• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

What should I do now?

Work permit

zebi
post 25.Oct.2012, 01:47 AM
Post #1

Hi to all,

I would be very thankful if someone else in this forum provides me a satisfactory reply as I am seeking it for a long period of time. in january 2011 I got work permit from a restaurant and unfortunately the restaurant was sold to another employer who was from china. I paid my tax for two months from this restaurant. After this I worked, till now, with 4 different employers and paid my tax from these employers on the salary of 14000 sek per month. From january 2011 till now I regularly contributed my tax but from different employers. Now finally i got permanent employment from an other employer (the fifth one). My salary will be 16000 sek per month form this salary.
Still my old work permit is valid up till now and it will expires in december 2013.
should I apply for new work permit or can i continue the old one and pay my tax and will get extension after 2013?? and if i apply for new permit from this new employer then should i go to my country back and apply there in case i have still 13 months valid visa but from the old employer?
migration board mentioned on its website that the first two years u are bond with employer.

I will be happy if migration board counts my previous months and in this case i would be able to apply my extension after 14 months.

please write me what will happen in my situation

regards,
moon
Go to the top of the page
+
Kibiri
post 25.Oct.2012, 12:56 PM
Post #2

If your permit is bound to the employer, you should apply new permit for the new employer. But you are allowed to stay in Sweden and keep working while your new application is being processed.
+
Yorkshireman
post 2.Nov.2012, 09:34 AM
Post #3

Every business in one form or another has an identity number (Reg Nr.). Just because the Owner of the business has changed, does not always mean the Employer has changed!. In the majority of cases it is the Company that is employing You not the Owner of the company directly.

Check your pay advice, it should have the the companies Reg Nr. on it, if it is the same as before ... the employer has not changed. If it is different, drop a message to Migrationsverket that the owner of the company changed and/or the employer was taken over by someone new. Under Swedish employment law, when a business is sold, the jobs go with it unchanged wink.gif Migrationsverket will in most cases continue to treat it as same employer, a continuation on your permit. If the company name changed, they need to know this also. It will be fine smile.gif
+
zebi
post 2.Nov.2012, 12:40 PM
Post #4

thanks for the replies. my case is more simply like in in this way. I have work permit from one company and the company name is printed on my work permit and permit is valid till 2013 in december. This restaurant is sold out and after this i worked with 5 different employers and paid my taxes regularly. Now i am working in one restaurant in Slussen, stockholm and this employer wrote a contract for me for unlimited period of time but i am not sending it to migration board because i am thinking that,,,,,

can migration board continue my previous work permit?? and if migration allows me then i am happy because after at least one year i will apply for my extension otherwise again i will i have to wait for two year.

please contact me on my email address : jahanzeb_6 @yahoo.com
+
Pursuivant
post 5.Nov.2012, 03:59 PM
Post #5

- Your work permit is bound to the employer? Yes.
- Do you work for this employer? No
So in other words, you have been working illegally. That permit is valid until January for that employer, not any other employer. You should inform the MV when the employer changes if the permit bound to the employer.
+
litingtingsmile
post 6.Nov.2012, 10:39 AM
Post #6

thanks for such a nice for such a nice post.
+
Pursuivant
post 8.Nov.2012, 05:48 PM
Post #7

Not my problem you get yourself to trouble with the MV all by yourself.
+
zebi
post 11.Nov.2012, 12:44 AM
Post #8

hi,

thanks for all people who contributed to my stated post. Two days before I have applied for a new application and migrationbaord has accepted my application and my all worries are over now. Based on my tax salaries the matter was resolved my the migration board.
thanks again for all contributor especially YORK!

Rgards,

moon
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN