• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Flies infested house

I mean... now?!

gregovce
post 28.Nov.2012, 10:04 PM
Post #1

Here is the deal. I live in older (kind of 40 years old) wooden classic swedish house. Carpenters are changing windows those days (yes i know, kinda late but im just renting the place, have nothing to do with it) and all of a sudden the house is full (and i mean full!) of flies. I kill like 20-30 pieces a day and they are stil comming.
They also behave strangely, they tend to fly into lights, they also fly in the dark, hiting the walls and ceiling all the time.

Now, is my house built on some old viking cemetery or is there something else i should know?
Go to the top of the page
+
Hamsterdam
post 28.Nov.2012, 10:24 PM
Post #2

Yes, next time don't bury the wife under the floorboards.
+
gregovce
post 28.Nov.2012, 10:34 PM
Post #3

you are one funny guy, ain't you?
+
johnjohn
post 28.Nov.2012, 10:54 PM
Post #4

Happens every year. In the days just before the start of winter they will amass by the hundreds. Usually clinging on the warmest side of the house they become very slow to frozen in activity. Many die and others will seek a hiding place and emerge in the spring.
+
Svensksmith
post 29.Nov.2012, 12:10 AM
Post #5

Them's circle flies.
+
roodkapje
post 29.Nov.2012, 12:12 AM
Post #6

I had this problem last year after I had some some storage space added to a room. I pressumed this were eggs between the wood who came out. I hoovered them up 2 times a day and after a week or 2 the problem was gone, this year no flies at all.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Nov.2012, 01:38 AM
Post #7

Comedy improv originated here! wacko.gif
+
jim747
post 1.Dec.2012, 10:38 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (roodkapje @ 29.Nov.2012, 01:12 AM) *
I had this problem last year after I had some some storage space added to a room. I pressumed this were eggs between the wood who came out. I hoovered them up 2 times a day an ... (show full quote)

Tis indeed the main source of the problem, they lay eggs in the frames between the glazing.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se