• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Watch Swedish TV on your iPad

Or other tablet, laptop, etc

Monark540
post 10.Nov.2012, 11:57 AM
Post #1

Not sure if this service has been mentioned here before but do check out Magine

For now,its a free service that lets you watch live TV shows or any show that has been transmitted the past week. You can pause, resume, fast forward, etc.

I find it to be a very clever solution - no, I have no connection with the company- and either watch on my iPad or else, using AirPlay, push it on to the TV.

You can apply for a beta invite at their website and mine arrived within a day. Just for kicks, I tried it on a recent visit back to the States, and it worked fine.

The channel selection is pretty good - 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, CNN, etc

Check it out!
Go to the top of the page
+
byke
post 10.Nov.2012, 12:15 PM
Post #2

Does your Beta testing invite give you access to non Swedish channels? (Such as British?)
As I don't watch Swedish channels, and CNN is not my cup of tea.
+
Hisingen
post 10.Nov.2012, 03:42 PM
Post #3

With the accent on TV sets getting bigger and bigger, who in heck wants to watch TV on a little pad? Must be a bit difficult to read the sub-titles for those who find it necessary.
A sure sign of age - I can't for the life of me see why everyone these days has to go around 'connected' in some way or other, and watching TV on a little pad. Nuts. The only ones who will benefit in the long run will be the opticians.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 10.Nov.2012, 04:43 PM
Post #4

That's why you push it to your TV via Airplay. The iPad merely works as a remote/GUI.
+
Hisingen
post 10.Nov.2012, 08:39 PM
Post #5

Well, for my part, having a Sky Digibox, and Swedish DVB-T I get all I need - on a biggish screen, with no need for air wotsits. No doubt that's what comes from being somewhat ancient. But some little pad just 'ain't it' for me. Much easier to read text TV via the big screen, to, without having to use a 'pen' to sort out the pages from a pad. If I want Swedish Text TV then I can see that on my computer screen anyway, if I want it 'smaller'.
+
Mib
post 11.Nov.2012, 02:19 PM
Post #6

Hisingen...it's not for everyone, but for people who are away from home due to work or other reasons, it's a very convenient wa to watch that program you don't want to miss...or watch a movie and NOT pay the ridiculous fee at the hotel.

As someone mentioned, you have a small/cheap Apple TV connectd to your TV and vis Airlay, you can mirror the iPad, iPhone or latet models of Macbooks to your TV and it works really well. For some of us expats and even Swedes who enjoy British/American TV, they subscribe to a VPN and watch their favourite programs via BBC iPLayer etc and mirror it to their TV.

For most people, they cannot have a satellite and therefore Sky box to get access to the English channels. You're not ancient...you'r lucky smile.gif Enjoy!
+
Hisingen
post 11.Nov.2012, 02:48 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Mib @ 11.Nov.2012, 01:19 PM) *
Hisingen...it's not for everyone, but for people who are away from home due to work or other reasons, it's a very convenient wa to watch that program you don't wan ... (show full quote)

As to not missing 'that' programme, I simply record it for later viewing, but yes . i an ancient - - and lucky!! smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se