• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Rich Swedes compared to rich canadians/americans

Taxes In Sweden

Dan2012
post 24.Nov.2012, 11:45 PM
Post #1

Hi all,

I was just wondering how much the super rich in sweden pay in taxes?
I know that in Canada the super rich ie 1 million dollars plus per year pay taxes at a much lower rate than the top marginal tax rate. I also know that the same happens in the UK, just look at Jimmy Carr and the jersey scheme he used!
I noticed that the top marginal tax rate in Sweden was over 50%, my question is so the super rich actually pay this or do they use tax loopholes just like the rich in Canada, the US and the UK.

Also if they do use these loopholes what level of tax do they end up paying?
Go to the top of the page
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 25.Nov.2012, 04:12 AM
Post #2

50% tax is only for high income (from work). Most rich people earn their money from capital gains which is taxed at 30%, and there is always room for extensive tax planning.

Stefan Persson (majority shareholder of H&M) paid about 125 million USD in tax last year from stock dividends.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists
Click here for the full job description