• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Sweden Democrats latest scandal

What really happened?

byke
post 16.Nov.2012, 10:08 AM
Post #1

I havent been following this latest Sweden Democrats scandal, as while I dont agree with the party.
But can anyone tell me what exactly has gone on regarding this latest 3 politicians on kungsgatan in 2010?

From what I have read, it involves a drunk man (Swedish chav if you will) in an altercation with SD members.
And the drunk in the heat of the moment puts on a Jeremy Kyle attitude and claims to be part of some gang? (OG)

My question is, did these 3 members step in to stop an altercation between a drunk man and a young lady (who was shoved)? (and if so, by who?)

I really dont understand the supposed chain of events.
But if someone could explain this I would be most grateful. As there would seem to be conflicting reports in what happened.
Go to the top of the page
+
Localer
post 16.Nov.2012, 10:26 AM
Post #2

i think its a media or government propaganda to bring down the growing support for SD. who knows.
+
byke
post 16.Nov.2012, 10:41 AM
Post #3

Normally I would read a response like the one you wrote and think, such a response would only be issued because of support for the SD.

But I have to be honest, while I don't support the SD in any mannerism whatsoever, I had thought that if the SD were to gain power in a way they have. It could lead to questionable scandals being exposed.

And I wonder if this is one of those moments.

Firstly we have a shaky film, which has been sat on for over 2 years?
Why hasnt it come to light before this sudden rise in support?
Then we have 3 men holding what looks to be metal tubes at the top of regeringsgatan (sp?) outside the old irish pub which if memory serves me correct was being gutted and renovated as they had moved. So that could help explain where said pipes came from. (Its been a fair amount of building in that area for a long time)

I just wonder if this latest "Scandal" is orchestrated.
And if so, who would be behind such a large and coordinated campaign ?
+
Yorkshireman
post 16.Nov.2012, 10:45 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Localer @ 16.Nov.2012, 10:26 AM) *
i think its a media or government propaganda to bring down the growing support for SD. who knows.

As Sherlock would say ...there is a game a foot.

Not sure that it is the media, or the Government, remember ... the footage is taken by a friend and He knew about the film for 2 years. Could it be coincidence! that it was kept quiet for so long, and released just as the SD party is growing in the polls, and in the process of changing their public profile in order to attract more support other than Nationalistic White Males, ie. Women voters. And up pops a video and story how women are called wh*res, low tolerance etc... Yeah! Coincidence. rolleyes.gif . Question is, what does the person that took the video have to gain by releasing it?

I do wonder also, as the saying goes, there ain't no such thing as bad publicity. In the political arena, it isn't often about what was done, but rather how one reacts and handles the situation that counts. It will be interesting to see after the initial reactions, just how the public respond ...right now SD dominate the political media!
+
byke
post 16.Nov.2012, 10:51 AM
Post #5

Can anyone provide a link to the raw footage that hasn't been edited and steered by a commentator?

I tried to find the unedited version, to see for myself what went on ... but can only find some Expressen crap.
+
djmarko
post 16.Nov.2012, 11:21 AM
Post #6

porpaganda or no propaganda, those thugs in suits belong on the streets, a politician is a noble profession, there are thousands of career swedish politicians, this might damage their reputation that any thug can be picked up on the streets and as far as you wear a suit and dont like immigrants, you can make it as an MP!

They will continue to get exposed, lets see who is next, maybe their party leader needs to vet his candidates a bit more
+
Coolrunnings
post 16.Nov.2012, 11:57 AM
Post #7

The three SD guys came out of a bar and saw an immigrant stand up comedian whom they recognised. They went to him and started verbally abusing him because he made jokes about their party on some show. They threatened him that if he didn't keep quite they would deport him and all immigrants in the future.

Then a drunk immigrant guy passes by and these SD guys start verbally abusing him as well. A swedish woman then comes along and tries to stop the fight and they throw her against her against a car and verbally abuse her. The SD guys get agressive and pick up steel pipes to attack the drunk guy. Later on it shows that they didn't see him as a threat at all and they made up media stories to claim that the drunk guy attacked them.

Basically these racist huligans started an unprovoked fight and lied about it.
+
byke
post 16.Nov.2012, 12:07 PM
Post #8

That doesnt make sense though.
As they are on regeringsgatan going down to Kungsgatan in one shot with pipes ... but on Kungsgatan there are no pipes?

Is there any unedited footage of this confrontation available?

Again, not an SD supporter in the slightest.
I just want to see non sexed up proof.
+
Coolrunnings
post 16.Nov.2012, 12:21 PM
Post #9

Typical SD argument whenever some SD scandal shows up. Conspiracy... conspiracy.. conspiracy... wink.gif
+
sometimesinsweden
post 16.Nov.2012, 02:55 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (djmarko @ 16.Nov.2012, 11:21 AM) *
porpaganda or no propaganda, those thugs in suits belong on the streets, a politician is a noble profession, there are thousands of career swedish politicians, this might dama ... (show full quote)

Are you for real, Marko?

Noble?
+
Svensksmith
post 16.Nov.2012, 03:22 PM
Post #11

@djmarko

"a politician is a noble profession"

-and the skunk is a noble animal. Seriously, what world do you live in?
+
djmarko
post 16.Nov.2012, 03:27 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (sometimesinsweden @ 16.Nov.2012, 03:55 PM) *
Are you for real, Marko?. Noble?

Noble profession as in career politicians work hard all their lives to provide service for the people, in all essence the thought of a politician to me is someone that works for the people, fair enough some politicians are crooks, but these types of SD thugs give the rest of politics a bad name!!!
+
electric_magnetic
post 16.Nov.2012, 04:35 PM
Post #13

...what blows my mind the most is that a far-right political organisation has "democratic" in its name. I hope their mouths will be wired shut for some time now.

Luckily, Swedes never really experienced how bad far-right politicians can be and I urge them to not give themselves a chance to see it because it can be really nasty. Norway nasty... Breivik type of nasty... this was just a preview, if you subscribe it can get worse, trust me... I'm from that part of the world where it got worse and it wasn't a fun ride...

@Localer, well... the video speaks for itself... and since they're in power, this is a good way to slow down their growth since that kind of growth is not a good one...
+
sometimesinsweden
post 16.Nov.2012, 05:43 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (djmarko @ 16.Nov.2012, 03:27 PM) *
Noble profession as in career politicians work hard all their lives to provide service for the people, in all essence the thought of a politician to me is someone that works f ... (show full quote)

Politician working for the people....wow, we've met different politicians then. The few I've met are self-serving rats who'll change their opinions on the drop of a coin to safeguard their position or stay in power.

Don't really see how a drunken SD oaf gives politics any more of a bad name than the former PM and his acquired wealth and directorships accrued whilst... ahem...serving the people.

Regarding the SD 'scandal' - idiotic lack of control and behaviour that should rightly result in his sacking. But clearly released to the media at a time when it looks like they're gaining votes from the pissed-off Swedes who are seeing their lifestyles go backwards in current climate. If the mainstream parties prevent any discussion on certain issues which are pertinent, then the smaller more extreme parties will gain votes due to this. Obvious to me.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 16.Nov.2012, 05:49 PM
Post #15

Conspiracy?

Let's ask Trow! wacko.gif
laugh.gif
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com