• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Homemade Christmas Crackers

Looking for supplies!

Jenniferocious
post 18.Nov.2012, 03:41 PM
Post #1

I'm planning on making some home made Christmas crackers (the pulling type, not the eating type). Can anyone tell me what kind of shop I would find cracker snaps (the part that snaps when pulled)? Not sure where to look as I can't imagine what they would be used for here in Sweden. I'm between Säter and Borlänge in Dalarna if anyone knows of a specific shop.

Many thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 19.Nov.2012, 01:42 PM
Post #2

Don't really know anywhere in this area - especially in that rural Solvabo/Gustafs area (I live not far away).

Crackers are not really a Swedish thing - your best bet if probably to buy snaps on the internet from craft stores - Amazon.co.uk lists some that ship abroad - I think this one does
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cracker-snaps-crac...8723&sr=8-7

I tend to buy my crackers ready made from the English Shop in Stockholm or online from the British Corner shop
+
Jenniferocious
post 20.Nov.2012, 01:42 PM
Post #3

Hmmm, yeah, I thought I would struggle to find them here. Will look online.

Tack så mycket!
+
Yorkshireman
post 20.Nov.2012, 02:37 PM
Post #4

D't think You will find in Sweden the snapper part ... if all else fails, you can always buy Christmas Crackers from the English Shop in Stockholm (they do mail order), they normally have a selection at this time of year smile.gif :-

http://www.englishshop.se/
+
llaregub
post 20.Nov.2012, 02:54 PM
Post #5

I got mine from ebay just do a search on there, you can also get the silly hats and jokes as part of a kit.

I also did a search on google to get templates that you can cut out so you get the correct shape for the cracker.
+
Jenniferocious
post 24.Nov.2012, 05:51 PM
Post #6

Thanks all. I found some online really cheap with cheap delivery also. The site is www.thecraftbarn.co.uk if anyone's interested. Many thanks for the advice!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se