. I thought that you had a permit based on a relationship with a Swede - this is not the same thing as an EU permit

Now I'm confused...lol

In any event, I'm no longer eligible, so it doesn't really matter in my case...
+
Puffin
post 7.Oct.2012, 09:06 AM
Post #21

Basically if you are here on a 5 year EU permit (based on work, own funds or marriage to another EU citizen etc) then you tend not to be eligible

However there is a strange loophole where Swedish citizens are not counted as EU citizens under this rule - so if you apply for a permit based on marriage/sambo with a Swedish citizen you tend to be given a 2 year UT and then PUT - and this gives eligibility for the bonus - so you can be a EU citizen without hold a 5 year EU permit
+
Somebody
post 7.Oct.2012, 11:08 AM
Post #22

After reading all the threads SFI bonus related I am still
Not 100% sure if my sambo here is entitled to it or not.
We are both EU citizens. She studies SFI and has a right of residence.
Could anybody please advise on our case?
+
Case officer
post 7.Oct.2012, 12:59 PM
Post #23

As mentioned earlier, a residence permit is required to be eligible for the bonus. A right of residence is not enough.
+
ahm
post 7.Oct.2012, 01:20 PM
Post #24

Thanks Puffin , u r brilliant ...

I agree with you , thank you

After finishing both Kurs(course) C and D , the person who carry uppehållstillstånd card (UT) or permanent uppehållstillstånd card (PUT)

Can earn bonus approx. (8,000+12,000) =20,000 SEK

He must finish both within a 12 month from strarting Course C , or 15 months from his residance in Sweden

Ofcourse some ppl carry (PUT) because they got it outside SWE,

So, happy days for every one received Bonus

They deserve it and more

Thanks
+
Somebody
post 7.Oct.2012, 01:38 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (Case officer @ 7.Oct.2012, 12:59 PM) *
As mentioned earlier, a residence permit is required to be eligible for the bonus. A right of residence is not enough.

So that means that any EU person coming here will never be entitles to it as EU people get here
right of residence and not residence permit?
+
Puffin
post 8.Oct.2012, 11:48 AM
Post #26

If you look on the previous page there is a post of the relevant "Decision classes"

You can also read more here
http://www.skolverket.se/polopoly_fs/1.166...%2020120113.pdf
+
Puffin
post 8.Oct.2012, 11:51 AM
Post #27

QUOTE (ahm @ 7.Oct.2012, 02:20 PM) *
Thanks Puffin , u r brilliant ... I agree with you , thank you After finishing both Kurs(course) C and D , the person who carry uppehållstillstånd card (UT) or permanent upp ... (show full quote)

The time limit starts ticking as soon as you arrive - 15 months from the date of registration with Skatteverket - or 12 months from your first day on SFI

The maximum you can get for any or all courses is 12,000kr
http://www.skolverket.se/polopoly_fs/1.166...%2020120113.pdf
+
Ankinette
post 8.Oct.2012, 05:19 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (ahm @ 7.Oct.2012, 12:20 PM) *
Thanks Puffin , u r brilliant ... I agree with you , thank you After finishing both Kurs(course) C and D , the person who carry uppehållstillstånd card (UT) or permanent upp ... (show full quote)

Ya, as Puffin said you can only get 12 000 max, so if u finished the C course and got 8000 you will only get 4000 more once u finish D.
+
Ankinette
post 8.Oct.2012, 05:22 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (Puffin @ 8.Oct.2012, 10:51 AM) *
The time limit starts ticking as soon as you arrive - 15 months from the date of registration with Skatteverket - or 12 months from your first day on SFIThe maximum you can ge ... (show full quote)

15 months from the date u get your personnummer you think Puffin? Or 15 months from the date you told SV you arrived on swedish soil?
+
Puffin
post 8.Oct.2012, 05:42 PM
Post #30

It says in the guidence from Skolverket 15 months from the date you are first registered in a Swedish kommun - so this would be 15 months from when you register for the first time with Skatteverket
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options