• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Addresses for family doctors

Help to find sites with addresses

lkaviere
post 7.Nov.2012, 12:54 PM
Post #1

I can' t find the site with family doctors' addresses inthe biggest cities of Sweden, maybe someone can help me with that..
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 7.Nov.2012, 01:20 PM
Post #2

You can usually find a list of healthcare centres (vårdcentral) on the Health Authority sites for the regions/cities you are interested in under landsting

Or in the yellow pages phone book (gula sidorna)
+
lkaviere
post 7.Nov.2012, 01:29 PM
Post #3

Thank you very much, I' ll try this
+
lkaviere
post 7.Nov.2012, 01:39 PM
Post #4

How is family doctor in Swedish?
+
Puffin
post 7.Nov.2012, 08:11 PM
Post #5

Family Doctors tend to work in community healthcare centres called Vårdcentral where several doctors, community nurses, midwives and physiotherapists - sometimes others as wll such as dieticians/phlebotomists/dentists/psychologists etc all work together

Family doctors are often called Distriktsläkare - district doctor
+
Emerentia
post 8.Nov.2012, 02:50 PM
Post #6

Try this: http://www.doktorsguiden.se/ Where it says "Postnummer eller ort" you type your area code or the name of the place and you will get a list of doctors in that area. You could choose "Allmänmedicin" and "Stockholm" for exemple and get a list of those. http://www.doktorsguiden.se/sok?search-api...place=Stockholm
+
Puffin
post 8.Nov.2012, 07:39 PM
Post #7

Not all allmänläkare work as family doctors but in a huge number of roles of which family GP roles is just one together with hospital A&E, schools, colleges disability work, geriatrics in old peoples homes and as company doctors etc
+
Beavis
post 8.Nov.2012, 09:34 PM
Post #8

would skip Vårdcentral altogether- impossible to get times and give awful informaton in cases of even emergency - the standard answer is "wait and see if it gets better" even with infants-its not worth the risk- either use a private doctor (and all the red swedes go booo) or go straight to the hospital. I waited 2 days to see a private doctor instead of the 5 weeks at Vårdcentral..if Id have waited id be in a serious way.
+
jasminealcala
post 9.Nov.2012, 07:00 AM
Post #9

I agree. Healthcare Centers can help you with your problem.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com