Reply to this topic

Addresses for family doctors

Help to find sites with addresses

lkaviere
post 7.Nov.2012, 12:54 PM
Post #1

I can' t find the site with family doctors' addresses inthe biggest cities of Sweden, maybe someone can help me with that..
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 7.Nov.2012, 01:20 PM
Post #2

You can usually find a list of healthcare centres (vårdcentral) on the Health Authority sites for the regions/cities you are interested in under landsting

Or in the yellow pages phone book (gula sidorna)
+
lkaviere
post 7.Nov.2012, 01:29 PM
Post #3

Thank you very much, I' ll try this
+
lkaviere
post 7.Nov.2012, 01:39 PM
Post #4

How is family doctor in Swedish?
+
Puffin
post 7.Nov.2012, 08:11 PM
Post #5

Family Doctors tend to work in community healthcare centres called Vårdcentral where several doctors, community nurses, midwives and physiotherapists - sometimes others as wll such as dieticians/phlebotomists/dentists/psychologists etc all work together

Family doctors are often called Distriktsläkare - district doctor
+
Emerentia
post 8.Nov.2012, 02:50 PM
Post #6

Try this: http://www.doktorsguiden.se/ Where it says "Postnummer eller ort" you type your area code or the name of the place and you will get a list of doctors in that area. You could choose "Allmänmedicin" and "Stockholm" for exemple and get a list of those. http://www.doktorsguiden.se/sok?search-api...place=Stockholm
+
Puffin
post 8.Nov.2012, 07:39 PM
Post #7

Not all allmänläkare work as family doctors but in a huge number of roles of which family GP roles is just one together with hospital A&E, schools, colleges disability work, geriatrics in old peoples homes and as company doctors etc
+
Beavis
post 8.Nov.2012, 09:34 PM
Post #8

would skip Vårdcentral altogether- impossible to get times and give awful informaton in cases of even emergency - the standard answer is "wait and see if it gets better" even with infants-its not worth the risk- either use a private doctor (and all the red swedes go booo) or go straight to the hospital. I waited 2 days to see a private doctor instead of the 5 weeks at Vårdcentral..if Id have waited id be in a serious way.
+
jasminealcala
post 9.Nov.2012, 07:00 AM
Post #9

I agree. Healthcare Centers can help you with your problem.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement