• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Difficulty posting replies

Tried to add a reply

texaslass
post 15.Nov.2012, 10:24 AM
Post #1

I posted a reply to the news article about requiring Swedish to be learned before receiving citizenship. However, I cannot see my post, nor anyone else's post. There is just a void where the posts are to be. Is this just a problem on my end, or are other people having problems with posting?
Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+
electric_magnetic
post 15.Nov.2012, 11:37 AM
Post #2

I wanted to post the same question but I see that there's already a topic on this issue but no one has answered... I had the same problem yesterday. First my post was rejected due to profanity, which I didn't write and afterwards it just said that there was a problem of some other sort...
+
Puffin
post 15.Nov.2012, 12:26 PM
Post #3

It is a longstanding issue for many posters - but TL seems in no hurry to fix it

Some people find they solve the problem by logging out and then logging in again - but it gets irritating to do it multiple times each day
+
John.Smith
post 15.Nov.2012, 12:26 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (electric_magnetic @ 15.Nov.2012, 11:37 AM) *
I wanted to post the same question but I see that there's already a topic on this issue but no one has answered... I had the same problem yesterday. First my post was reje ... (show full quote)

There is no need for that type of language!

(just kidding)
smile.gif
+
John.Smith
post 15.Nov.2012, 12:29 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Puffin @ 15.Nov.2012, 12:26 PM) *
It is a longstanding issue for many posters - but TL seems in no hurry to fix itSome people find they solve the problem by logging out and then logging in again - but it gets ... (show full quote)

Clear your cookies, there are some issues with cashed pages losing your login credentials. When I view the News section I cannot leave a comment as it always says I am not logged in. Clearing the cookies and cashe seems to work.
+
electric_magnetic
post 15.Nov.2012, 01:57 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (John.Smith @ 15.Nov.2012, 12:26 PM) *
There is no need for that type of language!. (just kidding) smile.gif

haha, I guess they thought that "lets respect each other" was a profanity wink.gif
I just don't know how the "it's racist" comment was approved.
+
Johno
post 15.Nov.2012, 05:46 PM
Post #7

My real complaint against The Local is for its current line in popups - the latest inviting me to contact some nymphomaniac site. How does one stop that ?
+
Hisingen
post 15.Nov.2012, 06:00 PM
Post #8

The Local certainly has got gremlins in its server, or wherever one has gremlins. Signed out, but in, signed in, but out. Comments getting lost, or disapperaing off screen, only to find that they have been accepted. Unable to edit. The whole website is getting beyond a joke and is in desperate need of a real overhaul.
But will it get it??
I ha ma doots.
They are too busy looking for pictures of the female boob to keep publishing every day, since it is clearly FAR more enjoyable than putting things to rights with a forum website.
One also wonders whether they even have the know-how to correct the errors.
angry.gif
angry.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se