• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Just for the show?

This forum and racism

ffa11
post 7.Nov.2012, 05:05 PM
Post #1

It is interesting how nearly everyone on this forum claims 99 % of Swedes are racist, yet most of the Swedes believe otherwise and do not vote for SD and even loathe them. Discrimination may be widespread, which is a bad thing, BUT immigrants are given a lot of tax money through welfare benefits (I'm not claiming immigrants don't want to work) and refugees are given shelter and assistance.

Sweden also gives most aid to other countries based on GNI (OECD). Giving an average of 1% annually. Thats a lot of tax money.

It's taboo to speak of the fact that immigrants are overrepresented in crime statistics. Why is that?

Personally, I have had a lot of bad experiences with immigrants. It's absolutely not just immigrants facing racism and hate here in Sweden.

But we keep up with all of this just to look good? Really!?

Yet you guys at this forum (and often IRL) mostly shows scorn and even hatred for Swedes for other things than racism. You generalize like hell too. You constantly whine of how boring, dull, stupid and arrogant Swedes are. How pathetically small and insignificant Sweden is, how we dress. Isn't a bit racist? I would say so. I bet you wouldn't hire a Swede.

I think you should look yourself in the mirror.

How will Sweden look in 20 years with tensions like this?
Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 7.Nov.2012, 05:43 PM
Post #2

I hope that you realise that you will be slagged off by the regulars as if you do not have the same opinion as the elite on this site you will be called the magic word beginning with R. I wish you good luck.
+
johnjohn
post 7.Nov.2012, 05:49 PM
Post #3

I have been active on this forum on a daily basis for two years and can simply say your assertions are incorrect.
+
johnjohn
post 7.Nov.2012, 05:51 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 7.Nov.2012, 04:43 PM) *
I hope that you realise that you will be slagged off by the regulars as if you do not have the same opinion as the elite on this site you will be called the magic word beginni ... (show full quote)

Reprobate?
+
whoye
post 7.Nov.2012, 06:32 PM
Post #5

this is just pure b@llshit. this forum is full of white supremacist who do identify with swedes on their skin color and hate brown/black immigrants (although they are immigrants themselves). But again, it does not mean that there is no reverse racism and discrimination. ANd that is purely result of discrimination by a majority, which is on behalf of white swedes. Every scientific discipline related to this topic would tell you that.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 7.Nov.2012, 06:33 PM
Post #6

So?

What's wrong with rapscallion? cool.gif
+
ffa11
post 7.Nov.2012, 06:43 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (whoye @ 7.Nov.2012, 06:32 PM) *
this is just pure b@llshit. this forum is full of white supremacist who do identify with swedes on their skin color and hate brown/black immigrants (although they are immigran ... (show full quote)

Oh that's interesting observation. We're probably all biased to mostly see and remember the things that bothers us personally.

"ANd that is purely result of discrimination by a majority, which is on behalf of white swedes."
Are you realizing what you are implying by saying that?! You are saying that only white Swedes can be truly evil or racist. The rest are just acting on their bad experiences and would never do anything like that without being provoked, unlike white Swedish people. Sound like racism to me.
+
johnjohn
post 7.Nov.2012, 06:44 PM
Post #8

I think he meant raconteur.
+
ahm
post 7.Nov.2012, 07:07 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (johnjohn @ 7.Nov.2012, 04:49 PM) *
I have been active on this forum on a daily basis for two years and can simply say your assertions are incorrect.

Whos talking the bad clown ,Johnjohn,!!!

For just i presented my interest to change something , cause we are the new swedish (migrants),need more power and authorities ,You made a big mad noise in my articles ,.

I respected you up to last , i never know you , i didnt insulted you , i said discuss with me , but ur racism controlled and damaged your mind

The rules in Sweden is not A bible and me and any body can discuss and we can vote for proper politician to represent us nicely and respect my voice

Im not here to teach anyone , we are discussing and sharing our opinions with respect to each other ,

If you as a citizen can not bring your parents freely without any conditions , so where is your power ?

May be one of them need proper medical care or operation and you can not do anything for them!

Or may be they have another problems,,,,etc

So ,you as a swedish must have power to do the best for ur parents , i didnt said for ur uncles or cousins

If u johnjohn dont feel this , cause u dont have any problem affecting you, but may be any one will face this problem

And never say it will affect the system , cause its in USA like that

And , many sambos ,refugess SWEDEN stil accepting them , so why they accept if they dont have money or just this for a show!!!

I told guys that , we can talk without insulting or harnesses.

But really , i agree with article writer , that this FORUM still have more Racism , and its for SHOW

NOT for Real life affairs for citizens and residents of SWEDEN .

We need more and more democracy and to forget our races , cause we can together build more nice world .

We can talk and and respect the others opinion ,

So , if u agree you will put your opinion , and if u disagree you will put why and also respect others

So thats because the thing u r saying represent your culture and humanity .

So lets have more democracy in this FORUM and forget RACISM...

Thanks
+
whoye
post 7.Nov.2012, 07:12 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (ffa11 @ 7.Nov.2012, 06:43 PM) *
Oh that's interesting observation. We're probably all biased to mostly see and remember the things that bothers us personally."ANd that is purely result of discri ... (show full quote)

yes i do realize what i am saying; what i am saying is middle to high classes of today's sweden consist of white people. and they do have a means to discriminate. and so low class ghetto-immigrant could act his/her reverse racism in only limited ways. the same thing goes for the japanese, or sub-saharan africa or anywhere else for that matter. I did not say that only swedes could be "evil" (whatever that means) but then again there was no ghanian slave trade company who enslaved swedes and sell them around the world.
+
johnjohn
post 7.Nov.2012, 07:25 PM
Post #11

@ ahm, I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding if you thought my remarks in regards to your former post were racist as I have no clue of your racial background. It is the incomprehensible innately farcical dribble you spew that I find objectionable.
+
ffa11
post 7.Nov.2012, 07:32 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (whoye @ 7.Nov.2012, 07:12 PM) *
yes i do realize what i am saying; what i am saying is middle to high classes of today's sweden consist of white people. and they do have a means to discriminate. and so l ... (show full quote)

"could act his/her reverse racism in only limited ways" There's space for harassment, robberies, rape, assaults by immigrants against Swedes for selfish or racist reasons. The fact many immigrants do such things is NOT only because they are triggered by Swedish racism, far from! Do you agree?
+
Migga
post 7.Nov.2012, 07:38 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (whoye @ 7.Nov.2012, 05:32 PM) *
But again, it does not mean that there is no reverse racism and discrimination. ANd that is purely result of discrimination by a majority, which is on behalf of white swedes

What is "reverse racism"? Racism is racism. No matter who it comes from. Be it the minority or majority. But to say that racism amongst the minority is because of racism from the majority is laughable. Racism excists everywhere and comes from within. To put the blame on the majority for that is wrong. Just because one is a minority doesn`t mean that one is an innocent lamb who`s tainted by the majority.

I don`t belive people in general are racist, Swedes or anyone else. People stereotype and generalize alot but most of them are not racists or live their life thinking about peoples race. The word racism and racist has been overused and is so waterd down today that everyone is a racist.

But ofcourse there is racism, stereotyping and generalization going on. Everywhere. It takes its form in different ways in different countries. In some countries there are race riots and in others it`s institutional. The way I think we can overcome it is to talk about the problem as openly as possible. Not to abuse others to silence as soon as they say something. But as long as it`s taboo the problem will continue. The censurship going on about crime statistics is one example. If one doesn`t talk about it openly it will be used by racists and twisted.

I don`t think Sweden will be all that different in 20 years. Sweden had a similare situation in the 80-90s with refugees coming from eastern europe. It wasn`t easy then at first and if the discussion isn`t open then it will be hard. But I think that in the end it will come together.
+
Rima1985
post 7.Nov.2012, 07:45 PM
Post #14

Is it racist to say that most of the big inventions of the world are made by Europeans?
+
Migga
post 7.Nov.2012, 08:03 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (whoye @ 7.Nov.2012, 06:12 PM) *
yes i do realize what i am saying; what i am saying is middle to high classes of today's sweden consist of white people. and they do have a means to discriminate. and so l ... (show full quote)

The blame for racism in minority groups doesn`t lie with the majority, it lies within the group. The same goes the other way around. Racism amongst the majority isn`t because of the minority but because one chooses to. You are way to narrowminded if you think people can`t reflect for themselves and justs submits to circumstances. One can always decide if one want`s to be hatefull or not.

QUOTE (whoye @ 7.Nov.2012, 06:12 PM) *
I did not say that only swedes could be "evil" (whatever that means) but then again there was no ghanian slave trade company who enslaved swedes and sell them around the world.

Ah yes the colonial guilt argument. How far back in history should one go back to decide who is the most evil or racist? Are europeans and white people the only ones that`s been taking slaves? Have arabs been doing so? Africans? You don`t think Swedes have been taken as slaves? You don`t think Ghanaians have been taking slaves? The answer to those questions make it obvious that the argument is so shortsighted.
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN