• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Residence right of a working EU citizen's family

What is required to register?

Omicron
post 7.Nov.2012, 11:13 PM
Post #1

I am EU citizen and arrived moved to Sweden on a long-term job contract. My wife recently just joined me and I need to know the legal framework regarding residence permit as EU citizens. She has not started work yet, but presently attending SFI course.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 7.Nov.2012, 11:40 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Omicron @ 7.Nov.2012, 11:13 PM) *
I am EU citizen and arrived moved to Sweden on a long-term job contract. My wife recently just joined me and I need to know the legal framework regarding residence permit as E ... (show full quote)

Residence permits are granted under the Alien's act (Utlänningslag 2005:716). EU citizens can apply for residence permits but also have the option to register their right of residence if they intend to stay in Sweden for more than 90 days (Directive 2004/38/EC).
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com