• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Justice in Sweden

What has happened to this land

intrepidfox
post 9.Nov.2012, 10:57 PM
Post #1

http://www.gp.se/nyheter/goteborg/1.112232...rak-vid-sjukhus

Why is it that idiots can get away with what they want in this country. I dont care if they are white, black, yellow, pink or purple.

The justice system is a joke. Will people take the law into their own hands soon. I would if i cannot get proper justice.
Go to the top of the page
+
Hisingen
post 9.Nov.2012, 11:34 PM
Post #2

Slaps on the wrist all round. Now that is serious punishment, don't you agree ? ? ?
+
intrepidfox
post 9.Nov.2012, 11:53 PM
Post #3

I think that they should get many years in prison or do you want a ghetto where you can do as you will.
+
Hisingen
post 10.Nov.2012, 03:08 PM
Post #4

Clearly irony is lost on you - I was in fact agreeing with you and simply commenting the type of sentences so often meted out by Swedish courts. Unfortunately I was too subtle for you. tongue.gif
+
frenchviking
post 11.Nov.2012, 08:49 AM
Post #5

Seems likethere are 2 levels of justice in sweden...

If you are working and paying tax, contributing to the system, but you are caught speeding a litle on an empty road, it will cost you a fortune! Or if you were to try to cheat the tax system, then you will be in huge trouble...

But, if you are unemployed and leave a man to die on the train tracks adter robbing him then you are a victim and all is fine... Or if you burn your wife or sister's face with acid because they offended you then again, well, it is ok since it is your culture...

Actually, since i am french it is my culture to speed and cheat the tax system... I guess i should just do it and use discrimination as my defense!
+
Mark249
post 11.Nov.2012, 09:58 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (frenchviking @ 11.Nov.2012, 08:49 AM) *
Actually, since i am french it is my culture to speed and cheat the tax system...

I think you're right. You just have to step off the plane in Paris to see the citys past glory days.
+
Yorkshireman
post 11.Nov.2012, 12:11 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 9.Nov.2012, 11:53 PM) *
... or do you want a ghetto where you can do as you will.

Indirectly it already exists... just look at the number of reports now where the police are attacked in Rinkeby!

If you are working and paying tax, contributing to the system, but you are caught speeding a litle on an empty road, it will cost you a fortune!

How much You pay is dependant upon how much You earn. Sweden has a day-fine system, where there are a number of days fine given, and the amount is calculated on how much you earn per day.

But, if you are unemployed and leave a man to die on the train tracks adter robbing him then you are a victim and all is fine...

No.
He was sentenced according to the crime commited, whether We like it or not. He robbed 2 people, and that is what he was found guilty of. It is not a crime in Sweden for not helping someone, even if they at risk of injury!

Or if you burn your wife or sister's face with acid because they offended you then again, well, it is ok since it is your culture...

No, a crime is a crime as described by law, regardless of culture.

Actually, since i am french it is my culture to speed and cheat the tax system... I guess i should just do it and use discrimination as my defense!

Give it a try ... Would be interesting to hear the defence biggrin.gif
+
sometimesinsweden
post 11.Nov.2012, 01:16 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 11.Nov.2012, 12:11 PM) *
No, a crime is a crime as described by law, regardless of culture.

This has repeatedly been proven in practice to not be the case in the UK and Sweden.

There are a huge number of examples where crimes have been downgraded and the law been 'relaxed' or not maintained due to the cultural background of the defendant.
+
Yorkshireman
post 11.Nov.2012, 02:39 PM
Post #9

Law is not black and white, it is about Interpretation and Argument, not only with regards what law-makers have written into the text of the law, but also how the judicial system processes that. (case-law)

Whilst one can look at an event, and say Oh! ...the crime has been downgraded or relaxed due to cultural background ... another one can look and conclude ... a good argument either with regards the severity of the crime, or indeed the sentence itself being too strict or lenient, was made and proved successful.
+
elchron
post 22.Jun.2013, 03:04 PM
Post #10

Hello folks, I'd like to inquire about the Rättssakerhetsorganisation RO from Örebro run by Mr. Johann BINNINGE, is it a real organization helping people or something fake? in fact I've asked for help and I think they are not really willing to provide it;

also, if anybody could indicate an organization that could be REALLY interested in a case where the Police and the Prosecutor tries to sweep some case under the rug playing deaf;

thank u all
+
pookie sexbomb
post 16.Jul.2013, 06:50 PM
Post #11

Does anybody think this could happen in STOCKHOLM? If yes, please contribute to this topic:
By Chris Greenwood
PUBLISHED: 01:56 GMT, 16 July 2013 | UPDATED: 07:02 GMT, 16 July 2013

Police are choosing not to fully investigate hundreds of thousands of crimes because they are deemed 'unsolvable'
Police are choosing not to fully investigate hundreds of thousands of crimes, including street attacks, burglaries and fraud.

Huge numbers of cases are deemed unsolvable hours after an allegation are made, in a process known as ‘screening out’.

According to figures released yesterday, almost half of all crimes are not probed by the Met, Britain’s biggest police force.

Recent research revealed as many as one in three crimes reported to other forces across the rest of England and Wales were not investigated.

Campaigners said the practice was creating a ‘postcode lottery’ for victims as police effectively turn a blind eye to some offences. Senior officers were under pressure to focus resources on crimes that were a priority for them and not victims.

New statistics revealed that 45 per cent of crimes, including a quarter of robberies, two out of five burglaries and three quarters of car thefts were not investigated in London last year.
Furthermore, 40 per cent of individual fraud cases, almost two thirds of criminal damage allegations and four out of every five cycle thefts were screened out.
In total 346,397 were screened out at an early stage with 424,091 crimes being subjected to further investigation.
Roger Evans, a Tory member of the London Assembly, branded the statistics a disgrace and said victims should have the right to make police investigate.

He said: ‘Resources are tight, but crimes such as burglary are in no way minor.
‘They can have a devastating impact on the confidence and well-being of the victim.
‘Many criminals’ illegal activities escalate each time they get away with it, so we are sending out a very dangerous message.

‘If you are a thief in London, you can rest assured that over three quarters of your crimes reported by victims will be ignored by police.

‘We need a dramatic shift in the way police see these crimes – they may not be exciting enough to investigate but they are serious.’

The figures will make difficult reading for Met Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, who signaled that he would phase out the practice when he came into office in 2011.

According to figures released yesterday, almost half of all crimes are not probed by the Met, Britain’s biggest police force
The most recent figures showed as many as one in three crimes – almost 650,000 out of just over two million crimes – were not investigated across England and Wales. Senior officers have said the practice evolved as a way of making the best of limited resources and focusing on priorities.

They insisted that any crimes where there was the likelihood of identifying a suspect would be vigorously pursued.

Murder, violent offences and rape are always investigated, as are cases where there is a named suspect or forensic evidence.
But Javed Khan, who leads the charity Victim Support, said many victims would feel justice was not being done.
He added: ‘It is the service that is provided to victims, rather than meeting targets, that should be the clear focus for all police forces.

‘It is outrageous that a postcode lottery of this nature exists. Victims should expect a proper response to their reports, regardless of where they live in the country.’
A spokesman for the Met said it investigated every single allegation of crime that it received.

‘A number of crime allegations will require secondary investigation once the initial investigation is complete’ he said.
‘The Met currently conducts secondary investigations in approximately 60 per cent of all crime allegations, as compared to the national average of 45 per cent.

‘The Met is concentrating on improving the quality and rigor of initial investigations in order to improve the service to victims by reducing the need for follow- up visits.’

Share or comment on this article Comments (71):

'A priority for them and not victims' in other words normally law abiding tax payers who make a mistake!
- Crossan , Manchester, United Kingdom, 16/7/2013 18:16
The Polce, generally speaking, are wasted space. For God's sake increase the standard of entry to, at least, ensure new recruits are literate.
- geoff3944 , france, France, 16/7/2013 18:11
Too busy in the local Tesco’s getting their dinner that has to be far important than investigating crime
- busy mum of 3 , kettering uk, 16/7/2013 17:42
We were broken into but we knew who did it. We gave descriptions, their names, addresses; we had foot prints and an eye witnesses came forward who saw them carrying away a safe. The Police said that they "could not just go and question them on our say so" - it was against their human rights. After 3 weeks of waiting, they did nothing. The Police are only good as tax collectors, for anything else you have to do it yourself.
- orange1234 , Liverpool, United Kingdom, 16/7/2013 17:41
[b]I am surprised that this (well known) method of Manipulation of Crime Recording has taken so long to hit the press. I am sure it has been reported before and I know that this has been going on probably nationally for about TEN years. So nothing new here than...just a cunning way to prevent Front Line Police Officers Recording Crime...eg: "Non Crime" = we don’t believe you, "Uncooperative witness" = victim does not have faith in the system...both this excuses will be POUNCED ON my Crime Management Hub and will probably not be counted as Real Crime...why? Well, this helps Super to get his big fat bonus and all the Jobsworth managers to churn on about what a good job they are doing. Now if you do not believe me next time you see a PC on the beat (what a rare event) Try asking him of you can actually report a Crime there and then...you will be surprised by what you find...good luck [/b]
- Ken , ESSEX, 16/7/2013 17:16
I've been a victim of crime several times and the crimes have not once been investigated by the forelock tugging local police
- Malcolm , Burton on Trent, United Kingdom, 16/7/2013 16:30
If half of all crimes are not investigated, that means that crime rates are at least double the numbers quoted by our "in it together" bonus for results Leeches.
- O4kinell , EUNO, 16/7/2013 14:21
Crime rates are falling, now you know exactly why.
- O4kinell , EUNO, 16/7/2013 14:18
The politicians have interfered in every service with their target driven system of running the country.
- PC , Liverpool, United Kingdom, 16/7/2013 14:08
It's because, just like the NHS, which is also in ruin, the police force is geared towards 'hitting targets' rather than just getting on with the job in hand. Bureaucracy is the garrote that is slowly but surely, squeezing the last bit of fight out of this country and its people. One tick box at a time.
- Westy , York, United Kingdom, 16/7/2013 13:58
+
Ivor stephé
post 8.Mar.2014, 09:59 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 9.Nov.2012, 10:57 PM) *
http://www.gp.se/nyheter/goteborg/1.112232...rak-vid-sjukhusWhy is it that idiots can get away with what they want in this country. I dont care if they are white, black, yello ... (show full quote)

I am sure you will be glad to know that after hundreds of gun related deaths in Sweden.
We are finally starting to see a change in the courts in regards to sentences.

Some of these people got up to 2 and a half years in what is being described as a harsh sentence.
But don't worry, they should be back out and getting back to business in 14+ months on good behaviour.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?...artikel=5804059
+
The Punisher
post 8.Mar.2014, 11:00 AM
Post #13

Seems likethere are 2 levels of justice in sweden...If you are working and paying tax, contributing to the system, but you are caught speeding a litle on an empty road, it wil ... (show full quote)

Man,you make my day brighter!
Truth and honest!
Merci!
+
LLHope
post 8.Mar.2014, 08:24 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (The Punisher @ 8.Mar.2014, 11:00 AM) *
Man,you make my day brighter!. Truth and honest!. Merci!

Different kinds of crime with different kinds of time!

Fines are based upon earnings, the reasoning behind that is to equalise the punishment between different income groups. The other crimes that don't have fines serve punishment according to the degree of the offence and punishment level equal for all.
+
Seamus Sean
post 9.Mar.2014, 06:22 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Ivor stephé @ 8.Mar.2014, 09:59 AM) *
I am sure you will be glad to know that after hundreds of gun related deaths in Sweden.We are finally starting to see a change in the courts in regards to sentences.Some of th ... (show full quote)

I haven´t been around these parts lately, just checking in now and I see age old threads are being dragged up...just how empty is your life Ivor? No better half? No kids? Friends? Social life? Is this forum what you live for? Scrolling back through threads?? Listen, please, for your own sake...GET A LIFE!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN