• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Are Canadians the most friendly people on earth?

Comparing them with Swedes

leadguitar
post 5.Oct.2012, 11:05 AM
Post #1

I have recently been totally into watching "Just For Laughs" in youtube. They are many many hidden cam situations and not only they are hilarious, it shows people's real reaction in strange or annoying situations in real life. I can't believe how
nice tempered and friendly Canadians are in these series. Most of them are very tolerant and they seem to be happy you know? And in the end they are smiling with surprise. I've never been to Canada but I've come to conclusion that Canadians gotta be really friendly people. I wonder what would happen if a similar Just for Laughs program would have occurred in Sweden!!! with these peoples temper. I've actually never seen a Hidden Cam program from Sweden what so ever. What you think?
Go to the top of the page
+
chazza
post 5.Oct.2012, 11:15 AM
Post #2

It all depends on who is editing the film cool.gif
+
Migga
post 5.Oct.2012, 12:22 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (leadguitar @ 5.Oct.2012, 11:05 AM) *
I have recently been totally into watching "Just For Laughs" in youtube. They are many many hidden cam situations and not only they are hilarious, it shows people ... (show full quote)

There have been similare shows in Sweden like the Just for Laughs program.

Pensionärjävlar - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ainp5ixsBSo...feature=related
Ballar av stål - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwwGii6gMss...;feature=relmfu
Nu blåser vi Sverige - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCiZ62j5T04

If you want a program about reactions on more serious situations then there is one that is similare to the american show What would you do?

På bar gärning - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMX8FNyCqL0
+
Lilyyazz
post 5.Oct.2012, 03:08 PM
Post #4

.Most people in Canada are really nice, friendly, and tolerant. As a Canadian, I believe we are most friendly people on earth but I can be bit biased you know smile.gif. Don't take my words, visit canada and see it with your own eyes. I'm in sweden and I can tell you that it is very hard to run into smilling friendly people here. This has been my experience so far.

Did you see the video where the guys wore Arab clothes and performed muslim prayer behind cars parked infron of convenience store. Try doing similar thing in sweden or the states and see how people react.
+
Brahmall
post 5.Oct.2012, 03:46 PM
Post #5

Canadians are probably just friendly in comparison. If you lived next door to the loud ignorant guy that's all ways picking fights with everyone else on the block you would probably come across as the "nice guy" regardless of how you acted laugh.gif
+
Hisingen
post 5.Oct.2012, 06:17 PM
Post #6

How would you rate scumbag steve on another thread under 'Life in Sweden', then?
He is hardly a loveable character, I would think. But then it is more than doubtful that he is a typical Canadian.
+
Camorin
post 5.Oct.2012, 08:39 PM
Post #7

I was in Canada for 4 months and I found the people very friendly and tolerant. Before visiting this great country, my life in Sweden seemed just fine. Now I feel like that I lack something here especially in Stockholm.. That being said I must say that although people are warm, tolerant and friendly, the system, laws and business in Canada are not as good and more market friendly than people- friendy.

Recent examples include laws that don't protect vulnerable people including deaths of staff at petrol bunks (due to employers demanding that employees pay from their own pockets when someone flees without paying) . You then have
1)The tar sands,
2) The asbestos companies were allowed to still employ workers under dangerous conditions and continued to export to developing countries. This was only banned recently and even then not by the government but by other means (this inspite all asbestos in the vicinity of the parliament grounds was removed hastily a few years ago when it was found to be dangerous )
3) Canada drew from the Kyoto Protocol and has often since the Harper Government came to power not signed resolutions that support human rights in Palestine and other problematic zones due to vested interests.
4) Not enough laws protect the rights of employees as in Sweden. Only 2 weeks mandatory vacation. Subsidised health care but parental leave is much less.

I don't understand this contrast between how the people are and the government they elect. I don't like Harper.
+
jostein
post 5.Oct.2012, 09:19 PM
Post #8

Hm, uh, ah, eh, hm, here is an idea. Why dont you people move to canada then? Briliant, eh? You people get to live with people you like. Us swedes get rid of a swedehating fifth column. And hopefully the canadians get some good workers? Win-win-win?
+
byke
post 6.Oct.2012, 01:28 PM
Post #9

jostein,
How is praising one area of the world "swedehating" ?

If you really wish to stand by your moral convictions and see such segregation, based on these cultural indifferences, you claim. Then the first thing I would do is remove yourself from said board. As it would be hypocritical for you to be an active member of a group consisting of values such as language that is indifferent from what you class as native.

#Hej Då
+
ttrs_d
post 6.Oct.2012, 01:45 PM
Post #10

I have been around Canadians through school. Great people, shy in their own way, but very sociable and they have good manners. I would say there is something in common between Canadians and Swedes. I can't put my finger on it, but it has to do with the shyness bit.

@josien,

A psychologist might be good sometime cool.gif
+
Svensksmith
post 6.Oct.2012, 06:38 PM
Post #11

I find Martians to be rather secretive.
+
byke
post 6.Oct.2012, 07:38 PM
Post #12

Are you saying that people from Mauritius sweat a lot?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 6.Oct.2012, 07:51 PM
Post #13

laugh.gif
+
SergioSver
post 7.Oct.2012, 06:35 AM
Post #14

nice tempered and friendly Canadians are in these series. Most of them are very tolerant and they seem to be happy you know? And in the end they are smiling with surprise. I've never been to Canada but I've come to conclusion that Canadians gotta be really friendly people.

Yeah I would agree. They are actually in my opinion more open minded compared with Swedish people. I think that Canada does not have any Rinkeby, or Tensta in Swedish sense.

Do you know for instance that the mayor of one of the largest and most important city in Canada- Calgary is a Muslim?
Would it be possible for him to be elected in Sweden in one of the largest cities? I doubt it sad.gif
+
Migga
post 7.Oct.2012, 10:58 AM
Post #15

Canadians are people, they have good sides and bad sides. They are better at some things and worse at others. They aren`t friendly all the time;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VzOUKODdZ4

In Canada there are troubled areas just like in Sweden. But just because people don`t know about North Central Regina, West Side Saskatoon, North End Winnipeg, North End Edmonton and Downtown East Side Vancouver it doesn`t mean they don`t exist. All countries have issues, some are better at some things and other countries are better at other things. Sweden and Canada is no different, no matter their pros.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com