• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

Predictions Presidential Race 2012

USA election- 2012

Svensksmith
post 6.Nov.2012, 02:01 AM
Post #16

There already is a world filled with war, poverty, destruction and racism.
Go to the top of the page
+
Investor612
post 6.Nov.2012, 02:44 AM
Post #17

1. I wonder how stupid someone has to be to think electing Reagan indicates American stupidity?

2. Being a taxpayer and having some assets, I'm concerned about some things that don't seem to bother Woww and johnjohn. First and foremost is that Obama has added more to the American national debt in 4 years than the profligate Bush did in 8. Somehow a future as a giant Greece doesn't look very good. I don't know if Romney and Ryan can alter the course of the nation enough to avoid financial collapse, but after 3 years of no budget, and 4 years of trillion dollar plus deficits, I know Obama and Biden won't even try.

I don't have a clue who will win tomorrow. The nation is deeply divided, the polls are all within the margin or error, the electoral college possibilities many. An election so close that takes days to determine, or a 5 point win either way, none would surprise me.
+
djmarko
post 6.Nov.2012, 09:14 AM
Post #18

Going by the various polls, it will be pretty close, Obama might just edge it, really nail biting stuff tonight!!!
+
organic225
post 6.Nov.2012, 03:27 PM
Post #19

"If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it."
-Mark Twain
+
Baned
post 6.Nov.2012, 03:49 PM
Post #20

Obama/Biden 2012!
+
sometimesinsweden
post 6.Nov.2012, 04:43 PM
Post #21

With Guantanamo Bay closed down, the world economy sorted, peace in the Middle East and the end of poverty round the world, as Obama promised in his last election campaign, the US would be mad to not vote for him.
+
johnjohn
post 6.Nov.2012, 04:49 PM
Post #22

I voted for Obama this election...several times!
+
skogsbo
post 6.Nov.2012, 04:56 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (sometimesinsweden @ 6.Nov.2012, 04:43 PM) *
With Guantanamo Bay closed down, the world economy sorted, peace in the Middle East and the end of poverty round the world, as Obama promised in his last election campaign, th ... (show full quote)

that's the thing he promised the world, and couldn't even deliver one country. It's like the UK lib dems, they claimed the world, knowing they'll never be in power, then suddenly they are in a coalition and realise that delivering all those ideals isn't quite so straight forward as talking about them!

I think Romney will win, not my much though.
+
sometimesinsweden
post 6.Nov.2012, 04:58 PM
Post #24

Always find it odd when Europeans tell Americans who they should be voting for and that they're stupid if they don't follow suit.

Because we've got such a good record of who we've voted in as our leaders over the years...
+
skogsbo
post 6.Nov.2012, 05:20 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (sometimesinsweden @ 6.Nov.2012, 04:58 PM) *
Always find it odd when Europeans tell Americans who they should be voting for and that they're stupid if they don't follow suit.

so true, look at the clowns I indirectly voted for in the UK, sometimes 'none of the above' is the best choice! Whilst the PR hype is all about the president, I presume and hope the US citizens vote for local folk, about local issues. Which how it ideally is supposed to work, above and beyond party politics. Doesn't quite work in the UK and Sweden isn't going to get any better the way the vote spread is going.
+
sometimesinsweden
post 6.Nov.2012, 05:25 PM
Post #26

Yeah, went with the missus for dinner with her friends the other night, who happened to be a right-on German couple and the US elections came up in conversation. Sprayed a mouthful of red wine over the table as the woman announced that 'a mad-man like George Bush would never get voted-in in Germany'.
+
Woww
post 6.Nov.2012, 05:33 PM
Post #27

Good comments guys. FYI Investor61 or whatever your name was, I have plenty of assets. I actually vote along side of the issues I believe in, not just if/when I will have to pa more taxes or not.(Classic GOP chance of whining when they have to actually pay for stuff they want access too...aka roads, SS benefits, medicare when they are older! police protection etc. Makes me laugh when I hear this from them) The thing is the GOP base for the most part, don't even understand their own party platform (yes they supposedly have one, yet no one has heard what it is yet.) and vote into office people who do them harm versus good. Good job Tea Party helping out your constituents. You haven't done NADA except make their lives infinitely worse! Always makes me chuckle as it kind of reiterates as to the mental aptitude of much of their base. The party of fear only works on weak minds.(Enter majority of GOP base) Anyhow, the debt...I can not believe people actually still don't realize the lion's share came from stuff that was not even on the books(Yes I know ACCOUNTING...facts...people tend to shy away from them when they want to fool themselves into thinking otherwise to make them feel good) yet when Obama took office! Hmm let's see...two wars without raising taxes...yeah those things just pay for themselves right? Do some homework Son! Once the economy gets humming again the debt will be wiped out. People fail to realize it can take 8-10 years to get it going again. This isn't some tiny wind up car engine of a country that get's going fast. It is huge. Biggest economy in the world...it takes time.

Obama/Biden 2012! Biden/Kaine 2016!

Nate Silver has them winning at a 91% odds chance. Read up boys/girls

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/
+
skogsbo
post 6.Nov.2012, 05:42 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (Woww @ 6.Nov.2012, 05:33 PM) *
. People fail to realize it can take 8-10 years to get it going again. This isn't some tiny wind up car engine of a country that get's going fast. It is huge. Biggest ... (show full quote)

I agree, things take time, more than 1 term. But then Obama shouldn't have made such bold 100 day pledges. Don't promise what you can't deliver, otherwise your credibility goes with it. Better to promise little and over deliver than the opposite.
+
johnjohn
post 6.Nov.2012, 05:46 PM
Post #29

QUOTE (sometimesinsweden @ 6.Nov.2012, 04:25 PM) *
Yeah, went with the missus for dinner with her friends the other night, who happened to be a right-on German couple and the US elections came up in conversation. Sprayed a mou ... (show full quote)

They certainly did vote in a mad-man like Bush but more charismatic.
+
skogsbo
post 6.Nov.2012, 05:53 PM
Post #30

I've never heard Merkel called that before!
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists
Click here for the full job description