• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Craving for Peanut Butter

Where to buy

Localer
post 23.Nov.2012, 12:28 PM
Post #1

I am craving for peanut butter, where to get one in Stockholm ? anyone ?
Go to the top of the page
+
robotikempire
post 23.Nov.2012, 12:34 PM
Post #2

I saw some at ICA in the baking/Icing isle.
+
Puffin
post 23.Nov.2012, 12:35 PM
Post #3

Most supermarkets sell Skippy or Sun-pat - usually in the baking section near the nuts
+
William Sachsen-Coburg-Go...
post 23.Nov.2012, 12:45 PM
Post #4

Sometimes they hide it near the jam. It seems to be one of those products they can't quite place so is used to fill up a gap. You have to hunt it down, but it will be in there somewhere.
+
djmarko
post 23.Nov.2012, 01:32 PM
Post #5

English shop in medborgaplatsen, just finished mines last night!!! going for a refill!
+
Hisingen
post 23.Nov.2012, 02:10 PM
Post #6

Jordnötsmör if you don't see peanut butter, and can be found literally anywhere, not necessarily where you think it might be in the store. As said previously, they don't know how to categorise it.
+
johnjohn
post 23.Nov.2012, 02:15 PM
Post #7

Lidl.
+
cogito
post 23.Nov.2012, 02:38 PM
Post #8

NK has a good selection (for Sweden) of both the classics (Skippy) as well a couple of organic/ecolo. choices.
+
Onetime
post 23.Nov.2012, 03:22 PM
Post #9

Mississippi Belle is sold at some ICA stores and is the only decent peanut butter I've found here. Skippy is made here in Sweden and thus doesn't have to be 90% peanuts and isn't made using hydrogenated vegetable oil, so it's just this gritty mess in a jar. Peter Pan can be found at City Gross and is okay though old and out of date more often than not.
+
Snood
post 23.Nov.2012, 03:43 PM
Post #10

My local ICA maxi sells it on the opposite shelf to the self raising flour
+
johnjohn
post 23.Nov.2012, 03:53 PM
Post #11

@Snood, Did you mean self-raising or self-rasing flour? What is it called in Swedish?
+
Snood
post 23.Nov.2012, 03:58 PM
Post #12

@johnjohn I don't think you can get self rising flour here and especially not self rasing flour, only self raising and It's called "Extra Fint Mjöl"

What is self rasing flour? flour which completely destroys itself? like anti-flour? smile.gif
+
johnjohn
post 23.Nov.2012, 04:04 PM
Post #13

Yes indeed I was looking for anti-flour for my kitchen stove top nuclear reactor, thanks!
+
Hisingen
post 24.Nov.2012, 11:15 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Snood @ 23.Nov.2012, 03:58 PM) *
@johnjohn I don't think you can get self rising flour here and especially not self rasing flour, only self raising and It's called "Extra Fint Mjöl" What is ... (show full quote)

Since your home is listed as Gbg, then of course you must be familiar with the Indian Food House on Hisingen, where McDougals Self Raising Flour can be found along with various brands of peanut butter. The shop is a true godsend for those wanting curries of all flavours, flour too, Tate & Lyle Black Treacle and Demarara sugar - for your coffee, Bird's Custard, Horlicks, Milo Drinking chocolate, Fray Bentos tinned steak and kidney pies, Hayward's and Branston pickles and heaven knows what else. Not exactly cheap, but reasonable. Better on the whole than the English Shop, but unfortunately not on line. Once there, you can rub shoulders with folks from all over.
+
Steggles
post 24.Nov.2012, 05:06 PM
Post #15

Yes, the Skippy brand (not Australian) is in the supermarkets!

But I like Kraft Peanut Paste...never too dry, never too oily! :-)
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN