• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Phone number associated with person number

How do I change it?

timmah
post 19.Nov.2012, 06:17 PM
Post #1

Hi,
When I originally came to Sweden not knowing I was going to live here indefinitely, I got a pre-paid phone. Eventually as I settled down I got a person number, and now have a contract phone. When I get packages from abroad, the SMS arrive on my old phone, which I don't really want - I presume somehow (probably when I registered for my person number...) my old phone number was associated with my person number, and thats how posten know my number so I can pick up packages with the SMS.

Does anyone know how I can change this please? Having to keep my old phone number just for this is a bit tiresome, would be great to have them on the new phone number! Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
StephenR
post 19.Nov.2012, 08:12 PM
Post #2

Your phone number isn't connected with your personnummer. You would have to enter the SMS number yourself manually or its associated with the accounts that you're using to buy online. Change your account details instead.
+
timmah
post 19.Nov.2012, 09:39 PM
Post #3

Ahhhhh! Thanks...and doh, yes I did have the old phone number associated with Amazon...
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com