• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3   Reply to this topic

SFI bonus questions

Information about SFI bonus

Ankinette
post 8.Oct.2012, 07:00 PM
Post #31

Mhhh ok, for me its a bit unclear cos i was rejected 2/3 times by SV regarding my personnummer... I hope they will count from the date i obtained my PN cos obviously before i couldnt start SFI, so it would make sense.
Go to the top of the page
+
ahm
post 8.Oct.2012, 10:27 PM
Post #32

Puffin , what ever , ur web sites , it seems in logical

Every single couse has its bonus, B,C and D

For B ,6,000 SEK
For C 8,000 SEK
For D 12,0000 SEK

If u start from C, U cant get bonus for B

And , u must finish All courses up to D

Then u can submit applicaton for ALL

Thats it
+
Peter Thomas
post 9.Oct.2012, 10:52 AM
Post #33

I'm afraid the maximum you can claim is indeed 12,000 total, as Puffin previously stated.
+
StephenR
post 9.Oct.2012, 02:00 PM
Post #34

QUOTE (ahm @ 8.Oct.2012, 11:27 PM) *
Puffin , what ever , ur web sites , it seems in logical Every single couse has its bonus, B,C and D For B ,6,000 SEK For C 8,000 SEK For D 12,0000 SEK If u start from C, U ca ... (show full quote)

As has been said, the maximum is 12,000kr. If you apply for your bonus after B, you will receive 6,000kr, if you apply again after C, you will only receive 2,000kr and after D, another 4,000 coming to a maximum of 12,000kr.
+
Puffin
post 9.Oct.2012, 02:33 PM
Post #35

QUOTE (ahm @ 8.Oct.2012, 11:27 PM) *
Puffin , what ever , ur web sites , it seems in logical Every single couse has its bonus, B,C and D For B ,6,000 SEK For C 8,000 SEK For D 12,0000 SEK If u start from C, U ca ... (show full quote)

As is stated very clearly in the document from Skolverket on the previous page the maximum that any person can get is 12,000kr as this is the max ceiling

If you can get to SFI D in 12 months then normally you would start at SFI C as SFI B is designed for people with lower educational levels i.e. 4-8 years of schooling - people with completed high school are meant to start on SFI C
+
ahm
post 9.Oct.2012, 03:07 PM
Post #36

What ever , wich is the truth

, Happy days for those who are eligible to SFI-BONUS

They deserve it and more.
+
mobo
post 11.Oct.2012, 08:35 AM
Post #37

I am currently taking SFI and am here on a work permit. I know I am not eligible for the bonus on a work permit but I have an application in (waiting to be processed) for a sambo visa. I am in SFI C now so if I wait until I finish SFI D (in the eligible amount of time, of course) and my application is through for my sambo visa, do you think I could apply for the bonus then?
+
mixxi
post 6.Feb.2013, 12:51 PM
Post #38

concerning: EU citizenship is irrelevant - what is relevant is that the Decision Class of your residence permit is one of these: AC, AF, AK, AM, AS, AT, AV, B, B3, B4, B5, B6, B7, B8, G, K, K1, K4, K7, K8, K9, KV, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, T1, T9

->> but if you are an EU citizen you need no residence permit and so you get no code!

So my question is, how do you get a code?
+
trumanshow
post 7.Feb.2013, 07:53 PM
Post #39

mixxi, if you are longer than 3 month here you are supposed to register with the municipality who then provide you with a code.
+
StephenR
post 9.Feb.2013, 06:00 PM
Post #40

QUOTE (mixxi @ 6.Feb.2013, 12:51 PM) *
concerning: EU citizenship is irrelevant - what is relevant is that the Decision Class of your residence permit is one of these: AC, AF, AK, AM, AS, AT, AV, B, B3, B4, B5, B6, ... (show full quote)

You're wrong actually. EU citizens do not require a visa to enter Sweden, and can stay here for 3 months without notifying anyone but after three months, they are required to register with Migrationsverket. MV however have the right to deny them permission to live here unless they satisfy one of two conditions.

Those wishing to claim their right of residence as EU citizens need to either have a job here, to be self-employed, to have sufficient means or to have been accepted as a student. If they're not doing one of the four, the likelihood is that they will be denied their right of residence.

The alternative is to apply for a residence permit which, for EU citizens, is pretty much only granted on the basis of being in a relationship with a Swede. They're not required to have a job, be self-employed etc - only that their partner can support them while living here. Only these people have the right to the SFI bonus and it's only them who receive a Decision Class from MV which is listed on the letter that MV send out confirming that a residence permit has been granted.

QUOTE (trumanshow @ 7.Feb.2013, 07:53 PM) *
mixxi, if you are longer than 3 month here you are supposed to register with the municipality who then provide you with a code.

Migrationsverket issue the code as it is an immigration matter.
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN