• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Done with interview on tuesday

Got email today wednesday

rado
post 27.Sep.2012, 01:21 AM
Post #1

Hello
I am a non EU citizen , I have applied for SAMBO resident permit in june and was interviewed yesterday at a swedish mission abroad here , today afternoon could it be rejection since they didnt contact my SAMBO yet ?

> Ditt ärende har nu avgjorts.
>
> Kontakta den svenska ambassad/konsulat som du angivit i din ansökan för att ta emot beslutet.
>
> Kontakta någon av Migrationsverkets tillståndsenheter i Sverige om du
> ansökt om förlängning av ett uppehålls- och/eller arbetstillstånd och befinner dig i Sverige.
> är före detta asylsökande eller student och har sökt uppehålls- och/eller arbetstillstånd och fortfarande befinner dig i landet.
>
>
> Uppehållstillståndskort
> Som bevis på ditt tillstånd kommer du att få ett uppehållstillståndskort.
>
> Om du befinner dig i Sverige
> och redan fotograferats och lämnat fingeravtryck på någon av Migrationsverkets enheter kommer ditt kort att skickas till din adress i Sverige inom en vecka.
>
>
> och inte fotograferats och lämnat fingeravtryck vid någon av Migrationsverkets enheter måste vi först tillverka ditt kort. Vi ber dig därför att snarast uppsöka någon av våra tillståndsenheter. Kortet kommer därefter att skickas till din adress i Sverige inom några veckor.
>
>
> Om du fått ett uppehållstillstånd som gäller mer än ett år, måste du ta med uppehållstillståndskortet till Skatteverket om du ska folkbokföra dig.
>
>
> Om du befinner dig utanför Sverige
> och redan fotograferats och lämnat fingeravtryck vid en svensk utlandsmyndighet (ambassad eller konsulat) får du ditt kort genom den svenska utlandsmyndighet som du uppgivit i din ansökan. Om du är folkbokförd på en adress i Sverige skickas kortet till den adressen.
>
>
> och ännu inte fotograferats och lämnat fingeravtryck vid en svensk utlandsmyndighet (ambassad eller konsulat) måste ditt kort först tillverkas. Vi ber dig därför att så fort du kan uppsöka den svenska utlandsmyndighet, som du uppgivit i din ansökan, för att lämna fingeravtryck och bli fotograferad. Du kommer sedan att få ditt uppehållstillståndskort genom utlandsmyndigheten. Om du är folkbokförd på en adress i Sverige skickas kortet till den adressen.
>
>
>
> Om du är EU/EES-medborgare och har ansökt om registrering av din uppehållsrätt kommer du att få besked med post till den adress du angivit. Du behöver inte kontakta Migrationsverket.
>
> Med vänlig hälsning
>
>
> Your case has now been settled.
> Contact the Swedish embassy/consulate that you specified in your application to receive the decision.
>
> Contact any of the Migration Board's permit units in Sweden if you
> applied for an extension of your residence and/or work permit and are in Sweden.
> are a former asylum seeker or a student, and have applied for a residence and/or work permit and are in Sweden.
>
>
> Residence permit card
> As proof of your right of residence in Sweden you will be issued with a residence permit card.
>
> If you are in Sweden
> and already have attended one of our units to have your photograph and fingerprints taken, your card will be sent to your address in Sweden in about a week?s time.
>
>
> and have not attended one of our units to have your photograph and fingerprints taken, your card needs to be produced. We kindly ask you to attend one of our units as soon as possible to have your photograph and fingerprints taken. The card will be sent to your address in Sweden in a few weeks? time.
>
>
> If you have been granted a permission to stay in Sweden for more than one year you can visit Skatteverket (the Swedish Tax Agency) to register. You have to bring the residence permit card.
>
>
> If you are outside Sweden
> and already have attended the Swedish embassy (mission abroad) to have your photograph and fingerprints taken, you will get your card from the Swedish embassy that you have noted in your application. If you are registered at an address in Sweden your card will be sent to that address.
>
>
> and have not attended the Swedish embassy (mission abroad) to have your photograph and fingerprints taken, your card needs to be produced. We kindly ask you to attend the Swedish embassy that you have noted in your application as soon as possible to have your photograph and fingerprints taken. If you are registered at an address in Sweden your card will be sent to that address.
>
>
> If you are an EU/EEA citizen and have applied for registration of your right of residence, you will receive a notice by post to the address you stated. You do not need to contact the Migration Board.
>
> Yours sincerely,
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 27.Sep.2012, 01:31 AM
Post #2

The information from the Migration Board does not say if your application was approvced or not.

If you applied online your fiance should have answered questions about you and your relationship shortly after you submitted your application. Sometimes that is enough and an oral interview with your fiance is not necessary to make a decision. Call the Swedish mission tomorrow and ask what the decision is.
+
rado
post 27.Sep.2012, 01:46 AM
Post #3

aha thank you I was going to call my fiance and tell her that my application might have got rejected but its better to check tomorrow at the embassy before doing that.
+
Puffin
post 27.Sep.2012, 09:30 AM
Post #4

If the letter you have in quotation is the one they sent you it sounds a little as though you may have been approved as it talks about taking finger-prints/photos in order to process your residence card - but I don't know if this is a standard letter that everyone gets - but it does seem strange to talk about processing a residence card if there is not going to be one! But who knows with MV?

However I don't want to get your hopes up unnecessarily - so call the embassy/handläggare
+
rado
post 28.Sep.2012, 07:27 AM
Post #5

hello
I got a resident permit for 2 years, now I have to travel to a near by country embassy and do the biometric things.
I hope it doesn't take too much time to issue the UT card.
+
Case officer
post 29.Sep.2012, 07:51 AM
Post #6

Congratulations and welcome to Sweden! When you have been photographed and submitted your fingerprints at the Swedish embassy it may take 2-3 weeks for the card to arrive to the embassy. You need the card and your passport to enter Sweden.
+
rado
post 29.Sep.2012, 11:42 AM
Post #7

thanks , that's what they told me and they added that they can send it to the Swedish Council in my country so i do not have to travel another time to get it which is a good news.
+
rado
post 30.Sep.2012, 03:06 PM
Post #8

should I take something else other than my passport to the embassy ?
+
vilho951
post 2.Oct.2012, 10:12 PM
Post #9

Congrats Rado,

Do let us know when you applied and what was your total waiting time.

As per my understanding, you just need your passport to carry while going for biometrics and Photograph.

To be sure, just call them and confirm.
+
rado
post 3.Oct.2012, 10:23 AM
Post #10

-fill up E-application in the middle of june
-got email to set appointment for interview in 10 sep
-had interview in 25 sep
-decision sent the next day

I thought it will take like 9 months so i signed a job contract here in my country , no i have to find a way to finish it off.
+
vilho951
post 3.Oct.2012, 08:19 PM
Post #11

Thanks @Rado.

I thought Interview for dependent Visa are not happening now.. or am i getting confused between Sambo and Dependent Visa (for spouse of people coming to sweden on work permit).

I think both are same, please correct me if I am wrong.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN