• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Flat scammers via Blocket & co.

A list of themes, names, mail addresses

scamjack
post 14.Aug.2012, 05:22 PM
Post #1

I guess like me almost everyone here will have come across scammers via blocket.se & co.
Let's start a list of themes, scammer fake names and their e-mail addresses.
Go to the top of the page
+
scamjack
post 14.Aug.2012, 05:24 PM
Post #2

Cecilia von Schedvin, vonschedvincecilia@gmail.com:

Tack för visat intresse för min lägenhet, nu är det så att jag befinner mig i Danmark och jobbar, tyvärr kan jag inte ordna en visning förrän ... då jag återvänder till Sverige. Lägenheten är i toppskick utan några som helst anmärkningar, då det är många intresserade så skulle jag kunna hålla den till just er mot att vi använder oss utav en tjänst som heter Internetgirot.se som Blocket rekommenderar. (Givetvis är detta inget bindande)

Det fungerar som så att jag fyller i formuläret på Internetgirot.se och sedan gör du en överföring till dom på en månadshyra i förskott (6980kr) som internetgirot håller tills vi har träffats och skrivit på alla papper.

The good old "pay-first" scam!
+
scamjack
post 14.Aug.2012, 05:25 PM
Post #3

I also had a scammer calling himself "Maquard boidg" in the sender's name, signing the mail with "Karsten", sending from abeigianuoluwa@gmail.com and offering a Skype conversation with his username owode.101.
+
scamjack
post 14.Aug.2012, 05:27 PM
Post #4

Another classic is "David S Wilson" from London:

Thanks for your interest, i bought this apartment for my son during he's studies , but now he's back home in London UK permanently, so i'm renting the place for unlimited time. [...]

(via mm2012it@gmail.com in my case, also reported here)
+
ttrs_d
post 14.Aug.2012, 08:20 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (scamjack @ 14.Aug.2012, 05:25 PM) *
I also had a scammer calling himself "Maquard boidg" in the sender's name, signing the mail with "Karsten", sending from abeigianuoluwa@gmail.com and o ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (scamjack @ 14.Aug.2012, 05:27 PM) *
Another classic is "David S Wilson" from London:. (via mm2012it@gmail.com in my case, also reported here)

i had both people, i am really curious, does anyone know how to find their IP adresses?
+
whoye
post 14.Aug.2012, 08:34 PM
Post #6

biggrin.gif a feeling of revenge. you got to punish those m..f..ckers , right? is that the reason why you want to figure out a IP address? no man, just let bygones be bygones.
+
melaela
post 14.Aug.2012, 08:54 PM
Post #7

Dahlia Vallborg
dahlia.41vallborg@hotmail.com

Said she is in London so a deposit though Moneygram and keys through the post is the only way that works. Told her I will be in London that same week and she said she won't be in London that week because of work so can't meet me, thus, Moneygram is still the only way possible. Phew!
+
scamjack
post 15.Aug.2012, 09:41 AM
Post #8

I faced the following situation but could not, for the live of me, figure out if they were trying to scam me or not:
  • A really great central rental flat in good condition, offered as a 2nd-hand rental (andrahandskontrakt) from the 1st hand tenant.
  • I could confirm that the tenant lives there via the company who owns the building, and that he had requested approval for making an andrahandskontrakt with someone. That part was certainly not made up!
  • At first we talked about two options:
    1. me renting the flat from them at their rent + a premium (about 60% on top - still rather cheap for the area), without paying a deposit
    2. me buying the first-hand contract for them at a fixed price (which was equal to the rental premium spread out over a year - and seemed FAR too cheap for that area!)
  • Later, however, they claimed the landlord would not approve of an increased rent, so they wanted to sell me the right to have the contract. When I declined, they offered paying the price in two rates.
  • When I declined that, too, they offered the option that I pay their monthly rent as in the contract, plus a premium on top that was not in the contract. But then, they suddenly wanted a deposition of 3 months' rent, which they assured I would get back at the end of the contract. That was weird as they had initially told me there was no deposit required!

I finally stopped the correspondence with them because it seemed weird. Everything I could check seemed legitimate. I did call the landlord company, after all! It was their insistence with getting money up-front that alarmed me a bit, although that may have been perfectly okay. (Perhaps they just needed money for some private reason quickly but had no intention to scam me?)

Does this scenario sound familiar to anyone, or do you have opinions on this?
+
Omicron
post 15.Aug.2012, 11:45 PM
Post #9

Oliver Romeo-Larsson (olivereknlarsson654@hotmail.com )from London has sent me this email:

Hei,
Mitt namn är Romeo och jag befinner mig i Storbritannien. Först och främst ber jag om ursäkt för att inte skriva på svenska. Jag vill säga att jag är ursprungligen från Sverige (mina föräldrar är båda svenska) men jag är född i England och jag har bott här sedan jag föddes. Av denna anledning, jag talar inte svenska mycket bra och jag har mycket svårt att uttrycka mig. För frågor, vänligen kontakta mig på engelska (helst) och på svenska (om du inte talar engelska) och jag ska göra mitt bästa för att beskriva alla detaljer för att du så tydligt som möjligt.
I will start by giving you some information regarding the reason why I am renting the apartment. The apartment that you are interested in, I bought it for holidays in Sweden, in order to explore my Swedish heritage. As I said from the beginning, my parents are originally from Sweden and I love Sweden as a country and also it's landscapes. I have decided to rent the apartment because my financial situation is not so good at this time. I also can not come to Sweden in the near future because I just received a new work contract on the Dunbar Oil platform ( I work as an engineer ) and I will be there for at least 8 months per year. Due to my present situation, I will not be able to use the apartment for at least one year and I have decided that it is better to rent it for an extra income. ( to earn some money ). I really hope to find a good and responsible tenant for the apartment. If you are planning to rent for more then one year, it's not a problem, because I can give it for rent for as long as you need.

After this he sent another full page email with several beautiful pictures of a big apartment from central Stockholm. I wonder why the guy was unable to rent his elegant and stylish apartment which was cheap and located in central Stockholm when the demand for rental accommodation extremely high.
+
UppsalasFinaste
post 28.Aug.2012, 08:23 AM
Post #10

I responded to an ad that turned out to be the same scam as the one that ScamJack mentioned--virtually word for word. This one was from "Paulina Vivanco" (e-mail address: paulinavivanco09@gmail.com).

Tack för visat intresse för min lägenhet, nu är det så att jag befinner mig i Tyskland och jobbar, tyvärr kan jag inte ordna en visning förrän Fredag den 29:e Aug då jag återvänder till Sverige över helgen. Lägenheten är i toppskick utan några som helst anmärkningar, då det är många intresserade så skulle jag kunna hålla den till just er mot att vi använder oss utav en tjänst som heter Internetgirot.se som Blocket rekommenderar. (Givetvis är detta inget bindande)

Det fungerar som så att jag fyller i formuläret på Internetgirot.se och sedan gör du en överföring till dom på en månadshyra i förskott (4390kr) som internetgirot håller tills vi har träffats och skrivit på alla papper.

At first, I was a little suspicious about paying to an escrow account, but then I thought to myself, "OK, Internetgirot looks legit." However, alarm bells went off in my mind when I received this fairly convincing spoof e-mail that claimed to come from Internetgirot. (This is the same thing that happened to the person interviewed in this article.) I then did some searching, found this thread, and new that it was all a scam.

Hej

Detta är en bekräftelse på att din e-postadress har registrerats i ett
ärende hos internetgirot.se

Du ska nu göra inbetalningen till vårt bankgiro eller bankkonto.
Om du betalar via Internetbank ange OCR-numret i fältet för
OCR-nummer som meddelande. Om du betalar via bankkontor
ange OCR-numret i blankettens meddelandefält.

Hyresgäst: My Name, my.name@gmail.com
Uthyrare: Paulina Vivanco, paulinavivanco09@gmail.com
Objekt: 1,5:a i Centrum med perfekt pendlarläge (Uppsala)
Överenskommen hyra: 4390 kronor
Handpenning: kronor

Avgift: 220 kronor

Inbetalas till internetgirot.se: 4610 kronor

Vi har haft en del störningar med vårt bankgiro och OCR
nummer. Alternativt att överföringen sker på nedanstående
bankkonto om ni har problem med betalningen till bankgiro,
glöm inte att ange OCR nummer som meddelande.

Vi ber om ursäkt för eventuella olägenheter i samband med detta.
Kontakta gärna vår support om du har några frågor kring detta.

Internetgirots Nordea Bankkonto: 3137-XXXXXXX
(ange Trustly Group AB som mottagare)

Internetgirots Nordea Bankgiro: 782-3214
(ange Trustly Group AB som mottagare)

OCR-nummer: 81324240

Inbetalningen till Bankkonto tar max 1-2 bankdagar.
Inbetalningen till Bankgirot tar 5-6 bankdagar bl.a. på grund av
Bankgirocentralens rutiner. När vi har fått din inbetalning kommer
uthyraren att informeras. Du kommer meddelas när det har skett.
Du kommer även att få mer information om hur du sedan godkänner
betalningen till uthyraren.

Om du har frågor eller problem kontaktar du oss här:
https://www.internetgirot.se/contact/errand...jc5OzM3NjQ7NA--
Din fråga styrs då till rätt ärende.

Om du vill kontakta uthyraren använd dennes mailadress ovan.
Här kan du läsa allmänna villkor för internetgirot.se:
https://www.internetgirot.se/terms/rental
---------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.internetgirot.se
+
JulieLou40
post 28.Aug.2012, 09:36 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (scamjack @ 15.Aug.2012, 09:41 AM) *
I faced the following situation but could not, for the live of me, figure out if they were trying to scam me or not:A really great central rental flat in good condition, offer ... (show full quote)

That one actually sounds alright to me...
+
james5
post 28.Aug.2012, 01:36 PM
Post #12

I could validate that the renter life there via the organization who has the developing, and that he had asked for acceptance to make an contract with someone.
+
Puffin
post 28.Aug.2012, 01:51 PM
Post #13

I hope that you lot are prepared to get sued if some of the people you are "outing" are themselves victims of identity theft

Many flat scammers operate by means of identiity theft so that innocent people have their identties stolen and then fake e-mail account are set up. I read about a case like this in the paper and the guy was the real tennant and the scammer stole his name - the police were investgating
+
scamjack
post 28.Aug.2012, 03:19 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Puffin @ 28.Aug.2012, 12:51 PM) *
Many flat scammers operate by means of identiity theft so that innocent people have their identties stolen and then fake e-mail account are set up. I read about a case like th ... (show full quote)

Can you share additional info on this, like a news link or so?
+
ttrs_d
post 28.Aug.2012, 08:46 PM
Post #15

Add David Wilson, who apparently does not know how to use skype, is in London too.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se