• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Consequences if SD comes to power?

How dangerous can it get?

vicky7
post 29.Nov.2012, 08:15 AM
Post #1

How bad can it get for swedish citizens of foreign origin if this SD party eventually comes to power? I can understand that refugees are not popular, but it is quite disturbing that their party openly displays huligan/facist behaviour and their voters support it. They even have problems with sucessful immigrants like Zlatan and other Europeans. More concerning is that racist people will become more empowered to be openly racist and attack people as they do in Denmark. Even my south and east european friends are complaining of hostile behaviour from these SD sympathisers.

What do you think? Should one pack the bags and be ready to flee just in case?
Go to the top of the page
+
Coolrunnings
post 29.Nov.2012, 08:22 AM
Post #2

No worries. You can always move to the UK where there is no chance in hell that BNP will win thanks to the electoral system. smile.gif
+
Coolrunnings
post 29.Nov.2012, 08:48 AM
Post #3

One problem I can think of for sure is if you have dual citizenship. They may force you to renounce either one, which means you are at their mercy as a swedish citizen or you give up your swedish citizenship.
+
Coolrunnings
post 29.Nov.2012, 08:56 AM
Post #4

Maybe a good idea not to have too many fixed assets here just in case.
+
jostein
post 29.Nov.2012, 09:05 AM
Post #5

Lets hope for no influence for the SD after next election. More mass immigration from Somalia and Afghanistan and Syria is the best bet for us Swedes imho. Had SD gained influence ten years ago maybe it would have been possible to back out of this situation. As it is now the only direction is forward.

Here is a trick question. Why is there perpetual war in these countries? Is it because some mysterious quality in the ground infecting the food? Or could it be the people themselves and their culture that be the cause? People that are now massmoving to sweden and creating enclaves here? Whats gonna happen when there are a few hundred thousand more of them (as in 2018)? Whats gonna happen when the state is running out of money to pay their wellfare? I mean, even now when they are being bought off they are showing occupationbehaviour, rapes, robberies, harassments, beatings are common place? What will happen when there is no more money to pay them off? The sooner we find out the better, imho. You havent seen nothing yet.
+
Juniorr
post 29.Nov.2012, 09:12 AM
Post #6

I think Jostein is moving this caht out of it destined purpose. We r on the forum about the Swedish cockamamies party, SD. I am few month old in this beloved country, but what is crystal clear is that SD is gaining growing support from many Swedes and that is a sign of growing xonophobia in the country.
+
byke
post 29.Nov.2012, 09:17 AM
Post #7

The SD is not the problem.
As while they are a far right political party with many questions being asked about their professional conduct. What is the REAL DANGER is the persons who vote for them.

If the SD gain greater powers, then it represents a sentiment.
An extreme sentiment of society.
AND THAT IS THE REAL DANGER.

Who do you really think is going to make your life hell?
A politician with very strong views, or those who live around you and voted for such?

And while I do generally not agree with the SD, I dont doubt that we will see other parties or politicians looking to reduce damage, as the SD could pose a serious threat to a financial model sweden has marketed itself on.
+
Mark249
post 29.Nov.2012, 10:02 AM
Post #8

SD people are indeed a crazy bunch with bizarre ideas. I've come across these crazy people off and on. More frequent now than before. Despite the fact that my family (excluding my mother) are ethnic wallons from belgium and have lived in Sweden for 400 years, I am not accepted as a Swede by them because of my ethnic origins. An irony considering that we wallons were the ones who developed this backward country back then. This is not a country with a culture that rewards merit.

Back to the question, just make the best of the situation now and leave when the day comes.
+
unionisten
post 29.Nov.2012, 10:10 AM
Post #9

well to be honest SD is as much dangerous for Swedes as they are for non Swedes
Since they have no education they will ruin this country financially politically and spiritually if they get power
Just look at the lunatics that sits in the party top
+
skogsbo
post 29.Nov.2012, 10:15 AM
Post #10

I think their current activities are good thing, it shows them for the idiots they really are. They were trying to show that they weren't a one policy party, now they don't look fit to run a household never mind a country.
+
skogsbo
post 29.Nov.2012, 10:18 AM
Post #11

http://www.thelocal.se/44726/20121129/

if true, it looks like he tried to stage something, or just made some facts up, hopefully the Police will deal with him
+
djmarko
post 29.Nov.2012, 10:18 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (unionisten @ 29.Nov.2012, 11:10 AM) *
well to be honest SD is as much dangerous for Swedes as they are for non SwedesSince they have no education they will ruin this country financially politically and spiritually ... (show full quote)

may i add also small brained people, probably illiterates, well that explains why these street thugs are getting caught left right and centre, they call them politicians?? please give us a break, now seems Swedish people can see them for what they really are and what they represent, i hope when they pop into their local Thai, Indian, chinese, Turkish restaurant, they can see the enterprise of these people they clearly despise!!!
+
Mark249
post 29.Nov.2012, 10:30 AM
Post #13

I don't think these SD scandals are going to diminish the party. Polls in the media indicate that they are getting even more supoport after the scandals. And the mainstream parties are loosing voters..
+
Osk
post 29.Nov.2012, 10:43 AM
Post #14

Byke is in the main right.

If the SD went today - the reasons why people voted for them still remain.

I dont believe that all of those who vote SD are great supporters of them - they simply vote SD as the other parties do not realistically address or face or speak about the issue of immigration which is of concern to many voters. And for most, this is not about racism it is about how the country will support itself in the future and how far it goes in changing its own culture to accommodate the culture of others. Any mention of these issues usually has people screaming racist so it will stay underground which in turn breeds resentment and anger which will eventually be targeted at the immigrants rather than at the government or polltical parties.

I once spoke to a highly influential Social democrat (in private) about the SD - the response - we do not speak about them- I then asked what about the immigration issues that are raised by the SD - answer - we do not speak about them. As long as this continues people will support the SD, and IMHO if the parties still fail to properly address the issue and we see a drop off in visible SD support there will really be trouble as people will have 'gone underground' and racism will becoem ingrained and institutional.
+
Yorkshireman
post 29.Nov.2012, 10:51 AM
Post #15

It is very unlikely that SD would ever get into a very powerful position. It would take >50% of the popular vote in an election, and I don't see that happening! As their %age increases now, even if they raised it more and more ... the other political parties would refuse to work with them in Parliament.

QUOTE (jostein @ 29.Nov.2012, 09:05 AM) *
More mass immigration from Somalia and Afghanistan and Syria is the best bet for us Swedes imho. Had SD gained influence ten years ago maybe it would have been possible to bac ... (show full quote)

Financially this would be devastating for Sweden, unless it can find funding from other EU countries. It takes approx. 2 to 3 generations of a family before they become what would be described as contributers to the Swedish society (ie. net tax payers). And for some nationalities, as Sweden and the UK are now finding, there is expected to be 0 generations (ie. they will never contribute).

QUOTE (unionisten @ 29.Nov.2012, 10:10 AM) *
well to be honest SD is as much dangerous for Swedes as they are for non SwedesSince they have no education they will ruin this country financially politically and spiritually ... (show full quote)

biggrin.gif Just look through the Parliament We have today and the Politicians in Sweden ... their education is almost non-existant! Sweden IS already being run by non/low educated people. The question You need to consider for yourselves is ... Do You want professional politicians, or politicians that represent the people in all aspects (ie. come from the people and understand their needs). Watch Yes Minister wink.gif and Yes, Prime Minister to get an understanding how politics and civil service works biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Mark249 @ 29.Nov.2012, 10:30 AM) *
I don't think these SD scandals are going to diminish the party. Polls in the media indicate that they are getting even more supoport after the scandals. And the mainstrea ... (show full quote)

In politics it isn't what happens that is key, but how it is handled. If You noticed, almost immediately after the story was widespread about the pipe etc... PR companies were saying ...SD are handling this perfectly.
See that from a leadership perspective, the SD party are more and more promoting and supporting other policies than immigration, this is their attempt to boost support from Women and non-native-male-swedes. And remember, many of their supporters are immigrants! (Surprisingly enough!).

Whilst one can be intimidated by their immigration policies and now open racism ... I wouldn't worry too much about them, they will never become a powerful force in parliament.
+

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com