• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4   Reply to this topic

How come you joined "The Local"?

Curiosity phase 2

djmarko
post 11.Sep.2012, 10:30 AM
Post #46

why is this the case?? not saying Swedes should not be in this forum, as Swedes themselves are often labelled as ''immigrants'' , do i get a feeling that these 100% swedes are here to fight the cause??? or maybe participlate in healthy discussions or simply here to tell people to go back where they came from if they dont like how things work over here?? confused!!
Go to the top of the page
+
John.Smith
post 11.Sep.2012, 10:53 AM
Post #47

What forum have you been participating in????
+
mångk
post 11.Sep.2012, 11:55 AM
Post #48

QUOTE (byke @ 11.Sep.2012, 08:53 AM) *
Just for the record, I think you may find that some of the most prolific posters on here at the moment are actually 100% Swedish.

Yes Trow you have uncovered yet another conspiracy!

The most prolific posters that have something 'positive' to say about Sweden are actually members of the government who are required to post 'positive' things about Sweden to enhance its reputation in the english speaking world because The Local forum is of such vital importance!

Freja was actually Mona Salin - we had to get rid of her due to the damage she caused! laugh.gif
+
byke
post 11.Sep.2012, 12:10 PM
Post #49

Your bordering on a official complaint being made against you.
Its one thing to object to a persons stance, its another thing completely to target a specific poster and look to name call and defame, regardless of comment.
+
Ratamahatta
post 11.Dec.2012, 01:35 PM
Post #50

I found TL when I was trying to find info from google about moving to Sweden. Tried first in Finnish but then figured out that I rather read experiences from other nationalities as well.
I lured my husband to move from Sweden to Finland some years ago. Now he had enough of Finland… Well being frank, so did I. So we’re planning to move to Sweden in few years (before the kids reach school age).
Been only quickly browsing through the topics here but so far seems to be a great place to find out about family life, working, housing etc. in Sweden.
+
Hisingen
post 11.Dec.2012, 02:05 PM
Post #51

QUOTE (Ratamahatta @ 11.Dec.2012, 01:35 PM) *
. . . . Been only quickly browsing through the topics here but so far seems to be a great place to find out about family life, working, housing etc. in Sweden.

It is also the best place to find the moaners and whiners, those waiting and wondering why no PUT etc plus trolls, anti Swedes, anti Brits, anti- just about everything.
Yes - and a computer system that works when there is an X in the month, with censoring moderators who take out profanities from comments, but allow it in front page articles.
You will, on occasion find humour and levity, but not often. There are too many asking for help that is available to them via the Internet, but they seem too lazy to dig. Of course everything must be served up on a plate, or it isn't acceptable.
The Local - yes, very local, and becoming more and more a place for folks to relieve themselves on.

Oh you might get the odd piece of interesting news now and then, which rapidly gets lost when a troll changes the topic.
A self-raising forum ! ! ! !
+
Ratamahatta
post 11.Dec.2012, 02:24 PM
Post #52

^I must say that I was quite surprised how much I found whining after a very quick check out. It sounded like they were all talking about Finland. My hubby on the other hand makes Sweden sound pretty awesome compared to Finland. Can’t wait to move there, really.
Mean while gotta take more swedish courses here as my elementary school -swedish is totally rusty.
+
Svensksmith
post 11.Dec.2012, 03:15 PM
Post #53

Don't judge Sweden by this forum.
+
Hisingen
post 11.Dec.2012, 06:01 PM
Post #54

Quite true.
There are very few actual Swedes who appear here, mostly the aforesaid whiners from other countries who complain because Sweden is 'not like home' wherever that may be.
Sweden is what it is, a lovely country, not too unlike Finland geographically speaking, not language-wise though. The people are Swedes, bashed by many on here, but are in fact a very nice people if you are prepared to meet them half way. Bureaucratic, perhaps, love the paperwork, and will have committees to serve under committees ad infinitum, but since the breakdown of the Iron Curtain and the advent of the EU are experiencing a certain immigration that is changing attitudes and outlooks.
You can't change the country, but you will find some changes in the people, for both good and bad. But then, that is applicable almost everywhere you go today.
Anyway - after 50 years here I am not planning to leave. So - kippis ja kulaus.
+
byke
post 11.Dec.2012, 06:41 PM
Post #55

I personally find the people who moan the most, are the people moaning about other users.
If they simply tried to be part of the conversation, rather than looking to winge about what subjects were being discussed. Then they wouldn't be the hypocritics that they are.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 11.Dec.2012, 08:04 PM
Post #56

Byke!...Complaining about hypocrites!...That's a good one! laugh.gif
+
Hisingen
post 11.Dec.2012, 08:37 PM
Post #57

Too right, the biggest moaner of all.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
+
Flutterbye
post 12.Dec.2012, 11:26 AM
Post #58

Been racking brains but can't honestly remember where I found this site, maybe was just "clicking" around one day.
Decided to join and read articles as I am very fond of Sweden and have visited on many occasions.
Got friendly through work with a Swede.
Attached Image
+

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options