• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Metal detecting in Sweden

Is it even possible?

italoman62
post 21.Aug.2012, 07:32 AM
Post #1

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you out there have and use a metal detector in Sweden. I just bought one and was told that I could use it if I had a permit. I have been trying to find the right county office to apply to but I’m having very little luck. Please post any thoughts or if you use a detector please email me, I would like to start a club here in Göteborg.
My email is- italoman@43yahoo.com
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 21.Aug.2012, 08:07 AM
Post #2

to search any piece of land, you will need permission from the relevant lännstyrelsen office and the land owner. You will need to do this for each field. Otherwise I think I'm correct in believing it's illegal to even use one on your own land, without first gaining permission from lännstyrelsen.

http://www.lansstyrelsen.se/vastragotaland...metall+detektor

I'll let you wade through the site, other counties have permits etc. but it really depends on what the land is classed as, much of Sweden has either protect archealogical status or nature 2000, though to look at it you wouldn't know it. Digging without permission is punishable by a major fine or sentence even if it's you own land.
+
Johno
post 21.Aug.2012, 10:22 AM
Post #3

Covered before http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...metal+detecting
+
Darwinder
post 21.Aug.2012, 05:41 PM
Post #4

You can check out this guys blog, lots of good tidbits... he is a local archeologist.

http://scienceblogs.com/aardvarchaeology/2...ect-legally-in/

If you do manage to get permission and are looking to start a club in Gothenburg I would 100% join! I have been very interested in doing something similiar for some years but have kind of been waiting for either the rules to ease up(I had an email exchange with Martin who runs that blog last year and he said they were pushing to change the law and something may happen soon, havent heard any updates though, might be worth sending him an email and asking).

There are a lot of interesting sites around Gothenburg, especially Kungalv(they have just discovered a viking age Royal house built on the outskirts of the city there), as well as on Öckerö, think there are good opportunities. Many people dont realize the epic history surrounding Gothenburg and most people tend to focus on the east as well as gotland!

Well best of luck and feel free to send me a pm if you are interested in meeting up!
+
italoman62
post 21.Aug.2012, 09:05 PM
Post #5

Hi again,

Thanks for the info guys; it’s great to see that there are others out there with the same interest. I will definitely follow up on getting a permit and will seriously consider starting a club here in Got. I hope the rules change as they say they will. That would make things a little better.
I have a new XTerra 705 with a 5x10 inch elliptical coil ready to use. I am itching to get out there and do some detecting. I had bounty hunter machine in the past and used it with great success when I lived in Italy; the laws there are a bit more flexible. I also lived in the US for awhile, in Rochester NY to be precise. I did lots of beaches there, good fun.
Anyway I will say in touch with any progress that I have and keep in touch. Let’s try to spark up some interest and get a club started as soon as possible.
+
james5
post 30.Aug.2012, 02:00 PM
Post #6

There are a lot of exciting websites around Gothenburg, especially Kungalv, as well as on Öckerö, think there are excellent possibilities.
+
ptiworld
post 23.Jan.2013, 11:56 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 21.Aug.2012, 07:07 AM) *
to search any piece of land, you will need permission from the relevant lännstyrelsen office and the land owner. You will need to do this for each field. Otherwise I think I& ... (show full quote)

Wow I had no idea idea about this law! Thanks for letting me know.

Another trusty place to buy metal detectors is http://www.pti-world.com/. Even though they show walk through metal detectors on the home page they have several other types under the "products" category.
+
Nicholas Gabriel
post 20.Feb.2013, 10:25 AM
Post #8

How hard is it to get a license? And is it expensive?
+
sumodaz
post 20.Feb.2013, 02:45 PM
Post #9

If you do set up a club in Gothenburg, let me know. I too would be interested in joining.
+
Hamsterdam
post 20.Feb.2013, 07:39 PM
Post #10

Run the detector over the meat counters of any supermarket, it will beep like mad.
+
kemberlysaver
post 21.Feb.2013, 07:50 AM
Post #11

Here detectorall is also a good place to buy a metal detector, and there are different types for you to choose from , There are many kinds of detectors, such as handheld metal detectors, safety metal detectors, walk through metal detectors,and best gold metal detectors, X-Ray inspection systems and so on.
+
coralie1989
post 16.Apr.2013, 11:37 AM
Post #12

Among all the detecting activities, i think gold detecting is the most interesting one. It can not only help you to get a big fortune but also to relax both your body and mind.Next time you can pick up a gold detector and have a try. The metal detector sale is very popular on the internet.
+
coralie1989
post 27.Apr.2013, 10:33 AM
Post #13

Among all the detecting activities, gold metal detecting is the most interesting one. We can not only relax both our mind and body , but also find a big fortune if we are lucky enough. Next time if you feel bored, you can pick up a gold metal detector and have a try.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com