• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

How come this country’s women are only interested

In American, Swedish, British and/or black guys?

simply_me
post 4.Nov.2012, 05:29 PM
Post #1

Hello all,
I've been in Sweden for a little more than 2 years now and I’ll be gone soon enough but I still have some issues for which I could never find an answer. Although it’s not really my thing and I rarely drink alcohol, I was almost dragged by force to a few bars and clubs during week-ends by classmates and I noticed some things in those places. I've seen that local women are only interested in guys of certain nationalities. In other words as a guys you only have success if you’re American, British, Swedish or black.

I’m not at all interested in such matters for myself because women and relationships in general are not even close to being on my list of priorities and my only interest in Sweden was my Master’s program and since I just had my defense I’ll be going home quite soon but … Why is that? How come women here are only interested in the above mentioned nationalities?
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 4.Nov.2012, 05:35 PM
Post #2

I think this a rather gross generalisation

I think some Swedes gravitate to native English speakers just to pratise their English
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 4.Nov.2012, 05:58 PM
Post #3

"Why is that? How come women here are only interested in the above mentioned nationalities?"

Why not ask a Swedish women in person?...You know...up close and personal...then she might show interest in you.
+
johnjohn
post 4.Nov.2012, 06:05 PM
Post #4

Patently obvious why in regards to blacks. Haven't a clue about the others.
+
byke
post 4.Nov.2012, 06:11 PM
Post #5

*Pinch of Salt.

#World-Of-Warcraft-Is-4-Nerds
+
simply_me
post 4.Nov.2012, 06:17 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 4.Nov.2012, 05:58 PM) *
"Why is that? How come women here are only interested in the above mentioned nationalities?"Why not ask a Swedish women in person?...You know...up close and personal ... (show full quote)

I would have asked a woman but I don't really know any women in this country. The department in which I took my diploma was mostly "inhabited" by men. And I'm not sure they're even aware of it. Another curiosity of mine was why swedes (males this time) don't shake hands when they meet, that being extremely common where I come from. And when I asked a colleague he wasn't even aware why they don't do it. His answer was something like "we don't shake hands? I didn't notice". It may be in their subconscious mind their attraction to certain nationalities?
+
byke
post 4.Nov.2012, 06:28 PM
Post #7

#Rosetta-Stone-FTW
+
Migga
post 4.Nov.2012, 08:10 PM
Post #8

So you visited a few bars and based on that you know that all swedish women are interested in american, swedish, british and black men? You are now wondering why?

I`d say that you are very narrowminded and have very little experience. But let`s say things are like you said. Why do you think it`s like that?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 4.Nov.2012, 08:15 PM
Post #9

I don't think he Trolls the Pubs as well as he Trolls here. laugh.gif
+
byke
post 4.Nov.2012, 08:17 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Migga @ 4.Nov.2012, 08:10 PM) *
But let`s say things are like you said. Why do you think it`s like that?

Penis size
+
Svensksmith
post 4.Nov.2012, 08:17 PM
Post #11

Maybe it's just simply_you.
+
simply_me
post 4.Nov.2012, 09:01 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Migga @ 4.Nov.2012, 08:10 PM) *
So you visited a few bars and based on that you know that all swedish women are interested in american, swedish, british and black men? You are now wondering why? I`d say ... (show full quote)

It's not a matter of being narrowminded or having very little experience because I did mention I have no interest in finding someone here since I have a one-way plane ticket waiting for me. It was just a personal curiosity that will be left behind soon enough. And FYI I never concluded anything based on my few visits to bars, I drew a conclusion based mostly on what I've heard from others that lived in this country far longer than me - people who are here on a permanent basis. Maybe I didn't manage to make my question clear enough ... I just wanted to know if it's true or not. Simple as that.
+
jack sprat
post 4.Nov.2012, 09:05 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 4.Nov.2012, 05:58 PM) *
"Why is that? How come women here are only interested in the above mentioned nationalities?"Why not ask a Swedish women in person?...You know...up close and personal ... (show full quote)

Unfortunately Gamla old son, it may be a tad over-generalised, but overall it is very much the case and that's straight from the fillies mouths, wether you like it or not, so please don't bother replying with your usual tirade of personal abuse, because you find it too hard to stomach.

Yanks,Brits and Ozzies are generally looked upon as Trophies, whilst the sad miserable Swedes are the Booby prizes.

Little wonder so many of them have to toddle of to Thailand and buy themselves a stick insect to satisfy their needs. cool.gif
+
simply_me
post 4.Nov.2012, 09:22 PM
Post #14

I see your point. I guess it sucks being a student of science or engineering laugh.gif Not so many good looking women in research. Except in James Bond movies. Those always seem to have a 20 year old rocket scientist who looks like a fashion model.
+
Migga
post 4.Nov.2012, 09:32 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (simply_me @ 4.Nov.2012, 08:01 PM) *
It's not a matter of being narrowminded or having very little experience because I did mention I have no interest in finding someone here since I have a one-way plane tick ... (show full quote)

So you have no interest in swedish women but you are curious enough to go online and start a thread about them? Given the information in your opening post I took it as your few bar visits was the base of your question, not hearsay from acquaintances.

If I should simplify things and answer your question then yes it`s true and no it`s not. Some swedish women like `mericans, some like africans, some like asians, some like swedish and some like europeans. If swedish women are more prone to date men from a certain group then I think it`s because there`s more ties or connections between those groups then other groups. Be it cultural, historical, geographical, social, educational, ethnical, traditional or some other "al". Nothing to ponder to much about in my opinion.
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN