• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Working in UK

How does it work?

viahero2k7
post 10.Nov.2012, 11:12 PM
Post #1

Hi all

How does it work for the Akssa if I get a job in UK ? can I maintain my Akassa still ? thanks for help
Go to the top of the page
+
Yorkshireman
post 11.Nov.2012, 11:34 AM
Post #2

No.

The general rule across the EU is that You are insured for unemployment in the Member State where You are working. There are a few exceptions for this eg. Posted worker, sea workers, Swedish Gov. workers. It is up to Försäkringskassan to make a decision if you want to try and keep your a-kassa.

Warning: Before You go to the UK, make sure you get from Försäkringskassan the A1 (old E101) form to say You were insured in Sweden. PLUS, make sure there is absolutely no gap between paying in Sweden for a-kassa, and working in the UK. This is important, not even 1 day gap. By this I mean, if You are say starting work in UK 1st Jan, you make sure you pay into Swedish a-kassa right up to 31st December. This is because in many countries, like Sweden, you need to have been part of an unemployment scheme for 12 months, and you can carry that period across to other Member States. Any gap = you left the scheme, so clock starts again!
+
Pursuivant
post 14.Nov.2012, 05:31 PM
Post #3

But when you go to UK, then if they give you the boot within the 3-4 month probation period, the A-kassa won't careas you have moved to UK. And UK won't care as you haven't been working in the UK long enough. So its a risk you take.
+
ahm
post 17.Nov.2012, 11:18 PM
Post #4

Its not reply to OP

But just old article by the Telegraph

funny
, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1526256/Bu...ts-bonanza.html
+
Hisingen
post 18.Nov.2012, 03:36 PM
Post #5

Well, if you are so knowledgeable why don't you provide all the answers instead of criticising anyone making an effort??? cool.gif
+
ahm
post 18.Nov.2012, 04:28 PM
Post #6

Hisingen ,my friend,,,, i dont know everything. I can answer for the thing that i know , im not criticising anyone here, Its shame to do it. Im just talk about bulgarian passport that joined EU in 2006 and all others (ukranian ,macadonians,,,etc )became accessible to work in UK . As per newspaper The telegraph. In this view poor countries will affect rich countries . And i think Albanians also they plan to join . And its funny . Im not insulting anyone ,but im just saying that more countries joining EU ,so hence EU affected ,(Romanians and Bulgarians are NOW in EU) smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com